The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tzarchasm
That's interesting. What are the main differences between BM6 and BM5 with regards to content in the first year?

haha, I think BM5 do much more anatomy than us...and IPL *interprofessional learning*....

and I'll tell you what else next year when you're in BM6 :biggrin:
Original post by Besakt
I wouldn't say it's happy, brothers at uni, two sisters are staying over at their friends house and parents have gone abroad somewhere. So I'm home alone.

Eid is always something to be happy about! Don't worry brother... I'm also in a similar position. Chill with your mates or cousins and pray to get a place at uni at namaaz tommorow :smile:
That's interesting. What are the main differences between BM6 and BM5 with regards to content in the first year?

BM5 is fairly different. We do pharmacology, pathology, a LOT of anatomy (not as in the number of sessions, but the amount to learn). We do something called SSU which is group work, we do IPL which is learning with other healthcare students. We also do MiP or Medicine in Practice where you are assigned to a family with a newborn and you visit them once a fortnight. Next semester we start first aid skills etc too.

It's quite different as it is a lot faster, there isn't the classroom feel you get with BM6 either. That said, BM5 so far has covered a fair amount of stuff we had already covered, just in more detail which is nice. :smile:
Reply 923
Original post by Thepupil
Nope. My predictions were BBBB. Got and offer and i'm going next week :wink:

Hi I'm predicted the same as you were and I'm just wondering what your UKCAT Score was

Thanks
Original post by Aiboz
Thanks for replying! Gosh, what if I haven't got any of these? Are they still people waiting to hear from them with the questionnaire...?

Hey, sorry for the late reply :/ Yeah one of my friends hasn't recieved it yet. But don't worry you will get it soon (hopefully) :smile:
Original post by infernalcradle
haha, I think BM5 do much more anatomy than us...and IPL *interprofessional learning*....

and I'll tell you what else next year when you're in BM6 :biggrin:

Thanks bro. That's IF I even get an interview!

Original post by BethaneyJ
BM5 is fairly different. We do pharmacology, pathology, a LOT of anatomy (not as in the number of sessions, but the amount to learn). We do something called SSU which is group work, we do IPL which is learning with other healthcare students. We also do MiP or Medicine in Practice where you are assigned to a family with a newborn and you visit them once a fortnight. Next semester we start first aid skills etc too.

It's quite different as it is a lot faster, there isn't the classroom feel you get with BM6 either. That said, BM5 so far has covered a fair amount of stuff we had already covered, just in more detail which is nice. :smile:

Thank you madam BethaneyJ.

How well do you think BM6 has prepared you (if that's the correct word) for BM5? Or rather, how well did it ease you from A-levels into University?
Thanks bro. That's IF I even get an interview!

which you will
which you will

do they hand out interviews in alphabetical order(of your surnames)
or depending on how strong your application is?

Also are people who are interviewd early or those that are interviewd late given more offers or is it the same
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by IamBeowulf
do they hand out interviews in alphabetical order(of your surnames)
or depending on how strong your application is?

Also are people who are interviewd early or those that are interviewd late given more offers or is it the same

you are given interviews in the order in which you are assessed....so the first to be assessed will get interviews earlier than those who are assessed later obviously, however there is no disadvantage to when you are assessed....

when you are interviewed has no bearing on your chance of getting an offer....as I was one of the first to get interviewed and one of my friends was literally the very last person to get interviewed.....we both got in.

This is because they wait until they have the total score of everyone and then give offers to the top 45....unless you got full marks in which case you will get an early offer
Reply 929
you are given interviews in the order in which you are assessed....so the first to be assessed will get interviews earlier than those who are assessed later obviously, however there is no disadvantage to when you are assessed....

when you are interviewed has no bearing on your chance of getting an offer....as I was one of the first to get interviewed and one of my friends was literally the very last person to get interviewed.....we both got in.

This is because they wait until they have the total score of everyone and then give offers to the top 45....unless you got full marks in which case you will get an early offer

Just like the originals big man :wink:
Original post by Thepupil
Just like the originals big man :wink:

haha, oh yes...

we made the triad :colone:

Thank you madam BethaneyJ.

How well do you think BM6 has prepared you (if that's the correct word) for BM5? Or rather, how well did it ease you from A-levels into University?

Erm so far, I think okay, though I would have preferred a little more anatomy, and a faster pace as both those things were a bit of a shock to me when I started.

Overall I feel much better prepared than others that have just started. They expect you to know a lot for someone fresh out of A levels but as a BM6er a lot of it is familiar.

I'll keep you updated though :smile: We've just handed in our first essays which were easier having done BM6. Will let you know if I pass however before saying quite how helpful it was!
Reply 932
Cant believe im saying this, but i've lost my form!!!!!!!omg :'(
do you think they would give me another one?
Reply 933
Original post by Jamall

Original post by Jamall
Cant believe im saying this, but i've lost my form!!!!!!!omg :'(
do you think they would give me another one?

Oh dear! It said on the form that we have 4 to 5 weeks to send it back to them, so that'll be enough time for Soton to send you another one.
Reply 934
thanks a lot for the advice.....but panic over!!!!!!!! i found the form on the table in my room -_________-
how much longer till we find something out, like how do we know if soton received our questionnaire?
Reply 936
Original post by kurdishboy94

Original post by kurdishboy94
how much longer till we find something out, like how do we know if soton received our questionnaire?

I don't think we do..... The next step's rejection or interview! Good luck everyone!!! :s-smilie:
Strange! got my postcard today but im happy... :smile:
Reply 938
Which form do I need to send off for evidence for means tested benefit?
Reply 939
Original post by Besakt

Original post by Besakt
Which form do I need to send off for evidence for means tested benefit?

It can be council tax benefit, housing benefit, income support, job seekers allowance, pension credit, social fund, child tax credit or working tax credit.

Quick Reply

Latest