The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brionyak
oh you beast! you're making me hungry. going to raid the fridge now

sooooo goooooood :coma:

special treat from the parents mind you, havent eaten out in ages! :awesome:
Reply 8821
I'm really tempted to buy a new phone so I can constantly check my email.

But I just can't bring myself to depart from my old nokia 6300, I think I have developed feelings for it.
Original post by laurie:)
chicken breast wrap with chips and coleslaw, fresh lemonade and white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake :coma:

godilovenandos :coma: :coma: :coma:

Sounds good, but it's not quite a good ol' roast dinner :colone:
Reply 8823
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
It'll depend on your cup but basically if you fill your average cup/mug with pasta and cook that then that's enough for one portion (find it slightly less than I need tbh..)
Then if you use the same cup, half that amount is the amount of rice you need for one portion :yy:

So yeah, measure out the pasta in the cup/mug. Have your water boiling.. pour pasta into boiling water.. cook said pasta :awesome:

Once my parents were out and my brother said he wanted spagetti. I boiled about half a pack before realising there was nothing in the house for any kind of sauce. I didn't have the heart to serve him plain spagetti, so ended up stir frying it and splashed on some soy sauce. My dad said afterwards it was like nothing he had ever tasted before :teehee:
Original post by Besakt

But I just can't bring myself to depart from my old nokia 6300, I think I have developed feelings for it.

Same! except i hate my damn stupid phone, its useless and sometimes i just feel like stamping on it!

Original post by Normandy114
Sounds good, but it's not quite a good ol' roast dinner :colone:

i have a sunday roast every sunday, its good to have a little change once in a while :smile:

although i have to admit, roast beef, potatoes, yorkshire puddings, carrots, peas and gravy, with apple crumble and custard for afters is the most epic meal you could ever have :coma:
Reply 8825
Original post by Besakt

It might be a good thing to restrict yourself a bit... I find myself checking hotmail about 8 times during the school day.
Reply 8826
It'll depend on your cup but basically if you fill your average cup/mug with pasta and cook that then that's enough for one portion (find it slightly less than I need tbh..)
Then if you use the same cup, half that amount is the amount of rice you need for one portion :yy:

So yeah, measure out the pasta in the cup/mug. Have your water boiling.. pour pasta into boiling water.. cook said pasta :awesome:

1 cup is 240ml.
0.5 cup 120ml.
0.3333...cup 80ml.
0.25 cup 60ml.
0.125 cup 30 ml.

I am very accurate when it comes to measuring food. :redface:
Original post by cz100
It might be a good thing to restrict yourself a bit... I find myself checking hotmail about 8 times during the school day.

The wonders of the iPhone :smile:
Original post by Besakt
1 cup is 240ml.
0.5 cup 120ml.
0.3333...cup 80ml.
0.25 cup 60ml.
0.125 cup 30 ml.

I have actual measuring cups for this. Makes it nice and easy :smile:
Reply 8829
Original post by ChangedMyMind
The wonders of the iPhone :smile:

I've got a samsung, but they both do the job :tongue:
Some of my friends with Blackberries had a frustrating few days when the network was down.
Reply 8830
Original post by ChangedMyMind
I have actual measuring cups for this. Makes it nice and easy :smile:

Same. Although the 1 cup one has broken a bit. My family thinks I'm insane with the precision I measure things with for example I fill the cup with protein powder then use a ruler to get rid of the heap at the top and level it off so it is exactly one cup.
Reply 8831
Original post by cz100

But everybody has touch phone with email and web I feel like I'm missing out.
Reply 8832
Original post by Besakt
But everybody has touch phone with email and web I feel like I'm missing out.

Well if you can then get one, they are not all that expensive. Very handy too.
Reply 8833
Original post by cz100
Well if you can then get one, they are not all that expensive. Very handy too.

Hmmm..I have a £110 at the moment but I might decide to save up a bit more and buy an iPhone.
Reply 8834
Original post by Besakt
Hmmm..I have a £110 at the moment but I might decide to save up a bit more and buy an iPhone.

Sometimes I wonder if I made wrong decision to get the Samsung, cos I have a Mac and Android and Mac don't exactly mix well. But the Galaxy's doing fine and I'd be paying much more for the iPhone so I'm still happy.
Reply 8835
Original post by cz100
Sometimes I wonder if I made wrong decision to get the Samsung, cos I have a Mac and Android and Mac don't exactly mix well. But the Galaxy's doing fine and I'd be paying much more for the iPhone so I'm still happy.

But it is the simplicity that comes with the iPhone which I like.
Reply 8836
Original post by Besakt
But it is the simplicity that comes with the iPhone which I like.

I've nothing against iPhones, it'd probably make my life a lot simpler if I had one. Just didn't make sense to get one when I was getting my upgrade (it was end of June so all talks were on the next iPhone coming out) and my last phone was doing some weird things, so I went with the Samsung.
Original post by Besakt

This could be a tad risky, but you can get refurbished iPhones for only slightly more than that. They're sold on eBay and they must be sold in other places. I thought refurbished phones would be basically pieces of junk but I bought a phone yesterday, didn't use it at all, and returned it today. Now it has to be sold on as refurbished, even though it's totally new!

I'm not Islamic but celebrating it since my flatmate is and she's cooking us all Indian food!

So Eid Mubarak!

Awww, thank you. :smile: Indian food is so ridiculously nice. We went to a lebanese buffet thing today and lebanese food is crazy similar to indian food. :drool:

laurie:)
ahhh i just think its really lovely anytime! just chillin by the river

yeah, they dont have a hospital, so you have to move away after 3 years to do your clinicals at another place (but i quite like the idea of not being in one place for the whole 6 years)

i really love it! im aiming to stay in london for uni cause i just love it so much

I see what you mean.... esp at night when the lights come on, and they look beautiful reflected in the water, and you can see the Sage and stuff :love: It's so peaceful at night (as in, darkness, but before clubbing time), you can sit there and think about everything. I do like Newcastle, it's got history and culture... but not to match up to the likes of London.

OMG and Fenwicks window! It's the most exciting thing ever! They do a display for Christmas with dolls and stuff... this year it's fairy tales so there's Jack and the Beanstalk, Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty etc and Santa. All with happy Christmas music. I hope you get an interview in time to see it!

Oh really? That would actually be good, because after 3 years anywhere you'd start getting bored. Also, why is the St. A's course 6 years?

Would you move out or stay in if you got into your London uni?
Original post by laurie:)
daan saaf-east :tongue: do you know lewisham?

I know of Lewisham, but never been there myself :nah:

Not too far away then :colone:
Original post by cz100
Once my parents were out and my brother said he wanted spagetti. I boiled about half a pack before realising there was nothing in the house for any kind of sauce. I didn't have the heart to serve him plain spagetti, so ended up stir frying it and splashed on some soy sauce. My dad said afterwards it was like nothing he had ever tasted before :teehee:

:lol:

Is that a good or bad thing? :holmes:

Original post by Besakt
1 cup is 240ml.
0.5 cup 120ml.
0.3333...cup 80ml.
0.25 cup 60ml.
0.125 cup 30 ml.

That's quite anal... has to be said :redface:

Original post by Parle à ma main
Awww, thank you. :smile: Indian food is so ridiculously nice. We went to a lebanese buffet thing today and lebanese food is crazy similar to indian food. :drool:

It was lush :yep:

Best Eid ever! (was my first Eid for one thing...)

Glad you had nice food too :yy:

Latest