The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4700
Original post by lordvulture
haha i thought about caius too, good statistical rate and not too far off from centre :P good luck in your interview :smile:

haha i see that someone else to my approach to picking a college! thanks! have you had any offers so far?
Original post by Nadine10
haha i see that someone else to my approach to picking a college! thanks! have you had any offers so far?

yea from Warwick A*AAB, not really planning to go though, unless i get all rejections from my american unis
Reply 4702
yea from Warwick A*AAB, not really planning to go though, unless i get all rejections from my american unis

Which ones?
Reply 4703

i applied to warwick, but i havent heard from them yet so i am getting a bit worried. i have an offer from bristol tho :smile:
Original post by Tateco
Which ones?

early action for stanford... MIT, Harvard, columbia, princeton and maybe a few others if i have time to do those silly admission essays!
Reply 4705
early action for stanford... MIT, Harvard, columbia, princeton and maybe a few others if i have time to do those silly admission essays!

Nice, good luck :u: What are the annual fees for them?
I have a friend who was rejected by LSE for maths with econ, and he had full marks in AS maths and 197/200 in econ. I think he was let down by his HKCEE results but I still feel this is stupidly ridiculous...
well im guessing the maths & econ get alot off people who's personal statement aren't tailored enough towards Maths, don't forget its handled by the Maths department
Original post by Tateco
You never know, they might see something amazing in your personal statement :smile: I'm feeling the same way about UCL :s-smilie:

At least UCL will see your amazing UMS scores :biggrin:
nah full A*s (11) at GCSE, 5A* prediction at A2 (maths, further, physics, chem and economics), and averaging 98% at AS modules - I didn't mention that in UCAS, but my tutor mentioned it in reference.

My goodness!!!

Who does get in then? Why didn't you apply for straight Economics? You could have chose your modules in a way that you basically end up with a M&E degree :frown:
Original post by theharrovian
I have a friend who was rejected by LSE for maths with econ, and he had full marks in AS maths and 197/200 in econ. I think he was let down by his HKCEE results but I still feel this is stupidly ridiculous...

oo u from harrow??
Original post by WalkerPrince
My goodness!!!

Who does get in then? Why didn't you apply for straight Economics? You could have chose your modules in a way that you basically end up with a M&E degree :frown:

I dont understand why everyones in shock horror, the guy was unlucky yes

but everyone on tsr has a preconception that perfect ums and gcses are everything!

It shows the admission tutors arent instantaneously wowed and fixated on amazing ums and the importance of your personal statement.. I mean he even said he barely touched on Maths and Maths & Econ is in the Maths department :rolleyes:

if they wanted perfect a-levels the entry requirement would be like 3A* which most people seem to get predicted, IMO unis are looking for people who'll have a passion for the subject and would actually want to study it for 3 or more years

sorry, rant over
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm almost 100% sure UCL will reject me for their 4 YEAR Economics course. I wish I applied to UCL twice, really do.

Tommorow could be good news for some.... Best of luck.
Original post by funkydee

but everyone on tsr has a preconception that perfect ums and gcses are everything! It shows the admission tutors arent instantaneously wowed by amazing ums and the importance of your personal statement.. I mean he even said he barely touched on Maths and Maths & Econ is in the Maths department :rolleyes:

I see your point. But you'd think at least they'd hang on to that application? Odd. But yes, I see your point.
Reply 4714
Original post by WalkerPrince
I'm almost 100% sure UCL will reject me for their 4 YEAR Economics course. I wish I applied to UCL twice, really do.

Tommorow could be good news for some.... Best of luck.

You think UCL will send offers tomorrow?
oo u from harrow??

yes. and yes, i regret choosing the username i chose.
Original post by Tateco
Nice, good luck :u: What are the annual fees for them?

thanks :P something like 30-40k for a whole year including living costs etc... but im not british, so doesn't make a difference for me whether i stay in the uk or go aboard :smile:
Original post by theharrovian
yes. and yes, i regret choosing the username i chose.

haha u good friends with clement woo or takihiro?
how do people know that UCL decisions are coming tomorrow??
Original post by funkydee

but everyone on tsr has a preconception that perfect ums and gcses are everything!

It shows the admission tutors arent instantaneously wowed and fixated on amazing ums and the importance of your personal statement.. I mean he even said he barely touched on Maths and Maths & Econ is in the Maths department :rolleyes:

if they wanted perfect a-levels the entry requirement would be like 3A* which most people seem to get predicted, IMO unis are looking for people who'll have a passion for the subject and would actually want to study it for 3 or more years

sorry, rant over

you would think lse would want to interview some candidates if they really want to see your passion... but yea, i got rejected by lse and im asian, shame on me lol

Latest

Trending

Trending