The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2740
Original post by gwenllian94
I haven't heard from Lancaster and Bristol yet for the Mathematics and Statistics BSc course. Has anyone heard from them yet? I applied 4 weeks ago

I believe Bristol begins to give out offers after 15th Jan to ensure everything is fair. Don't quote me on that.

Not sure about Lancaster...

Aahhhhh same!! I've heard from 2 (which are G100 Maths Bsc) and I've got an interview next week with Manchester which is the maths and stats degree :smile:

ah. i've applied for ucl and warwick maths and stats, so that probably explains why i haven't heard anything yet
Reply 2742
Original post by jameswhughes
Bristol replied in late January last year, you may have to wait a while. :tongue:

Sorry to interrupt but are you currently studying at Warwick? If so, how are you finding it? :cool:
Original post by Femto

Original post by Femto
Sorry to interrupt but are you currently studying at Warwick? If so, how are you finding it? :cool:

It's really good, October was amazing :biggrin:

However there is a lot of work, a massive leap from school and A-Levels, if you come here expect to do a lot of maths! :lol:
Reply 2744

However there is a lot of work, a massive leap from school and A-Levels, if you come here expect to do a lot of maths! :lol:

I have a friend there who's a second year maths undergraduate at Warwick and he told me about the massive amounts of work! Hehe :wink:

That's good you enjoyed it though.

Do you know roughly the number of applicants Warwick takes in every year for G103? Having hard time finding this info on their website.

Without sounding like a dick, how much work do you do on average like a night? I mean I only have two offers and I'm already struggling to pick between Warwick and UCL =[.
Original post by snow leopard
Do you know roughly the number of applicants Warwick takes in every year for G103? Having hard time finding this info on their website.

It doesn't matter, they take in even if they over subscribe and they give offers to anyone with AAB predictions. But chances are they'll never oversubscribe if they use STEP.
Anyone heard from Kings?
Reply 2749
Original post by maths134
Without sounding like a dick, how much work do you do on average like a night? I mean I only have two offers and I'm already struggling to pick between Warwick and UCL =[.

..........did you say only two
I got none.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
But chances are they'll never oversubscribe if they use STEP.

Apart from that time in 2010 where they oversubscribed by 100 or so students... :p:
Reply 2751
Original post by maths134

I'm at UCL and spend about 12 hours a week doing homework and a little extra on reading.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mpc1
Goodluck - it will!!

By the way, do you also see the text "see also letter sent from institution". Is this under conditions section? Is this also a condition then?? Do you know what it is, will it come by post later or does it have more conditions?

i've no idea. but i'm surprised i don't need to take IELTS as my GCSE (or wtv abv.) english score is b3 and english is not my native language. UCL, Kings and ICL all 3 didnt state english requirements...
Reply 2753
Original post by quest_5692
i've no idea. but i'm surprised i don't need to take IELTS as my GCSE (or wtv abv.) english score is b3 and english is not my native language. UCL, Kings and ICL all 3 didnt state english requirements...

You should be happy that they have not asked for the english requirement. good. Have you taken SAT/ACT? May be due to those scores, they did not want further english evidences.

So, do you see that text " see also letter from institution"?
(edited 12 years ago)
Yep, so definite letter from UCL's admissions team came through today - A*AA with A*A in Maths/Further Maths (order doesn't seem to matter according to it - but I already have the A* in Maths so never mind ^_^) and compulsory introductory day. Nice to finally see it officially rather than the recommendation from the maths department!
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
Apart from that time in 2010 where they oversubscribed by 100 or so students... :p:

LOL, true that. That's the year they raised it right?
Original post by new123
By post? Was the above not already mentioned in track?

Yes, by post. For some reason my track is refusing to update as yet! The letter does, however, mention that they have sent notice of the offer to UCAS so it should be done soon.
Original post by officeface
Yep, so definite letter from UCL's admissions team came through today - A*AA with A*A in Maths/Further Maths (order doesn't seem to matter according to it - but I already have the A* in Maths so never mind ^_^) and compulsory introductory day. Nice to finally see it officially rather than the recommendation from the maths department!

hey, when did you receive the first letter about going to the introductory day and be recommended bla bla bla?
Original post by mpc1
You should be happy that they have not asked for the english requirement. good. Have you taken SAT/ACT? May be due to those scores, they did not want further english evidences.

So, do you see that text " see also letter from institution"?

yes i saw the text but indicates nothing and no i just took my SAT hours ago.
Reply 2759
Original post by officeface

I am in a similar position. Going to open day in this month. BUt track not updated yet. Also have not got the official offer letter yet, just the open day invitation.

Latest