The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants (2012 entry)

Scroll to see replies

ahh I'm sending mine off tomorrow, hope I get some offers! I'm applying for psychology this year too, was just wondering, because I'm unsure about one of my choices (Lincoln) should I change it to Newcastle? Lincoln was kind of a backup because of the lower entry requirements, but I'd much rather go to Newcastle... shall I keep the safe option or change it? replies would be much appreciated, haha :smile:
Reply 361
Original post by roonil_wazlib
ahh I'm sending mine off tomorrow, hope I get some offers! I'm applying for psychology this year too, was just wondering, because I'm unsure about one of my choices (Lincoln) should I change it to Newcastle? Lincoln was kind of a backup because of the lower entry requirements, but I'd much rather go to Newcastle... shall I keep the safe option or change it? replies would be much appreciated, haha :smile:

You should stick to the safe choice just incase
Reply 362
Original post by roonil_wazlib

Its good to have a safe option on there, just in case you completely balls up your a-levels... but on the other hand there is absolutely no point in having a choice that you don't want to go to... so take that into consideration too XD
Original post by ladyinvgoue
Hey guys, how many of you have psychology-related work experience which you put into your PS? I was meant to do mine this half term, but that failed so now I'm quite conscious of not having any... :frown:

i had no work experience directly relevant to psychology, and i have got 3 offers in the last week!! so don't worry about it!
as long as you have experience working with people, to talk about in an interview, it should be fine :smile:
Original post by fnm
Yeah of course. You have to remember though, often postgrad is hard to get onto, as there are so many else who want to do it-and is there a job at the end of it?
I saw the unis you applied to, and they're all pretty good-I was going to go to a similar level uni. However, I definitely didn't have the drive you seem to have...I couldn't cope with the idea of not wanting to do postgrad then failing to get a job. I think I saw you post about getting onto the msci at b'ham? That would be an good opportunity imo.

I'm just saying if you ever do have second thoughts about psy, don't worry. You can change course at unis quite easily (in mine and many other's experience).

just out of curiosity, what course did you change to?
Reply 365
People who got offers from Birmingham- when did you send off your UCAS form??
I mau have said this on this thread at some point already, can't remember, but I'm currently in my second year of a Psychology degree at bath so if anyone applying here has any qs then I can try to answer them :smile:
Reply 367
Original post by kat1912
People who got offers from Birmingham- when did you send off your UCAS form??

5th October.
Reply 368
Original post by emillie

Original post by emillie
5th October.

Ah ok cool- I've applied to Birmingham too but sent off my UCAS on like the 14th Oct or something.
Can I ask- what were your predicted grades and gcse results? And did you apply for the straight BSc course?
Original post by yaymeg
I've applied to Cambridge (a very long shot but I decided to see what happens), Bath, Birmingham (for the MSci), Manchester and Cardiff. I've only got an offer from Manc so far but hopefully *fingers crossed* i'll get a couple more, manc will be a good insurance if i do get more.

What are your predictions?

A, A, A...
Reply 370
Original post by kat1912
Ah ok cool- I've applied to Birmingham too but sent off my UCAS on like the 14th Oct or something.
Can I ask- what were your predicted grades and gcse results? And did you apply for the straight BSc course?

My predicted grades are A*A*A, my GCSE results were 10 A*'s and 1A and my AS's were AAAA. And yeah, I applied for the straight Bsc course. I wanted to do the one with the MSci but I don't do A level maths.
My application has just been returned - my school wants me to put in the very negative AS Maths grade which I specifically left out in order for the impression not be worsened by it. I am resittinga module in Spetmber in hope that the grade will go up - and that was meant to be my AS grade! Guys, I'm panicking!! :'(
Another Q:

Do you think the job you get out after this degree, is achievable without a degree?
Reply 373
A, A, A...

then you should get an offer from warwick, you've got the grades XD
Original post by DontJudge
Another Q:

Do you think the job you get out after this degree, is achievable without a degree?

It literally is not. You need BPS accreditation
Original post by yaymeg
then you should get an offer from warwick, you've got the grades XD

Unfortunately I also have a D in AS Maths - and frankly, I think that will turn off the universities - not just Warwick - a lot. :eek:
Original post by punctuation
It literally is not. You need BPS accreditation

I mean in the sense that, jobs are very difficult to attain,so you may just become a market research person.

Is this not gain worthy without a degree? And through apprenticeship?
Reply 377
My application has just been returned - my school wants me to put in the very negative AS Maths grade which I specifically left out in order for the impression not be worsened by it. I am resittinga module in Spetmber in hope that the grade will go up - and that was meant to be my AS grade! Guys, I'm panicking!! :'(

Nothing you can really do about it, you must include all qualifications good or bad, or your application may not even be considered or something. :/
Original post by Mmrawrr
Nothing you can really do about it, you must include all qualifications good or bad, or your application may not even be considered or something. :/

Amended it... :frown:
Original post by Zahra..
University: University of Sussex
Course Name: Psychology C800
Predicted Grades: AAB
Offer: AAB
Reaction: AHHHHH SOO HAPPY!!!! :biggrin:

hey, congrats! Sussex is my first choice but I haven't heard back yet so I was wondering if you could tell me when you sent your ucas off and which A levels you are taking? Thanks! :smile: really happy for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest