The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blahblah772
THIS IS THE RIGHT ATTITUDE. If you want it enough, you'll make it happen!

precisely, i have a bloody strong application apart from my grades, but i am not letting that hold me back...i've made so many changes and am doing everything i can. i honestly dont care how long it takes, i'll get there, i know it :h:
Reply 8781
Original post by stephie.u3
precisely, i have a bloody strong application apart from my grades, but i am not letting that hold me back...i've made so many changes and am doing everything i can. i honestly dont care how long it takes, i'll get there, i know it :h:

:yep:
Original post by Vulpes
Depends on what you call successful. It shot up ~ 1m but that was it. We put excess mentos too... Americans probably have a different chemical balance in their diet cokes.

I tried that once and sweet f.a happened. I was bitterly disappointed.

Video it and show us what happens if it's successful!

Thought you two might appreciate this video. It's pretty cool. :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6u9WJ01Oxs
Reply 8783
Original post by CocaineSquirrel

:facepalm: Only put in half a pack of mentos...
Original post by Vulpes
Depends on what you call successful. It shot up ~ 1m but that was it. We put excess mentos too... Americans probably have a different chemical balance in their diet cokes.

Ah well, better than 0 metres I guess. Pesky Americans, giving us the crappy diet coke. :p:

Original post by CocaineSquirrel

That is so cool! I'm going to try the mentos-coke experiment again, I'm inspired. The slow-mo bit is hilarious.
Eid Mubarak to anyone celebrating it! :smile:
Reply 8786
Original post by Parle à ma main
Eid Mubarak to anyone celebrating it! :smile:

Aww thanks man!!
Right back at you!!
Original post by abdkam
Aww thanks man!!
Right back at you!!

Thankssss. :biggrin:

What you been doing to celebrate?
Reply 8788
Thankssss. :biggrin:

What you been doing to celebrate?

umm well been to family's houses ... the usual.. stuffed food..
got a few presents i.e. money :biggrin:
umm now just chilling with family
and some people are coming over in the eveninng

Wha about you??? :smile:
Mmm, not meaning to be a party pooper but this thread is for discussing Medical Entry 2012.
Just saying.
Original post by abdkam
umm well been to family's houses ... the usual.. stuffed food..
got a few presents i.e. money :biggrin:
umm now just chilling with family
and some people are coming over in the eveninng

Wha about you??? :smile:

Pretty much the same, happy tiiimes :smile:

Original post by PrismaticCore
Mmm, not meaning to be a party pooper but this thread is for discussing Medical Entry 2012.
Just saying.

But it's a chat thread + it's not stayed strictly on topic thus far, has it?

When Xmas comes we'll all be excited about that too :awesome:
Pretty much the same, happy tiiimes :smile:

But it's a chat thread + it's not stayed strictly on topic thus far, has it?

When Xmas comes we'll all be excited about that too :awesome:

I'm sorry but just because it's not 'stayed on topic' doesn't mean you should just carry on the trend.
This thread is in the Medicine forum for a reason; it's for medical applicants who are applying for Medicine 2012 to discuss the application and whatnot.

Now if you want general chit-chat, I'm pretty damn sure you'll find a thread for that too.
And your Xmas argument doesn't really support your point...
I'm sorry but just because it's not 'stayed on topic' doesn't mean you should just carry on the trend.
This thread is in the Medicine forum for a reason; it's for medical applicants who are applying for Medicine 2012 to discuss the application and whatnot.

Now if you want general chit-chat, I'm pretty damn sure you'll find a thread for that too.

Neither is this a "tell others off for deviating from the topic" thread. It's only 4/5 posts, don't tell me you're that pedantic.

we've chatted about all sorts, because its our chat thread. sure, we talk about medicine applications but if you can only talk about that it gets a bit gloomy and downbeat.

if you think we're spamming the CHAT thread with our not on topic stuff, tell a medicine forum mod, don't moan at us.
on a separate note, my parents are taking my brothers and i to nandos tonight :awesome:

love me some chicken :coma:

:dontknow: There's threads for stalking, threads for interviews, threads for specific unis. So I think this thread is meant to be more chilled.

I wasn't especially searching for chitchat, but how else would I wish people a happy eid on here other than by saying it? And then it was just... natural progression? :p:

I meant in case you felt it was getting religiously dominated or something. I'm not trying to make any "point", I just think this thread would not be so fun, and you wouldn't be able to get to know members and trust them/make friends etc if it was strictly on topic at all times. :smile:

The irony is that it's now gone even more off topic, so I won't reply to you after this cos this is just unnecessary really. :p:
Original post by laurie:)
on a separate note, my parents are taking my brothers and i to nandos tonight :awesome:

love me some chicken :coma:

NANDOS. :sexface: You have style.

I fear that once I get to uni I will live in Nandos and become bankrupt after two weeks hehe.
Just saying.

Scrooge :colonhash:
NANDOS. :sexface: You have style.

I fear that once I get to uni I will live in Nandos and become bankrupt after two weeks hehe.

:coma:

nandos + dominos :biggrin:

whenever i went to visit a uni i'd look to see if the place had at least one of those :tongue:
Thank you, guys, btw, I was getting worried that I'd annoyed all you lovely people. :colondollar: