The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I was talking about LSE, apologies for confusion.
Original post by funkydee
how do people know that UCL decisions are coming tomorrow??

lol thats a blatant false rumour
Reply 4722
Original post by WalkerPrince
I'm almost 100% sure UCL will reject me for their 4 YEAR Economics course. I wish I applied to UCL twice, really do.

Tommorow could be good news for some.... Best of luck.

If you apply to UCL twice you automatically get rejected from the most competitive one and get considered for the least competitive one.
Original post by lordvulture
you would think lse would want to interview some candidates if they really want to see your passion... but yea, i got rejected by lse and im asian, shame on me lol

I can't understand why some departments don't interview, espiecally for courses with such small intake (M&E, E&ME). Personal Statements can say a lot, but surely interviewing a shortlist wouldn't be too time-consuming/worthless. Nothing we can do though.
anyone know when lse give out offers for straight economics??
Original post by Tateco
If you apply to UCL twice you automatically get rejected from the most competitive one and get considered for the least competitive one.

Really? I didn't know that.

There is someone on this forum who may be very upset with that relevation, if it is accurate. Problem is if you don't make the cut for the most competitive course, they don't consider you for the less competitive course!
Reply 4726
I can't understand why some departments don't interview, espiecally for courses with such small intake (M&E, E&ME). Personal Statements can say a lot, but surely interviewing a shortlist wouldn't be too time-consuming/worthless. Nothing we can do though.

Would only take a day or two...
I think i may just stop coming on tsr for awhile, until i get an offer/rejection...

Ive managed to cut down logging on to track once a week :O
Reply 4728
Really? I didn't know that.

There is someone on this forum who may be very upset with that relevation, if it is accurate. Problem is if you don't make the cut for the most competitive course, they don't consider you for the less competitive course!

I thought it was obvious? If you apply to both you are obviously happy to go to both (otherwise you wouldn't apply), so why would they give up a spot of your more competitive course when you can give them one of the less competitive course?
Reply 4729
Original post by funkydee
I think i may just stop coming on tsr for awhile, until i get an offer/rejection...

Ive managed to cut down logging on to track once a week :O

Why are people worried about logging on track? It only takes 30 seconds :redface:
Original post by Tateco
Would only take a day or two...

I guess they are sensitive to the high number of international applicants, and perhaps don't want to put them off. We've seen some of the issues with interviews and international applicants in the Cambridge thread here...

Though that shouldn't be too much of a hurdle.
Reply 4731
yea mine got sent off a few weeks before the deadline, but you have a good chance if you haven't been rejected yet! what are the other universities you applied for? did you go for straight econ too at lse??

Nah just Maths and Econ at LSE. Pure at Cambridge (Churchill), UCL, Warwick and Notts.
GCSE - 6A* 4A's

AS Level - Biology A, Geography A, History A, Chemistry B

A level predictions , Biology A, Geography A*, History A, Chemistry A

Applied to Leeds BSC economics.
Original post by Tateco
I thought it was obvious? If you apply to both you are obviously happy to go to both (otherwise you wouldn't apply), so why would they give up a spot of your more competitive course when you can give them one of the less competitive course?

mm not so, because you might not be willing to go to the less competitive course if another school with your first choice subject gives you an offer (ie. you are using the less competitive course as a backup, so if you deserve to be given a place, they probably won't risk losing a good candidate)

I asked lse about this and they said I can get 2,1 or 0 offers depending on my application, having said that, i did get rejected by maths and econ, although thank god its my back up. (havent been rejected by econ yet)

haha u good friends with clement woo or takihiro?

i am indeed very good friends with clement woo, in fact he's in the same room as i am. are you frank lam?
(edited 12 years ago)
anyone know when lse give out offers for straight economics??

Back in my day they started coming through in mid-to-late November. But that was a long time ago (4 years! :eek:) now.
Original post by fdot5
So, why am I at -2 reputation for this post?

You got those grades and you can't work it out? Then again maybe that's part of the explanation. :tongue:
Reply 4737
Currently watching Money As Debt.
Reply 4738
Original post by fdot5
So, why am I at -2 reputation for this post?

Others are jealous.
Reply 4739
Lord vulture, Do you live in the UK ?
I am thinking of applying to American Uni's too but I just don't know where to start, any advice ?

Latest

Trending

Trending