The Student Room Group

Politics Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amk933
I'd go for Sheffield and Edinburgh.

But why don't you put LSE on that list as well? I assume your GCSE's are fine considering your A2 predictions. :smile:

my gcses were rubbish lol. i got good grades in humanities but a C in maths and LSE requires a B for international relations:mad:

it annoyed me for 5 minutes before i realised it was my fault i did crap in maths. :rolleyes:
Reply 21
I sent my application last Thursday, and I've applied to Bath (Politics and International Relations) and just Politics at Sheffield, Nottingham, Leicester and East Anglia. I have one offer so far from East Anglia.
Original post by IB_19
I sent my application last Thursday, and I've applied to Bath (Politics and International Relations) and just Politics at Sheffield, Nottingham, Leicester and East Anglia. I have one offer so far from East Anglia.

can I ask why you chose politics and not international relations?
Politics and history at Warwick, hopefully!
Reply 24
Original post by maxcartwright
can I ask why you chose politics and not international relations?

I really liked the look of both, but in the end I chose Politics as it looked more interesting for me. :smile:
Reply 25
Sending my application off at the end of this week, predicted grades A*A*A.
Applying for straight Politics at Durham, Exeter, Bristol, Birmingham and Politics/Parliamentary Studies at Leeds. Good luck with offers everyone!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Smuke
Newcastle? Southampton? UEA?

I was thinking maybe UEA, anyone been to the open day that could tell me if they liked it or not as its abit late for me to go now!
Newcastle is AAB-ABB and if I got an AAB offer it would be abit useless for my insurance so i dont really want to take the risk!
And southampton is AAB too :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 27
Anyone heard for straight politics from Durham, Bristol and York?

GCSE: A*A*A*A*AAAAAA
A2 Predictions: A* in History, A* in Politics, A in Philosophy and Ethics, A in Drama
Choices: Durham, Exeter, Bristol, York and Nottingham

So far had AAA back from Exeter, and AAB from Nottingham
Reply 28
Original post by Steevee
Well I'm apllying for various courses ranging between Politics, International relations and Modern History

Do you think putting books like The Prince and Leviathon in my personal statement is a bit useless? Bearing in mind they are viewed as more philosophical tomes, or are they relevant enough?

I definitely mentioned The Prince in my PS, and also other political philosophy writings. I'm applying for just straight politics across the board and I hope it pays off! I don't know about other courses, but Politics (SH) seem to be quite philosophically based so may be worth it! I guess you'll just have to try and link it to every course you're applying too.
Reply 29
any Nottingham/Birmingham/Leeds/Exeter/LSE offers?

also this useful everyone use it
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=34715657&highlight=
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by BDASH94
Anyone heard for straight politics from Durham, Bristol and York?

GCSE: A*A*A*A*AAAAAA
A2 Predictions: A* in History, A* in Politics, A in Philosophy and Ethics, A in Drama
Choices: Durham, Exeter, Bristol, York and Nottingham

So far had AAA back from Exeter, and AAB from Nottingham

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=34715657&highlight=
Reply 31
straight politics offer from nottingham last week.

Still waiting for LSE/Wwick/Bristol and TSA tomorrow for OXford
Reply 32
Anyone heard from Sussex or Birmingham for straight Politics or Lancaster for Politics w/ Study Abroad?

I've had offers from Sheffield (my firm) and Manchester.
I've applied for joint honours politics and history. Got offers from my two favourites Loughborough and Soton so now it's just choosing one of them :o:
I applied for

Nottingham : European Politics
Exeter : Politics & IR (Cornwall campus)
Loughborough : Politics with a minor
UEA: politics & Ir
Leicester : Politics

With predicted of ABB

I have already received an offer from Loughborough and Leicester

Has Anyone yet received and offer from Notts for Euro politics or Exeter (C) for Pol +IR?
Original post by Victoriiia:)
I applied for

Nottingham : European Politics
Exeter : Politics & IR (Cornwall campus)
Loughborough : Politics with a minor
UEA: politics & Ir
Leicester : Politics

With predicted of ABB

I have already received an offer from Loughborough and Leicester

Has Anyone yet received and offer from Notts for Euro politics or Exeter (C) for Pol +IR?

hi:biggrin: ive applied for exter IR but am confused about the campus. I dont want to be in cornwall, but when i clicked on campus on UCAS it just said main site? so i couldnt choose streatham:eek:
Original post by Gallois
Anyone heard from Sussex or Birmingham for straight Politics or Lancaster for Politics w/ Study Abroad?

I've had offers from Sheffield (my firm) and Manchester.

I got an offer from Sussex for Politics & Philosophy, so I think they must have started giving out straight Politics offers.
Original post by maxcartwright
hi:biggrin: ive applied for exter IR but am confused about the campus. I dont want to be in cornwall, but when i clicked on campus on UCAS it just said main site? so i couldnt choose streatham:eek:

Hey:smile: You can't do Pol+Ir in main campus, only Pol. But I emailed them and asked if you can transfer from Cornwall to Exeter Campus after year 1, and they replied you can usually. I was a bit worried moving somewhere so small - only 4000 students on campus so wanted to check I could transfer there for the worst case that i didn't like it! - hope that helps!

Where else have you applied? :smile:
Reply 38
Offer from Birmingham is in. Only waiting on Sussex now! Have offers from Sheffield, Manchester, Lancaster (w/ Study Abroad) and Birmingham :smile:
Original post by Gallois
Offer from Birmingham is in. Only waiting on Sussex now! Have offers from Sheffield, Manchester, Lancaster (w/ Study Abroad) and Birmingham :smile:

I'm only waiting on sussex too :grumble:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending