The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4680
Original post by MWM
Mind If I ask you your GCSE's, AS's and A2's ?

I think people should post rejections from top places as it helps others to get a good idea of their chances of being rejected/given and offer, it's not exactly shameful to be rejected from a top 5, even with good grades.

Tateco, that LSE reject with 11 A*'s, does he go to your school ? Is he an international applicant ?

I saw him in the Cambridge thread, not sure if he's international. 5 As at AS and 4 A2s as well :s-smilie:
Reply 4681
Original post by lordvulture
haha good idea :P

When did you send your application off by the way?
Reply 4682
nah full A*s (11) at GCSE, 5A* prediction at A2 (maths, further, physics, chem and economics), and averaging 98% at AS modules - I didn't mention that in UCAS, but my tutor mentioned it in reference.

:eek:

Can safely say I don't regret foregoing LSE for Nottingham!
Original post by zxh800
When did you send your application off by the way?

early october, good luck to you if you applied for maths and econ and not rejected yet ! :P
So has anyone had offers from LSE? It seems odd that they're rejecting such good candidates so early :confused: most unis only give out offers around this period
Original post by Tateco

haha yea nottingham is a lot safer... I completely underestimated LSE, thought it was gonna be easy :frown: what a confidence damper!
Original post by Tateco

Can safely say I'll be expecting a rejection letter sometime soon! :tongue:
Reply 4687
early october, good luck to you if you applied for maths and econ and not rejected yet ! :P

Yup, I'm a Maths and Econ applicant (Pure everywhere else). However, I applied on the oxbridge deadline (Oct 15th) so I guess I can expect my rejection in a couple of weeks time :frown:
Reply 4688
Original post by Pancakeman123
So has anyone had offers from LSE? It seems odd that they're rejecting such good candidates so early :confused: most unis only give out offers around this period

i guess because lse gets so many applicants (like an unbelievably high number) they are looking to reject the applicants they are sure they wont want first, before actually proceeding to offer places.

its so frustrating! but there is nothing we can do :P
Reply 4689
nah full A*s (11) at GCSE, 5A* prediction at A2 (maths, further, physics, chem and economics), and averaging 98% at AS modules - I didn't mention that in UCAS, but my tutor mentioned it in reference.

Just wondering, where else have you applied, and have you had any offers back?
Original post by jacky23
Just wondering, where else have you applied, and have you had any offers back?

cambridge, lse, warwick, ucl all for straight economics, got an A*aab from warwick, still waiting to hear from lse, ucl and obviously cambridge. It really hurt your confidence when your 3rd choice rejects you :frown:
Reply 4691
cambridge, lse, warwick, ucl all for straight economics, got an A*aab from warwick, still waiting to hear from lse, ucl and obviously cambridge. It really hurt your confidence when your 3rd choice rejects you :frown:

So you applied to both Pure Econ and Maths and Econ at LSE?
Original post by zxh800
Yup, I'm a Maths and Econ applicant (Pure everywhere else). However, I applied on the oxbridge deadline (Oct 15th) so I guess I can expect my rejection in a couple of weeks time :frown:

yea mine got sent off a few weeks before the deadline, but you have a good chance if you haven't been rejected yet! what are the other universities you applied for? did you go for straight econ too at lse??
Reply 4693

aw damn im really sorry! you have amazing grades, and dont forge that!
btw what college for cambridge?
Original post by Nadine10
aw damn im really sorry! you have amazing grades, and dont forge that!
btw what college for cambridge?

homerton, hope its not yours ;P
Reply 4695
Original post by jamiepango
Can safely say I'll be expecting a rejection letter sometime soon! :tongue:

You applied to LSE?
Reply 4696
homerton, hope its not yours ;P

hahahah its not, i applied for caius. i wish you all the best! and with those glowing grades you will get a great place that you deserve!
Original post by Tateco
You applied to LSE?

Sadly, yes....
Original post by Nadine10
hahahah its not, i applied for caius. i wish you all the best! and with those glowing grades you will get a great place that you deserve!

haha i thought about caius too, good statistical rate and not too far off from centre :P good luck in your interview :smile:
Reply 4699
Original post by jamiepango
Sadly, yes....

You never know, they might see something amazing in your personal statement :smile: I'm feeling the same way about UCL :s-smilie: