The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8760
Gonna mix mentos and 2 litres of coke later tonight. Way to take your mind off stuff! :biggrin:
Reply 8761
Original post by Vulpes
Gonna mix mentos and 2 litres of coke later tonight. Way to take your mind off stuff! :biggrin:

Mix it then sit on it. :redface:
Original post by ViceVersa
Aww thank you so much. I +rep you :smile:

Awww, thank you :smile: Glad you're feeling positive today! :biggrin:
Original post by Vulpes

I tried that once and sweet f.a happened. I was bitterly disappointed. :p:

Video it and show us what happens if it's successful!
Original post by Quackers93
I know I'm like a day behind with this but I am the EXACT same (although I didn't take the bmat so it'd be weird if I was worried over that lol) I have so many ups and downs when it comes to medicine and this is my second time applying so I've had loadsssssssssssss :P But I've always have more good days than not and in the end I always come back to medicine :smile:

And tbh it helped me! Like I'd have a bad day and then come on here and get more depressed but then I'd use it to revise harder cause I'd want to prove everyone wrong! (This particularly came in useful when I got my rejections last year)

And when things get really bad, go have a cookie and watch a film, always helps :wink:

Aww thanks for that :smile: and I'm so glad there's someone that can relate to how I've been feeling :smile:
Original post by Parle à ma main
Awww, thank you :smile: Glad you're feeling positive today! :biggrin:

I am too actually :smile: hopefully it'll last for long :tongue:
Original post by ViceVersa
Aww thanks for that :smile: and I'm so glad there's someone that can relate to how I've been feeling :smile:

It might sound a bit backwards, but (now that I have no revision to do) I'll actually look through prospectuses and look at things that I could do instead and that sometimes helps me realise that I'm being silly :tongue:

Even if you don't get in this year, a gap year is not the end of the world by any means. I thought it would be, but I think it's actually put me in a much better stance for applying and tbh I think I'm a lot happier having a year at home to grow up a bit... and learn how to cook - not sure if I'd have coped on purely coco-pop and beans on toast :tongue:
It might sound a bit backwards, but (now that I have no revision to do) I'll actually look through prospectuses and look at things that I could do instead and that sometimes helps me realise that I'm being silly :tongue:

Even if you don't get in this year, a gap year is not the end of the world by any means. I thought it would be, but I think it's actually put me in a much better stance for applying and tbh I think I'm a lot happier having a year at home to grow up a bit... and learn how to cook - not sure if I'd have coped on purely coco-pop and beans on toast :tongue:

i wanted to learn how to cook this year, that reminded me.

im so terrible at cooking, literally so so bad
Original post by atomos
i wanted to learn how to cook this year, that reminded me.

im so terrible at cooking, literally so so bad

Can you:
Burn Pizza?
Burn beans?
Explode a pot of custard in a microwave and burn the remainder that you can eat?
Manage to make a cup of tea taste burnt?
AND cremate a potato waffle?

If so, you are as bad as me :biggrin:
Can you:
Burn Pizza?
Burn beans?
Explode a pot of custard in a microwave and burn the remainder that you can eat?
Manage to make a cup of tea taste burnt?
AND cremate a potato waffle?

If so, you are as bad as me :biggrin:

i have burnt soup on more than one occasion.
the other day i burnt pizza and some foamy tray it was on which i thought it was meant to stay on so that melted to my burny pizza.

in one day, i managed to burn chocolate and melt a plastic bowl in the microwave(school boy error i know) thus setting off the smoke alarm and smelt SO bad , then i decided okay ill have icing and wheetabix, but dropped the plate on the floor and it smashed...so in the end had to have some bread, which mum found in the fridge when she came home (idk why i put it there)

i have murdered potato waffles, chips, wedges, potato football things many a time because i put them in the oven, go upstairs, forget, come down stairs and am like ....oops
Original post by atomos
i have burnt soup on more than one occasion.
the other day i burnt pizza and some foamy tray it was on which i thought it was meant to stay on so that melted to my burny pizza.

in one day, i managed to burn chocolate and melt a plastic bowl in the microwave(school boy error i know) thus setting off the smoke alarm and smelt SO bad , then i decided okay ill have icing and wheetabix, but dropped the plate on the floor and it smashed...so in the end had to have some bread, which mum found in the fridge when she came home (idk why i put it there)

i have murdered potato waffles, chips, wedges, potato football things many a time because i put them in the oven, go upstairs, forget, come down stairs and am like ....oops

Hmmm I deem ye a worthy competitor :top: Icing and wheetabix... together? I thought I was the only weird one with my pizza and icing (thinking about it mine might be more wierd... i think) Hmmm I could murder a bowl of butter icing :sogood:

I went to melt chocolate in a microwave before in a metal bowl :facepalm: But to be fair to me, I was helping out at my old primary school and the teacher told me to do it! So realllly it's not my fault :wink: Luckily someone else was there and stopped it before the microwave exploded haha

I love how we're taking over the hopefuls thread and the reapps thread :wink: lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Hmmm I deem ye a worthy competitor :top: Icing and wheetabix... together? I thought I was the only weird one with my pizza and icing (thinking about it mine might be more wierd... i think) Hmmm I could murder a bowl of butter icing :sogood:

I went to melt chocolate in a microwave before in a metal bowl :facepalm: But to be fair to me, I was helping out at my old primary school and the teacher told me to do it! So realllly it's not my fault :wink: Luckily someone else was there and stopped it before the microwave exploded haha

I love how we're taking over the hopefuls thread and the reapps thread :wink: lol

yes, i never got to find out if it tasted good though, it ended up on the floor :facepalm: icing and digestives though, omg :sogood:
but yes, icing and pizza is defs weirder :tongue:

haha reading that i was like ....is that not allowed... then i rememberd, microwaves + metal = no

i am a hopeful reapplicant, as are you, therefore it is perfectly fine :colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by atomos
yes, i never got to find out if it tasted good though, it ended up on the floor :facepalm: icing and digestives though, omg :sogood:
but yes, icing and pizza is defs weirder :tongue:

haha reading that i was like ....is that not allowed... then i rememberd, microwaves + metal = no

i am a hopeful reapplicant, as are you, therefore it is perfectly fine :colone:

Yes, yes, YES!!! I recently re-discovered the wonder chocolate digestives: It was love at first bite! Biscuits and custard: match made in heaven!

Were you too traumatised to re-create this interesting creation? D:

I didn't even know that microwave and metal was a bad mix - until that fateful day when the crack in the microwave appeared :tongue:

This is very true :smile: Reapplicant determination ftw!
(edited 12 years ago)
Yes, yes, YES!!! I recently re-discovered the wonder chocolate digestives: It was love at first bite! Biscuits and custard: match made in heaven!

Were you too traumatised to re-create this interesting creation? D:

I didn't even know that microwave and metal was a bad mix - until that fateful day when the crack in the microwave appeared :tongue:

This is very true :smile: Reapplicant determination ftw!

mmm. with chocolate digestives i am very ocd, have to bite off a little bit from either side so its a bit concave (yes i did just use concave to describe a biscuit) so i dont get chocolate on my fingers, then lick all the chocolate off :colone:

and haha no, we just haven't ever had weetabix since :frown:

1-2-reapp crew!

edit: however custard is disgusting bleeerghhhh
Original post by atomos
mmm. with chocolate digestives i am very ocd, have to bite off a little bit from either side so its a bit concave (yes i did just use concave to describe a biscuit) so i dont get chocolate on my fingers, then lick all the chocolate off :colone:

and haha no, we just haven't ever had weetabix since :frown:

1-2-reapp crew! :thumbsup:

edit: however custard is disgusting bleeerghhhh

lmao snap! Minimises the mess plus it means theres more chocolate because it's not on your hand :smile: I applaud your use of biology terminology! Very good considering the mushy-brain-syndrome

D: How could do say such a thing! Chocolate custard and biscuits are lush! Custard and cake! Custard and *insert-a-food-that-pairs-with-custard-well*! I've not fancied trying strawberry custard yet. Strawberries just don't seem to fit with custard in my opinion
Reply 8775
Original post by Parle à ma main
I tried that once and sweet f.a happened. I was bitterly disappointed. :p:

Video it and show us what happens if it's successful!

Depends on what you call successful. It shot up ~ 1m but that was it. We put excess mentos too... Americans probably have a different chemical balance in their diet cokes.
lmao snap! Minimises the mess plus it means theres more chocolate because it's not on your hand :smile: I applaud your use of biology terminology! Very good considering the mushy-brain-syndrome

D: How could do say such a thing! Chocolate custard and biscuits are lush! Custard and cake! Custard and *insert-a-food-that-pairs-with-custard-well*! I've not fancied trying strawberry custard yet. Strawberries just don't seem to fit with custard in my opinion

not gonna lie, was totally proud of my word choice :colondollar:

nooooo, custard is just horrible eugh even the thought of it makes me shudder :nooo:
Original post by Vulpes
Depends on what you call successful. It shot up ~ 1m but that was it. We put excess mentos too... Americans probably have a different chemical balance in their diet cokes.

Me and my friends thought we'd try putting skittles in it cause we didn't have any mentos. It reacted about as much if you'd put some sugar in it which was disappointing but it did taste incredibly nice! :smile:
I seem to detect some negative vibes for BSMS on this forum. Is there a reason for that?

Yeah you're totally right haha :smile: I've actually thought about what I might do in my gap year :rolleyes: and I know it'll be nice to be home for one more year to be with my younger sister (not my parents haha) and learn how to cook more foods, because I only know how to cook like five things. It's so important (cooking) isn't it :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending