The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8740
Original post by ViceVersa
I think TSR is mostly a good thing tbh :smile: and I dunno if that will help the most but its what I'm doin haha :smile:

And thanks I might take you up on that offer one day (could be tomorrow...who knows :dontknow:)

Yeah I swim a lot but I haven't been swimming or running in ages, I've just been eating unhealthily lol. I should stop that.

I dunno, eating always makes me feel better :colondollar: (Watches as you slowly form a mental image of what I possibly will look like)
I think TSR is mostly a good thing tbh :smile: and I dunno if that will help the most but its what I'm doin haha :smile:

And thanks I might take you up on that offer one day (could be tomorrow...who knows :dontknow:)

Yeah I swim a lot but I haven't been swimming or running in ages, I've just been eating unhealthily lol. I should stop that.

Ahh in that case you don't really need to avoid TSR. :p: I find TSR depressing because people with awesome UKCAT scores claim they failed it, people with good GCSEs claim they're not good enough for med school etc.

Go for it whenever you want. :smile:

If you have time, try taking them up again. I'm eating unhealthily too lol, but healthy food is better and all that... you know it all already :p:
Original post by Vulpes
I dunno, eating always makes me feel better :colondollar: (Watches as you slowly form a mental image of what I possibly will look like)

Me too. And I've been down a lot lately. So guess what I've been doing lol?

Omg that is so freaky that you said that, because that's exactly what i was imagining:colondollar:
Original post by Parle à ma main
Ahh in that case you don't really need to avoid TSR. :p: I find TSR depressing because people with awesome UKCAT scores claim they failed it, people with good GCSEs claim they're not good enough for med school etc.

Go for it whenever you want. :smile:

If you have time, try taking them up again. I'm eating unhealthily too lol, but healthy food is better and all that... you know it all already :p:

I see your point about TSR, in that sense, when I don't feel good enough for medicine, going on here depresses me. But that isn't what this problem is so that's why it isn't atm.

I'm glad peope are cheering me up/giving advice so thanks guys :smile:

I will try eat unhealthily AND take swimming and running up again haha :tongue:
Reply 8743
Original post by laurie:)
got an offer for natural sciences at nottingham :smile:

hopefully not the only offer i'll get this year :tongue:

my friend turned to me after chemistry and said 'did you get any of sir's questions right today?' LOL chemistry is killing me.

Snap! I have a Msci natural science offer at nottingham, and applied to St andrews (manchester) for medicine :biggrin: Good luck to you and hope we get all offers!
Reply 8744
Original post by Ergo
Snap! I have a Msci natural science offer at nottingham, and applied to St andrews (manchester) for medicine :biggrin: Good luck to you and hope we get all offers!

Congrats!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Ergo

ahh i only applied for the BSc :tongue:

I see your point about TSR, in that sense, when I don't feel good enough for medicine, going on here depresses me. But that isn't what this problem is so that's why it isn't atm.

I'm glad peope are cheering me up/giving advice so thanks guys :smile:

I will try eat unhealthily AND take swimming and running up again haha :tongue:

Ah right, fair enough. So it's not just medicine stuff depressing you, it's a build up of other things too? :hugs:

If funny Youtube videos with adorable babies/kittens/puppies cheer you up, I have a wealth of them, btw. :teehee:
Original post by stephie.u3
we.will.be.doctors. :h:

THIS IS THE RIGHT ATTITUDE. If you want it enough, you'll make it happen!
Original post by Vulpes

Oh my :lol:

If funny Youtube videos with adorable babies/kittens/puppies cheer you up, I have a wealth of them, btw. :teehee:

Hahaha :rofl: I think someone has a bit too much spare time :wink:
going shopping to take my mind off applications :tongue: cant be doing this every time i'm stressed, but i guess its better than chewing my lip to shreds. plus, i'm in need of wreckable clothes for my field trip :smile:

and am gonna pop into sainsburies and see what kind of tea they have, im ADDICTED :biggrin:

CHIN UP EVERYBODY, WE WILL GET IN SOMEWHERE!! :biggrin:
Ah right, fair enough. So it's not just medicine stuff depressing you, it's a build up of other things too? :hugs:

No its other stuff too :\ and lool nah I'm ok for now.
Original post by manic_fuzz

Hahaha :rofl: I think someone has a bit too much spare time :wink:

I'm not going to deny it. I sometimes wonder how acceptable it is to spend your Friday night watching newborn babies and animals trying to speak. :rofl:
No its other stuff too :\ and lool nah I'm ok for now.

Ah right, fair enough. :frown: Well, the PM offer is there if you ever want to. I hope you feel better soon and that you get buried underneath offers :hugs:
Original post by Vulpes
:console: Where did you apply? There are tons of places which don't place a large emphasis on the UKCAT.

Well for UKCAT uni's i applied for
Kings COllege london 6 year course... and Southampton 6 year course...
Original post by laurie:)
going shopping to take my mind off applications :tongue:

shopping solves all problems :sexface:

I'm not going to deny it. I sometimes wonder how acceptable it is to spend your Friday night watching newborn babies and animals trying to speak. :rofl:

:lol: Ooh well, it's definitely somewhat odd, but that's not necessarily a bad thing :wink:
Ah right, fair enough. :frown: Well, the PM offer is there if you ever want to. I hope you feel better soon and that you get buried underneath offers :hugs:

Aww thank you so much. I +rep you :smile:
Keep going everyone, don't give up now ! :smile:
Nope, thee's no way I'm giving up. I am full of positivity this evening :smile:
Reply 8758
Shopping in Belfast the day before the MTV awards are due to be held there does take your mind off things a bit...
So worried about everything. , sad and worried over unis. Ahhh :\

Nope, thee's no way I'm giving up. I am full of positivity this evening :smile:

I know I'm like a day behind with this but I am the EXACT same (although I didn't take the bmat so it'd be weird if I was worried over that lol) I have so many ups and downs when it comes to medicine and this is my second time applying so I've had loadsssssssssssss :P But I've always have more good days than not and in the end I always come back to medicine :smile:

And tbh it helped me! Like I'd have a bad day and then come on here and get more depressed but then I'd use it to revise harder cause I'd want to prove everyone wrong! (This particularly came in useful when I got my rejections last year)

And when things get really bad, go have a cookie and watch a film, always helps :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending