University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by flower269
Thanks, I would prefer medical genetics, but it's still in consideration...microbiology is my 'very back up'... but im happy anyway, its really good uni to study biosciences... is medical biochemistry your first choice?

My first choice is Natural Sciences at Cambridge... but Medical Biochem at Leicester is my second choice, and as Cambridge is so competitive... I'll probably be coming to Leicester :wink:

I know Leicester is ranked highly in Biosciences in league tables, do you know if there are any other sources/reasons why Leicester is good in Biosciences? My Mum's not convinced that Leicester is a very good Uni for my subject!
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 101
Original post by whotosee
My first choice is Natural Sciences at Cambridge... but Medical Biochem at Leicester is my second choice, and as Cambridge is so competitive... I'll probably be coming to Leicester :wink:

I know Leicester is ranked highly in Biosciences in league tables, do you know if there are any other sources/reasons why Leicester is good in Biosciences? My Mum's not convinced that Leicester is a very good Uni for my subject!

I've heard they have good lab, good teaching system and good links with wide range of companies. however, comparing to Cambridge its not so wonderful :smile:
what do you think about Leicester uni?
wish you luck with Cambridge application:smile:
Reply 102
Original post by Unconventional.
I have an offer for Law with French Law and Language. Anybody else applied for the same/similar course? :smile:

Yes, I have an offer for Law with French Law and Language too!

Did you receive a letter from the university or did it come up on ucas track? I received a letter but they haven't specified the grades required so I'm hoping it will turn up on track soon!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by g_me
Yes, I have an offer for Law with French Law and Language too!

Did you receive a letter from the university or did it come up on ucas track? I received a letter but they haven't specified the grades required so I'm hoping it will turn up on track soon!

Oh awesome! Congrats :biggrin: !

I got a letter, and I checked track the next day and it had come up too; my offer was AAA, including French of course. :smile:
Reply 104
Oh awesome! Congrats :biggrin: !

I got a letter, and I checked track the next day and it had come up too; my offer was AAA, including French of course. :smile:

ahh cool, well I'll just keep on checking! I might email/call them soon if it doesn't show up lol.

Have you applied to all Law with French courses or some straight law? I've applied to Exeter for the Maitrise; Cardiff, Birmingham and Leicester for Law with French and Cambridge for straight law :s-smilie: lool
Reply 105
I have an offer for Law with French Law and Language. Anybody else applied for the same/similar course? :smile:

I have an offer for straight law :smile:, congrats to you. Where else have you applied to?
Original post by g_me
ahh cool, well I'll just keep on checking! I might email/call them soon if it doesn't show up lol.

Have you applied to all Law with French courses or some straight law? I've applied to Exeter for the Maitrise; Cardiff, Birmingham and Leicester for Law with French and Cambridge for straight law :s-smilie: lool

Original post by madrid90
I have an offer for straight law :smile:, congrats to you. Where else have you applied to?

Congrats :smile:!

I have also applied to Liverpool (Law with French), Oxford (Law with French Law), Manchester (straight Law), and Durham (straight Law). How about the two of you?
Reply 107
cool,

Original post by g_me
I've applied to Exeter for the Maitrise; Cardiff, Birmingham and Leicester for Law with French and Cambridge for straight law :s-smilie: lool

Finally my offer has shown up on ucas! It's a conditional offer - AAA
Reply 108
Yay offer aab for managment studies, cheers leicester
Original post by wikiellie
Yesterday I received an offer of AAB to study History :biggrin: and considering that Leicester is potentially my first choice, I'm thrilled!

Congrats, i hope you get the grades you need to come here. I'm currently a first year History student at Leicester so if you want to know what its like just ask :smile:
Original post by Batmonkey
Congrats, i hope you get the grades you need to come here. I'm currently a first year History student at Leicester so if you want to know what its like just ask :smile:

Thank you! Leicester is one of my top priorities, so hopefully I will receive the grades to start next October! :smile:
Received my offer pack from Leicester today. Exciting - although they kind of imply that it is set that I am going there - when you move in/arrive.... we look forward to seeing you next october....!!
Bit ahead of themselves! But hey - it's nice to feel wanted!
Original post by mespannerhanz
Received my offer pack from Leicester today. Exciting - although they kind of imply that it is set that I am going there - when you move in/arrive.... we look forward to seeing you next october....!!
Bit ahead of themselves! But hey - it's nice to feel wanted!

Ditto, although the first thing on the letter after the offer stuff is how much money they'll be throwing at me... they know how to grab a student's attention :p:
Has anyone had any offers for the Politics with Economics course? x
got a BBB offer for Ancient history and Archaeology earlier today :smile:
Reply 115
hey guys, can anyone tell me something about transfers to other courses within the same department during the first few weeks?
cheers
Original post by flower269
hey guys, can anyone tell me something about transfers to other courses within the same department during the first few weeks?
cheers

a girl I live with changed from Chemistry with Forensic Science to straight Chemistry after a few weeks no problem.
Reply 117
Original post by Batmonkey
a girl I live with changed from Chemistry with Forensic Science to straight Chemistry after a few weeks no problem.

its good to hear that:smile: thanks
I'm probably stressing way too early at the moment, but I'm applying for medical genetics, recieved an acknowledgment but no offer yet, but my friend, who applied for biochem got an offer a couple of days after he applied. He applied a day after me, had one grade lower than me for his predicted grades, has slightly lower GCSEs and apparantly quite an average ps compared to mine (according to other people) and is right next to me in the alphabet.

He thinks I should be concerned that I haven't got an offer yet (Offers for biochem and med genetics are the same grades), because its been way over a week since he got his.

Should I be freaking out? I'm debeating emailing the addmissions dept but I don't know what I'd say...
Reply 119
Original post by medicinemm
I'm probably stressing way too early at the moment, but I'm applying for medical genetics, recieved an acknowledgment but no offer yet, but my friend, who applied for biochem got an offer a couple of days after he applied. He applied a day after me, had one grade lower than me for his predicted grades, has slightly lower GCSEs and apparantly quite an average ps compared to mine (according to other people) and is right next to me in the alphabet.

He thinks I should be concerned that I haven't got an offer yet (Offers for biochem and med genetics are the same grades), because its been way over a week since he got his.

Should I be freaking out? I'm debeating emailing the addmissions dept but I don't know what I'd say...

I dont get them...I got an offer from medical microbiology and rejection from medical genetics...as you said, the requirements are the same, and i got an offer for one of them, so i don't know why i was rejected from the other one. Thats where my question about transfers came from. I would really want to study genetics, microbiology was ma back-up. Do you think its all because of the competition or they just don't want give me 2 offers from the ssame department.

don't stress out, your'e not rejected yet, so you still have a chance to get in, what are your predictions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending