The Student Room Group

Reaction to life without parole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfKBQ-RmEb4

The reaction of two girls in their early 20's sentenced to life without the possibility of parole. As the judge passes sentence they both collapse, while in prison uniforms, handcuffed with ankle chains, clearly unable to make a run for it. Both of them start howling and crying, their family are hysterical, one of the mothers is crying and screaming and is dragged out, another family member takes longer to be removed. Both girls are then placed in chairs and wheeled out to begin life without parole.

First time I've ever really thought about it, but you can tell by the emotion from the girls and their family it's clearly quite distressing for them, usually you get the image of a stone faced convict who doesn't seem bothered, but these two really were. I wonder if this was going through their heads:

They'll never be able to have a family of their own
They'll spend 23 hours locked up in a cell for the rest of their life
Disgusting cheap American prison food for ethernity (no McDonalds/KFC/fast food)
No possibility of an appeal
They'll never be able to have sex with a guy again
No chance of a family of their own
Possiblity of being attacked or killed in prison for the rest of their life
The unimagineable boredom from having no entertainment (no TV's, PS3, computers or internet)
Never able to be with your family, even at their funerals

I'd be pissed too!

Scroll to see replies

This made me pleased. The crime was awful beyond belife.
Reply 2
If you cant do the time, dont do the crime.........

EDIT: Didnt watch the video but after reading what others have posted about the crime they committed, well they deserve it!!!.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Should have thought about that before killing a child. Dumb bitches.
Reply 4
Original post by 122025278

First time I've ever really thought about it, but you can tell by the emotion from the girls and their family it's clearly quite distressing for them, !

Bet it's quite distressing to have your three year old child beaten and killed too.

They got what they deserved
Justice is sweet.
Reply 6
Erika Mae Butts and Shanita Latrice Cunningham, both 25, each received a life sentence from a Charleston judge on Thursday, two years to the day after 3-year-old Serenity Richardson died while in their care.
"They beat her repeatedly both with a belt and with plastic coat hangers. You can see the outlines of the strikes on this child's body. There is not one area of this child's body that was unharmed except for the soles of her feet."
"The explanation they gave (for the beatings) was that Serenity had a potty accident," Gordon said.
When Serenity became unresponsive on November 3, 2009, "they put bleach under her nose and they put ice on her to try to revive her,"

Source

Those woman deserve life in jail.
(edited 12 years ago)
Isn't it sad how our system would hand them benefits, rights to vote and free things for life plus compensation after 10 years behind bars if they did the crime here?

I love US justice when its goes against the scum. Its not 100% but when it hits you bet your ass its going to be a full-on kick in the balls.
Reply 8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfKBQ-RmEb4

The reaction of two girls in their early 20's sentenced to life without the possibility of parole. As the judge passes sentence they both collapse, while in prison uniforms, handcuffed with ankle chains, clearly unable to make a run for it. Both of them start howling and crying, their family are hysterical, one of the mothers is crying and screaming and is dragged out, another family member takes longer to be removed. Both girls are then placed in chairs and wheeled out to begin life without parole.

First time I've ever really thought about it, but you can tell by the emotion from the girls and their family it's clearly quite distressing for them, usually you get the image of a stone faced convict who doesn't seem bothered, but these two really were. I wonder if this was going through their heads:

They'll never be able to have a family of their own
They'll spend 23 hours locked up in a cell for the rest of their life
Disgusting cheap American prison food for ethernity (no McDonalds/KFC/fast food)
No possibility of an appeal
They'll never be able to have sex with a guy again
No chance of a family of their own
Possiblity of being attacked or killed in prison for the rest of their life
The unimagineable boredom from having no entertainment (no TV's, PS3, computers or internet)
Never able to be with your family, even at their funerals

I'd be pissed too!

They killed a three-year-old through abuse - they got what they deserved.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Erica should have got up.
What sentence were they expecting? You'd think they would have mentally prepared to be in prison for life whilst waiting for trial. They got what they deserved, I don't know how anybody could hurt a child like that. Hideous people.
Reply 11
Next time we'll see them will be when they are wheeled out in a casket. Justice is sweet.
****ing scum. Who cares if they can't have sex or play PS3 how ****ing random, if they committed a petty crime yes but how can you even contemplate that bull****.
Reply 13
that sounded quite good. fookin babykillers
Reply 14
Original post by Einheri
They killed a three-year-old through sheer negligence and lack of caring - they got what they deserved.

Why are you telling me what I already know? lol
Reply 15
Haha. Stupid *****.
Reply 16
Why are you telling me what I already know? lol

Your OP seemed rather sympathetic towards them.
Reply 17
good, they deserve to be locked away for life without parole after what they did to the poor girl.

also the op saying they would be thinking about the fact they cant have a family and kids in future and all that, seeing as they brutally beat and murdered a 3 year old then they are probably pissed/upset about being locked up for the rest of their life, but i doubt they thought of the whole not having a family/kids/nice food at that moment, plus they are really not the type that should be allowed to have kids or be anywhere near them again anyway.
Reply 18
Original post by Einheri
Your OP seemed rather sympathetic towards them.

If you read any of my posts on this site you'd realise I'm rather conservative and have long advocated life sentences especially for mindless violence such as someone being killed on a night out.

My OP is more of an analysis of their reaction than anything else, I never mentioned an opinion on their sentence. The fact that most people "take it like a man" and these two didn't, was interesting.
This was very easy to masturbate to.

Justice is a massive turn on.

Latest

Trending

Trending