The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fluteflute
It does worry me a little... although this thread is quite fulfilling sometimes.

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. But that would turn into a chat thread too :tongue: It's just one person on this thread, but there were a couple of other people who posted on twitter that they had interviews.

You've done well to leave us for a bit. But welcome back to the dark side (:party:)

No, I mean something like this from last year. :smile:

It's not that I leave you, I just hate not being able to keep up! :frown:
Reply 4321
Even if they called me by real name, it would still be awkward...

you know greggy on the last series of beauty and the geek? hahahahaha
Original post by Planar
When I was 14, I used to take William Shirer's history of Nazi Germany to school to read. I almost entirely read about weapons and aspects of the camps :colone:

Such a cool kid you were :smile: just kidding, I was the kid in the library at lunch times, looking at books whilst everyone else ran around like crazy outside. :work:

Original post by Planar

He might have been from Mayo(might have been Kerry though). A horse? You make him sound like a messiah, when really he was a massive ****(tied nationalism and Catholicism - will never forgive him). I said that in the nineteenth century, Parnell was better than O'Connell

Just checked, he was born in County Wicklow :smile: I actually don't know hardly anything about Parnell, I certainly didn't know he tied nationalism and Catholicism.

Original post by Planar
Yeah I did. I just went up to the Famine. They're going to think I like nationalism, and they're going to try talking to me about it! They're also going to think I'm some sort of paddy lol

What's a "paddy"? :colondollar:
Original post by anyone_can_fly

It then proceeded into

Look at me! I have an offer

then to Oxford Freshers :smile:

Haha, thanks for posting that link to that thread! I had fun going through looking for people at Exeter - I spotted three I know, not counting myself.

Crazy that my post in there was less than a year ago! Seems like another universe or something.
Original post by Brand New Eyes
It then proceeded into

Look at me! I have an offer

then to Oxford Freshers :smile:

I read your post too quickly and I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU GOT AN OFFER

and I was really shocked ajgshj sfhdfhgjfg

That's a very good idea! We can probably wait a few weeks to start that one though.

Original post by _becca
you know greggy on the last series of beauty and the geek? hahahahaha
No :confused:
Again, in my defence! You're all back at school, and I don't double quote :biggrin:

that is true :smile: Although surely they'd just call you by your real name...? And I doubt people would bring that awkward moment on themselves.

I really like Avril Lavigne if it helps :h:

and thanks :macarena:

Even if they called me by real name, it would still be awkward...

I organized a meetup with Sherlock fans from tumblr. 20 people showed up and at the beginning I was just saying:

"Who are you?"

"I'm [blah]"

"... okay. What's your URL?"

"[blah]"

"OHHHHHH. HI!!!"

:giggle:

But after a bit of talking and nametags I brought we learned each other's real names
Original post by punctuation
I read your post too quickly and I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU GOT AN OFFER

and I was really shocked ajgshj sfhdfhgjfg

Aww Jules

@dragonmeister first interview invite 26th :O

latest = 2nd december
Reply 4329
Original post by Niki_girl
Such a cool kid you were :smile: just kidding, I was the kid in the library at lunch times, looking at books whilst everyone else ran around like crazy outside. :work:

I was probably outside lol

Just checked, he was born in County Wicklow :smile: I actually don't know hardly anything about Parnell, I certainly didn't know he tied nationalism and Catholicism.

Err no that was O'Connell... no one else in my history class seemed too bothered by that, but I really resent it. I go against the stereotype, so that's why I always remember it, and plenty of other people don't

What's a "paddy"? :colondollar:

Just a slur for Irish people, like "paki" for Pakistanis, only not considered as derogatory as that particular one
(edited 12 years ago)
That's a very good idea! We can probably wait a few weeks to start that one though.

But someone already HAS an offer. We need to start it now! :mad:

Or my stalking powers won't have any safe outlets.
I'm reading the 2010 interview thread...

it's exciting to see people who are at oxford now back then... but it's also sad to see people who aren't at Oxford now, presumably because they didn't get an offer :emo:
Reply 4332

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ONLRLZwkc&feature=related <3
Original post by punctuation
I'm reading the 2010 interview thread...

it's exciting to see people who are at oxford now back then... but it's also sad to see people who aren't at Oxford now, presumably because they didn't get an offer :emo:

:frown: I'll be so depressed... Lol jk I'll be really happy for you all etc.

Anyway, I have a hot date with my history textbook about the downfall of Louis XVI and the constitutional monarchy :s If I re-appear please tell me to go and finish it.

:bye:
Anyway, I have a hot date with my history textbook about the downfall of Louis XVI and the constitutional monarchy :s If I re-appear please tell me to go and finish it.

Ooo, don't let this thread stop you and your history book getting to 3rd base :sexface:
:frown: I'll be so depressed... Lol jk I'll be really happy for you all etc.

I don't even know what you're talking about but that sounds amazing :tongue: I loved the French Revolution at AS, definitely one of my favourite topics in history! I remember those questions like "How far was the collapse of the constitutional monarchy due to the role of Louis XVI?" and then I said about his indecisiveness and unpopularity combined with the failure of political reforms...

Ok, I'll leave you to do your work now, and I should really do mine :colondollar:
Original post by Niki_girl
x

It's source work for A2 now :frown: not the cwk bit the exam on argh!

It's on the war with Austria and his failings after the flight to Varenne etc. French rev is pretty lulz though gots to admit.

Original post by manic_fuzz
Ooo, don't let this thread stop you and your history book getting to 3rd base :sexface:

:no: :no: :no:
I may be mad/strange/etc, but I do have limits... :cool:
Reply 4338
I may be mad/strange/etc, but I do have limits... :cool:

Albeit long overcome. VINCIBLE LIMITS DON'T COUNT!!
:no: :no: :no:

You can't deny the inevitable :colone:

Latest

Trending

Trending