The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scott129
How much should a replica jersey be selling for? Got my eye on a McFadden jersey that's going for £25. Seems too good to be true.

£25 seems very good. I got my McFadden jersey when on holiday in America and I think that was about $55 so closer to £35.

NFL shop sells them for $85, what a rip off.
How much should a replica jersey be selling for? Got my eye on a McFadden jersey that's going for £25. Seems too good to be true.

Got mine almost 2 years ago for about 40 quid.
Reply 2942
Original post by OxfordGoBrach
Well, if you won the conference championship you would end up in the Superbowl representing the AFC or NFC, so he's right.

Ah my mistake, I scan-read it and saw 'To win the superbowl' My bad.
Original post by Barden
anyone reckon its worth putting some money on the lions winning the superbowl? or getting to the final at least?

As a Lions fan I'd say it isn't. I think we'll make the playoffs but i doubt that we'll get much further than the wildcard round. Too many holes in the team to be truely competative; in particualar the running game and the O-line. I can't think of a SB winning side who hasn't been able to run to football at all (or, at least, one not QB'd by Manning) and I think that'll stay the rule. A good pass rushing team will also get after Stafford with the way our pass protection is going...

Who thought that Tebow would play by the way. He's cack-I've never seen worse footwork. Even Dan Ovolosky was better!
At least Tebow can win a game. Matt Moore and Chad Henne couldn't. Our QB situation since Marino left has been dire (excluding one Chad Pennington season). It's been 11 years now.

Good for the Lions though, they've never had a great time of it as a franchise, so I hope they do well with Stafford.
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm 27 - 21 across my leagues currently. My only aim is to finish with a winning record.
Good luck to all those playing BUAFL games tomorrow, and commiserations to the NTU guys who just got spacked by the Lions...
Original post by Hedgeman49
Good luck to all those playing BUAFL games tomorrow, and commiserations to the NTU guys who just got spacked by the Lions...

Cheers man. Game against Derby tomorrow.
Cheers man. Game against Derby tomorrow.

Hope you beat them, everyone hates Derby!

We have Swansea away, about 2.5 hours each way on the coach so not really ideal.
Original post by Hedgeman49
Hope you beat them, everyone hates Derby!

We have Swansea away, about 2.5 hours each way on the coach so not really ideal.

Yeah, don't think I'll get much game time though. Coach said he wants to keep the inexperienced players off the field as much as possible because Derby are so vicious and the 2nd and 3rd years "know how to handle it". Last time we played them, 6 of our players ended up in hospital :eek:

If you win though, the long coach ride will be well worth it :wink:
Yeah, don't think I'll get much game time though. Coach said he wants to keep the inexperienced players off the field as much as possible because Derby are so vicious and the 2nd and 3rd years "know how to handle it". Last time we played them, 6 of our players ended up in hospital :eek:

If you win though, the long coach ride will be well worth it :wink:

haha, Im guessing what some uni players lack in skill over here, they make up for it with aggression and dirtiness?
Original post by fudgesundae
haha, Im guessing what some uni players lack in skill over here, they make up for it with aggression and dirtiness?

Perhaps but I think it's more the mentality of "do whatever you must to win" being drilled into them by their coach or whatever. Even if it means eye gouging.
Perhaps but I think it's more the mentality of "do whatever you must to win" being drilled into them by their coach or whatever. Even if it means eye gouging.

haha, sounds pretty bad
Reply 2953
Miami won. GTFO.
UH Sharks 30-0 Lancaster Bombers :wink: Woo f**k yes
Not sure how I feel about this Dolphins win. It really happened because Kansas' pass rush has been poor this year (excluding Hali) so Moore had ages to throw. We might win against Washington but I'm not sure I see another win after that. The Colts lost again and to be honest the way it's going they could well go 0-16. So as well as sucking, it looks like we're set to miss out on Luck.
Reading ran over Solent :biggrin:
Derby Braves 48 - 6 Staffordshire Stallions. Got absolutely trashed mainly because their special teams were so ****ing good giving them short fields and us long fields. 2 more players in hospital as well (bruised rib and dislocated shoulder) amongst many personal foul and unnecessary roughness penalties.
Reply 2958
Phillip Rivers, kindly please stop throwing interceptions please.

I'm gonna say something unpopular. Green Bay won't win the SB.
(edited 12 years ago)
fml.

Latest