The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2560
Hee Hee I got Openday Invitation E-mail from Imperial as well!!! but my friend says it means 99% of offer if you go to the open day. And I think most of the applicants till now got offers cus most of the early applicants are ones who also apply to Oxbridge, which means they are strong applicants... so maybe not everyone of later applicants might get invitation e-mail. anyway, fingers crossed everyone!! looking forward to see you guys in the open day ! I already went to Imperial openday in Summer, but I will definitely go this open day again !! > < my dream school Waiting for Cambridge's interview e-mail haha. Good night!!
Original post by hamina93
Thankss!! :biggrin:

why did you applied just 4 not 5 ??

I'm still not 100% sure of my fifth choice, so I've left it blank for now. There's a very high chance it'll be Bristol though :smile:

I still haven't got an open day invitation :cry: But it seems people age getting these invites at different times, so fingers crossed I get one soon...
Reply 2562
Original post by Beth1234
I'm still not 100% sure of my fifth choice, so I've left it blank for now. There's a very high chance it'll be Bristol though :smile:

I still haven't got an open day invitation :cry: But it seems people age getting these invites at different times, so fingers crossed I get one soon...

Oh I see. :O ... Fingers crossed !! I think you'll get the invitation e-mail soon :smile: BTW, which college did you applied for Cambridge?
Reply 2563
Original post by mpc1
Have all of you (group of 23rd open day invitees) got your UCAS track updated with conditions?

My UCAS haven't been updated yet, slightly worried! I wonder when the official offer would be coming.
Oh I see. :O ... Fingers crossed !! I think you'll get the invitation e-mail soon :smile: BTW, which college did you applied for Cambridge?

Magdalene college :smile: Yourself?
Reply 2565
Hee Hee I got Openday Invitation E-mail from Imperial as well!!! but my friend says it means 99% of offer if you go to the open day. And I think most of the applicants till now got offers cus most of the early applicants are ones who also apply to Oxbridge, which means they are strong applicants... so maybe not everyone of later applicants might get invitation e-mail. anyway, fingers crossed everyone!! looking forward to see you guys in the open day ! I already went to Imperial openday in Summer, but I will definitely go this open day again !! > < my dream school Waiting for Cambridge's interview e-mail haha. Good night!!

It seemed like a generic mail to all applicants. What can international invitees anyway do about this - they cannot go. Did not know it is sent to only the strong ones. (thought all received as mentioned in the below post)

Original post by jamesjiang
all of the applicants received that emails and i don"t think all of applicants can be give an offer ....so it is not necessary...???:colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:

You just want to compete with me. :biggrin: It's insane how competitive Bristol is. I would say that it no longer suffices to be predicted the standard offer to get an offer.
Reply 2567
Magdalene college :smile: Yourself?

Queens! XD
I haven't seen anyone who applied Queens. Do you know any?
Queens! XD

Deejay is (I believe)
Reply 2569
Queens! XD

me and someone else are.

did anyone by any chance recieve an email from warwick today
Reply 2570
Original post by deejayy
me and someone else are.

regarding?
Reply 2571
Original post by deejayy
me and someone else are.

Yes I did, it just says that STEP and AEA form part of the offer, and so does further maths. The degree is very competitive etc etc.
Reply 2572
Original post by fGDu
Yes I did, it just says that STEP and AEA form part of the offer, and so does further maths. The degree is very competitive etc etc.

Yeah, I was worried it was a, 'we've had a look at your application and decided we will wait till january to decide whether to let you in sort of thing'.
Original post by deejayy
me and someone else are.

Yeah I got this too... :s-smilie:
Original post by Edwin Okli
You just want to compete with me. :biggrin: It's insane how competitive Bristol is. I would say that it no longer suffices to be predicted the standard offer to get an offer.

Yay for competition! :colone:

Yeah, Bristol is really really competitive in terms of applicant:intake ratio... Still, its standard offer is rather low compared to COWI, and I imaging most people applying will be predicted the standard offer.
I can finally post in here without feeling like an imposter! My application was sent off today :biggrin:

Birmingham (G100)

Bath (G101)

Bristol
Durham
Nottingham (G103)

Does anyone know when these places are likely to start giving out offers (based on past years)/ if they have given out offers already?
Reply 2576
Original post by deejayy
me and someone else are.

"Your application is currently being considered. Please note that as our Mathematics degree programmes are among Warwick’s most popular courses, and attract an exceptionally large volume of applications, it may take a little time for us to confirm a decision through UCAS. However, please be assured that we will confirm a decision as soon as we are able to."

Not sure if that's a bad sign or not :s-smilie:
Original post by fGDu

Original post by deejayy
Yeah, I was worried it was a, 'we've had a look at your application and decided we will wait till january to decide whether to let you in sort of thing'.

I remember receiving this last year. Then got an offer about 2 weeks later. It's just their way of keeping in touch, I wouldn't worry about it. It's more likely that they haven't had a chance to look at your application properly and get through the formalities of making an offer yet.
Original post by deejayy
me and someone else are.

I got one. Hope I get an offer soon! :frown: 36 days since my application was processed.
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
I remember receiving this last year. Then got an offer about 2 weeks later. It's just their way of keeping in touch, I wouldn't worry about it. It's more likely that they haven't had a chance to look at your application properly and get through the formalities of making an offer yet.

Ah, that makes me feel a lot better :biggrin: As long as it doesn't mean I need to wait all the way to January...

Original post by anyone_can_fly
I got one. Hope I get an offer soon! :frown: 36 days since my application was processed.

Me too... though it's only been 20 days for me! :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest