The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tobnot
I haven't got my form yet either, so don't worry you're not alone! :smile:

This is going to be like the whole Nottingham form panic again :biggrin:

Original post by cobra2k10
No postcard yet... Filled in form but need to get it stamped by college. Im including my parents income support letter and tax credit letter for "means tested benifit" as i dont know which to send :smile:

That's what I'll be doing for the Nottingham one and this too :smile: Can't hurt
Reply 841
Original post by Ally312

Original post by Ally312
This is going to be like the whole Nottingham form panic again :biggrin:

Are you still waiting for your BM6 form??
If parents get child tax credit, does that count as a tax credit hence means tested benifit?
Reply 843
Do I have to send of original documents or would photocopies do?
Original post by tobnot
Are you still waiting for your BM6 form??

Yep. :biggrin:

Original post by Besakt
Do I have to send of original documents or would photocopies do?

Photocopies should do, otherwise there becomes the whole issue for them having to send original documents back to you.
Original post by Hanz_a93
If parents get child tax credit, does that count as a tax credit hence means tested benifit?

yeah, i would think so.
Original post by LKLB93
I'm sending both photocopies for nottingham and southampton. The other option is to scan it and then email it as a PDF file x

Hey there,

didn't Notthingham specify to give a scanned document. I am pretty sure they did say that on the questionaire or can you also give a photocopy?
Original post by Besakt
http://www.imd.communities.gov.uk/

A2L you have to email them and they will check it for you, but it takes them a while to reply, it took them a month to reply to my email. :confused:

Hey did you apply to nottingham bm6 course?
Reply 848
Original post by PrettyLittleLiars
Hey did you apply to nottingham bm6 course?

Nope. My GCSE grades were sufficient for the 5 year course so it would mean a straight rejection for the 6 year course at Notts.
Original post by Besakt
Nope. My GCSE grades were sufficient for the 5 year course so it would mean a straight rejection for the 6 year course at Notts.

Oh that sucks. I just recieved my Southampton letter today am super glad because I was really stressed out. Now I am stressed out over Nottingham :frown:.
Reply 850
I haven't been on here in ages!! Can someone update me whats going on? I've applied to Nottingham and Southampton for the foundation year medicine courses. Have they started giving forms out or something? Thanks in advance
Reply 851
Oh that sucks. I just recieved my Southampton letter today am super glad because I was really stressed out. Now I am stressed out over Nottingham :frown:.

Why? Are you grades sufficient for the 5 year course at Notts?
Original post by Besakt
Why? Are you grades sufficient for the 5 year course at Notts?

Nah, it is the questionnaire that we had to fill in online in a week, but I am not sure whether it is a week after you recieve the letter or a week after you log in on their website. I filled in the questionaire as today was the last day but when I looked through the questions they said that I had to provide a scanned copy of my parents income and evidence that I recieve EMA and as I don't have a scanner at home I have to wait till tomorrw so that I can scan it at school but I am worried that it will be past the deadline.
Reply 853
Nah, it is the questionnaire that we had to fill in online in a week, but I am not sure whether it is a week after you recieve the letter or a week after you log in on their website. I filled in the questionaire as today was the last day but when I looked through the questions they said that I had to provide a scanned copy of my parents income and evidence that I recieve EMA and as I don't have a scanner at home I have to wait till tomorrw so that I can scan it at school but I am worried that it will be past the deadline.

Oh. I need to get all the documents for Southampton ready and I think I have 4/5 weeks to send it off but am trying to do it A.S.A.P. School messing my predicted grades and reference off is not helping my UCAS neither.
Original post by Besakt
Oh. I need to get all the documents for Southampton ready and I think I have 4/5 weeks to send it off but am trying to do it A.S.A.P. School messing my predicted grades and reference off is not helping my UCAS neither.

Yeah me too I am going to send it off ASAP! But how do you knw whether your postcode falls into one of their category (can't remember what it was) I think it was one of the requirements in section A.
Reply 855
Yeah me too I am going to send it off ASAP! But how do you knw whether your postcode falls into one of their category (can't remember what it was) I think it was one of the requirements in section A.

Ring them/email them.
Original post by Aiboz
I haven't been on here in ages!! Can someone update me whats going on? I've applied to Nottingham and Southampton for the foundation year medicine courses. Have they started giving forms out or something? Thanks in advance

Hey! Yeah Nottingham send out a questionnaire which you have to fill in online and one which you have to do on paper. Southampton send out a form which you have to return in 4/5 weeks time
Original post by Besakt
Ring them/email them.

Oh ok will do.
Reply 858
Oh ok will do.

Where else did you apply?
Reply 859

For Nottingham, they said they would prefer you send two copies of your eligibility proof, because apparently they have to be in two places or something. I completed my online questionnaire last week, and still haven't got round to sending my documents by email yet, so i'm sure it doesn't need to be sent immediately. The questionnaire has to be completed within a week of signing in to it online. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest