The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Original post by History-Student
It was alright, not the best episode but not the worst.

Which did you think was the worst?
Original post by facetious
Which did you think was the worst?

Wasn't a fan of the gorilla episode. Probably that one.
Reply 3382
I have an odd feeling that tells me that the picture of Simon & Alisha taken in Las Vegas is somewhat connected with Nathan being in Las Vegas. I think that they're both going to Las Vegas not only to have a fun time for themselves but also to look for Nathan. Has anyone else thought of this before?
Reply 3383
I just found out one of my friends from school is in the new series.

Absolutely amazing.

Need to catch up, quick.
Reply 3384
Dat ass...
Original post by hobo06

Original post by hobo06
Simon's and Alisha's powers are pretty good/useful (though you can't have been paying too much attention to not figure out Simon's, or at least take a good guess at it). Rudy's is, I assume, his original power, based on his personality (schizophrenic), as the other's first powers were.

Can you really imagine Kelly asking for a 'genius intellect'? It's more in her personality to walk in and say 'I wanna be a rocket scientist', shown more so by her lines in the episode ('Get off me you prick I'm a ****ing rocket scientist' being one of my favourite lines from the episode!)

As for Curtis, well what's the point in them all having 'cool' powers? This isn't Heroes or any typical superhero show. He explained why he has that power, and judging from the bits shown from episode 2, they've got a good story lined up based on his power, in true Misfits style. Plus morphing into animals has already been done, gorilla and werewolf pop into mind.

The others were one time characters so no point going into those. You're really missing the point of the show if this is your major complaint about it.

My thoughts: definitely approve of Rudy! At first I thought they were just trying to get his personality as close to Nathan's as possible, but he is actually quite different, with both personalities, whilst still keeping a lot of the humour Nathan would have provided.

I want to see what they do with Kelly's power, I hope they don't have her change it again, I think it'll be too much having too many changes, it would suggest they could just walk in and change their power whenever they like, to suit whatever they are doing at the time. I'm sure they'll have come up with some twist to actually make it useful for her.

What do people think the power the dealer is looking for is? My first thought was Nathan's immortality. But if it was sold to him by Nathan, then surely he would know where it would have gone after. My next theory is the probation worker - he's the longest living probation worker, there must be a reason for that, he must at least have a power (even if it isn't linked to what the dealer is looking for). But what could it be that is so great the dealer wants to get it? And how does he even know this power he is after exists?

And now I can go to bed satisfied that I am up to date.

The dealer was looking at a picture of him and some woman. Maybe she's dead and he's trying to find a power that brings people back to life? Because he said something along the lines of it having to be somewhere, so he's just assuming that power exists.
Original post by Luxray

Original post by Luxray
Ok seriously, why cant they have some cool powers. I dont know what Simon's is, but the rest have pretty lame ones - instead of rocket scientist, genius intellect?. Instead of changing sex, morphing into animals or anybody could have been better. Their previous powers were actually more cool.

Yeah but I think changing sex means he's going to try and go for the olympics or whatever as the girl.
What even is Misfits about?
Original post by Hopsin rapper
What even is Misfits about?

It's about 4 super heros who are made to do community service
Reply 3389
Original post by crazy penis
It's about 4 super heros who are made to do community service

5 (unless you're seeing Simon the same way the rest of the group and everyone else first did, being the reason for his original power, but that's not really relevant at season 3 :p:). And super 'heroes' probably isn't the right term. A group of young offenders who got powers from a freak storm.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3390
Original post by SHABANA
Yeah but I think changing sex means he's going to try and go for the olympics or whatever as the girl.

Have you read the synopsis for episode 2?
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/misfits/episode-guide/series-3/episode-2
Original post by G8D
They

Spoiler

the girl with the

Spoiler

:'(

yunghamz
Dat ass

(edited 12 years ago)

Watching it now. Given all the hype, it better be worth it.:colonhash:
Much as I adored Nathan, I definitely like Rudy. Misfits as a whole is now very different to how it was at the beginning of the first series, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lItCFahmJTE

Made my freaking evening. Ahahahahaha!

Am so glad Misfits is back.
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lItCFahmJTE

Made my freaking evening. Ahahahahaha!

Am so glad Misfits is back.

Her facial expressions :rofl:
Original post by hobo06
Rudy's is, I assume, his original power, based on his personality (schizophrenic), as the other's first powers were.

You might be confusing schizophrenia with multiple personality disorder/dissociative identity disorder. Completely different things.

I like Simon's power, the ability to see the consequence of each action which I guess will eventually allow him to perfect any action he takes.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
You might be confusing schizophrenia with multiple personality disorder/dissociative identity disorder. Completely different things.

I like Simon's power, the ability to see the consequence of each action which I guess will eventually allow him to perfect any action he takes.

Matrix-style kung fu will be the end result I imagine.
Reply 3398
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Yes I am. My bad
Original post by History-Student
Matrix-style kung fu will be the end result I imagine.

And maybe he'll figure out a way to escape his 'death'? :holmes:

Seeing you without a sub/username colour is weird, man. It's like an integral part of your TSR existence. A bit like hobo06's lack of avatar.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending