The Student Room Group

Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! Food Crimes we Cannot Abide!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
When I did a week's work experience in a primary school in france, the little kids thought England was part of france...

seriously? How?
Original post by Nightstar-27
seriously? How?

Probably pretty easily, Napoleon thought that too. :cool:
Steak with no pink in it.

WHAT IS THE POINT?!?!?!
Reply 723
Original post by buchanan700
Steak with no pink in it.

WHAT IS THE POINT?!?!?!

What!

Reply 724
Food Crime:

Saying you've bought "Chicken" and presenting "Chicken Roll" (The circular processed chicken-esque meat that's like 89 percent water or something)...

OR TURKEY HAM.

WHAT EVEN IS TURKEY HAM JESUS CHRIST
Reply 725
Original post by TotoMimo

WHAT EVEN IS TURKEY HAM JESUS CHRIST

Turkey ham is REVOLTING, my mum used to give me it EVERY DAY in my pack lunches as a kid, until I became old enough to make my own and had cheese almost every day instead :biggrin:

I believe it is supposed to be "turkey that is cooked to taste like ham"
Now that I eat ham I can say it tastes nothing like ham :| A food crime indeed!
Reply 726
Original post by nadiah
Turkey ham is REVOLTING, my mum used to give me it EVERY DAY in my pack lunches as a kid, until I became old enough to make my own and had cheese almost every day instead :biggrin:

I believe it is supposed to be "turkey that is cooked to taste like ham"
Now that I eat ham I can say it tastes nothing like ham :| A food crime indeed!

I had this debate before. I was like, "Is turkey ham fake ham made of turkey, or some kind of turkey-and-ham reformed concoction of the two?" as I discovered it contained quite a low percentage of turkey. So I simply assumed it had to be composed of ham, too. Well, no. It's just made of a little bit of turkey, a crapload of chemicals, water and some kind of weird agents that make it appear to gel together into viable "cooked meat" format.

Needless to say regardless of the outcome, Turkey Ham is an abomination.

And can anyone remember the advert where the woman eats like a huge folded wad of Turkey Ham and looks like she's in utter bliss?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU WUMMAN!
getting a delicious pasta meal and then DROWNING IT IN PARMESAN. I like parmesan, but seriously? Why not just eat the slab on it's own?

also, when people spit out food because 'they don't like it' and then retch/pull a face/etc. Instant rage.
Reply 728
Original post by daniiibrains
getting a delicious pasta meal and then DROWNING IT IN PARMESAN. I like parmesan, but seriously? Why not just eat the slab on it's own?

also, when people spit out food because 'they don't like it' and then retch/pull a face/etc. Instant rage.

This is annoying when people are doing it because they're just being overdramatic, but I know with me if I REALLY don't like something I start retching entirely involuntarily and spit it out. It's horrible, but I can't help it :/
Putting ketchup on rice, yuck!
Marmite.
Reply 731
Original post by Kathiye
This is annoying when people are doing it because they're just being overdramatic, but I know with me if I REALLY don't like something I start retching entirely involuntarily and spit it out. It's horrible, but I can't help it :/

If you genuinely can't stand something, spit it into your hand etc, that's not so bad; I'd far rather you did THAT than not try it at all and say "I hate it." The fact you tried it is enough for respect from me.

It's the ones that say "I hate all fish. I hate all veg" when they just outright refuse to try it - now THAT is a crime.
If you genuinely can't stand something, spit it into your hand etc, that's not so bad; I'd far rather you did THAT than not try it at all and say "I hate it." The fact you tried it is enough for respect from me.

It's the ones that say "I hate all fish. I hate all veg" when they just outright refuse to try it - now THAT is a crime.

My friend "hates all fish" - so I was like, all of them, really? They all taste so different. So she was like "no seriously, I will never ever ever eat ANY type of fish. Or seafood. Or anything containing fish. I wont/don't like it." Oh, which fish have you tried?
"er....none."

or "I hate all meat".

Yes, there are people who are veggie for purely this reason and nothing else
Original post by dnumberwang
or "I hate all meat".

Does it matter though? I mean, if they don't want to eat meat - because they have decided they don't like the taste, or the texture etc - does it really matter? :confused:

Fair enough that 'I hate all meat' is a generalised statement and the likelihood is that they haven't tried all meats to make that judgement. But, if they have decided not to eat it, why does that bother anyone else? :smile:
Original post by affinity89
Does it matter though? I mean, if they don't want to eat meat - because they have decided they don't like the taste, or the texture etc - does it really matter? :confused:

Fair enough that 'I hate all meat' is a generalised statement and the likelihood is that they haven't tried all meats to make that judgement. But, if they have decided not to eat it, why does that bother anyone else? :smile:

See the post I quoted.
Reply 736
Original post by dnumberwang
or "I hate all meat".

I hear ya.

"I hate all Seafood".

Oh, really? What an absurd concept. ALL... SEA FOOD?

Would you balk if I mentioned I hated... All Landfood?

Consider quite HOW MUCH that consists of. Then think of how much more of the earth is covered in water than land.

Yeah. ALL SEAFOOD. Pah!
Reply 737
I hate the people who go on Come Dine With Me and spend the whole time listing off all the foods they DON'T like. "Don't eat veg, don't eat fish, can't STAND prawns, can't have spicy food (by which they mean anything spicier than a Korma)..." and they sit there at the table with this disgusted look on their face the whole time, like they're being force-fed a kangaroo testicle on I'm a Celebrity...
What are you doing going on food programme? Did you think it was called 'Come And Eat a McDonalds Happy Meal With Me'?
Reply 738
Hahaha, I agree with the Come Dine With Me thing, flo, although I understand why they do it (they're obviously chosen for the greatest TV conflict/entertainment value) but it simultaneously winds me up.

See back in the beginning of that show, it was far more of a cooking show, with Dave Lamb actually narrating on the cookery. Now it's like some kind of cooking panto with the wildest, wackiest bunch of people they could find, and sarky-comment-a-palooza from Davey Lamb!
Reply 739
Another food crime:

Why yeah, we ARE playing Halo on my Xbox with my brand new controllers. What's that you've got there? A bag of chippy chips?

*grabs controller whilst licking fingers, controllers becomes a plasticky salt-grease-saliva-fest*

Quick Reply

Latest