The Student Room Group

Theology/Religious Studies Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ViennaWaits
I was going to ask that... no nothing yet from me.

Good luck with Oxford by the way! Have you heard anything from them?

I just got an e-mail asking for my written work and saying that my application is under "active consideration" :s-smilie: .... but nothing other than that ...
Has anyone heard from Exeter or Birmingham yet:P?
Original post by dreamoutloud4060
Has anyone heard from Exeter or Birmingham yet:P?

I haven't applied to Exeter, but I haven't even had an acknowledgement from Birmingham yet!

Has anyone heard from Durham, Bristol or KCL?
Reply 23
I've applied for theology/religious studies at Cardiff,Lampeter,Exeter,Birmingham and Manchester :smile: and i got an offer from Cardiff today for ABB !!! :smile:

Congratulations!!! I've applied for Cardiff, Manchester, Nottingham, Lancaster and Chichester.. Cardiff is my favourite at the moment though :smile: How long after you applied did you get your offer?
Original post by livvyess

Original post by livvyess
Congratulations!!! I've applied for Cardiff, Manchester, Nottingham, Lancaster and Chichester.. Cardiff is my favourite at the moment though :smile: How long after you applied did you get your offer?

Thankyou :smile: we applied to the same 2 universities:P hehe, I loved Cardiff too:smile: um, i think it was around 20 days, Cardiff replied the quickest and then Manchester, have you sent your application off yet :smile:?
Finally, fellow Theology applicants!!

I've applied to Durham (St John's), Exeter, Nottingham, Birmingham & Roehampton, all for Theology/Theology and Religion.
So far I've had acknowledgement emails from Nottingham and Durham but no offers at all. I only sent my application on Thursday, though, so I'm not too worried :smile:

I'm in a similar position to some of you in that I got a B in my RS AS-level. A in Philosophy of Religions and a B in Islam - resitting the B in the hope that I'll move my AS up to an A overall.

I was wondering... I know my own motivations for studying Theology (I believe it encompasses world-shaping issues, addresses questions of huge significance, and can't be ignored if I'm to hold a faith) but what are other people's? What makes you want to study Theology?
Reply 26
I..feel like the only male here, haha xD

I've applied for Theology at Manchester, Birmingham, Durham and Heythrop. (fifth choice is Latin at Manchester)

Got a B overall in A Level Religious Studies, C in the first exam and an A in the second...so resitting the C!

Both my grandfather and his father were vicars (CoE) so yeah...I'm not wanting to become one and hope to go into Law, however I suppose as there has always been religion in my life and my family has been involved in it more than just going to church...I want to study it of that basically, I really do enjoy it.

Would be funny if I get to Durham, my great grandfather did Theology there (BA then an MA) and shared the same name as me, haha :3 Grandfather went to Manchester for BA Latin then to Oxford (Keble) for a BA then MA. Assume it's Theology, although we don't actually know D: (died in 1969, assume my grandmother will have the certificate/s somewhere) He would've gone around just before the second war started.

Manchester is however where I most want to go, although if both them and Durham give me an offer...no idea what I'll pick as a firm D:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 27
Hey im applying for theology

oxford (st benets)
Notthing ( got an offer of aab)
Exeter
durham (university collage)
Edinburgh (which is my fav!!)

Any one else got offers yet?
Reply 28
Thankyou :smile: we applied to the same 2 universities:P hehe, I loved Cardiff too:smile: um, i think it was around 20 days, Cardiff replied the quickest and then Manchester, have you sent your application off yet :smile:?

Yeah, I sent it off last Thursday :biggrin: Now the waiting starts... and I'm not the most patient person ever!
Reply 29
Original post by Xæthon
I..feel like the only male here, haha xD

i felt like that to...
Reply 30
Original post by joshuaj
i felt like that to...

When I went to an open day, there was only about me and two or three other boys. The rest were about, a 15 girls. Wonder why it's such a difference between male/female interest in it.
Hello people, Livvyess (I think it's you who's made it :smile: ) has made an article where we can write our Theology offers down... so if any of you have anything to write down yet, here's the link :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Theology/Religious_Studies_Offers_2012

Wow, loads of people applying for Durham! Lots of competition :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 32
Hello people, Livvyess (I think it's you who's made it :smile: ) has made an article where we can write our Theology offers down... so if any of you have anything to write down yet, here's the link :smile:

Wow, loads of people applying for Durham! Lots of competition :wink:

Ah thanks, yeah I meant to post it on here this morning but was running late for college again D: Unfortunately I had no offers I can add to it yet!
I just got an offer from Birmingham :biggrin: Soo happy to finally hear something!!!
Reply 34
Hey everyone, new to tsr so I dont know if im doing this right :P

anyway i have offers for:

Cardiff : Religious and Theological Studies - ABB
Nottingham : Theology - AAB
Birmingham : Theology and religion - ABB

GCSE Grades : 7 A*'s 2 A's plus a pass in AIDA level 2 and Edexcel communication level 2

AS Levels : 4 A's (Classics, Religious studies [philos/ethics] English language and English Literature)

A Level predictions : A* (English Lit) A (English Lang) A (Religious Studies [philos/ethics])

Ucas processed: 10/1O/11

Received 5 acknowledgments over the following few days and only waiting to hear from Kings and Bristol now (may not even wait as I love Birmingham and Cardiff anyway :P )

any questions just ask, good luck too all of you :smile:
Original post by RobbieJ
Hey everyone, new to tsr so I dont know if im doing this right :P

anyway i have offers for:

Cardiff : Religious and Theological Studies - ABB
Nottingham : Theology - AAB
Birmingham : Theology and religion - ABB

GCSE Grades : 7 A*'s 2 A's plus a pass in AIDA level 2 and Edexcel communication level 2

AS Levels : 4 A's (Classics, Religious studies [philos/ethics] English language and English Literature)

A Level predictions : A* (English Lit) A (English Lang) A (Religious Studies [philos/ethics])

Ucas processed: 10/1O/11

Received 5 acknowledgments over the following few days and only waiting to hear from Kings and Bristol now (may not even wait as I love Birmingham and Cardiff anyway :P )

any questions just ask, good luck too all of you :smile:

Hello :smile:

Put your offers into the Theology Offers thread! My name's looking lonely there on its own :smile:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 36

Hello :smile:

Put your offers into the Theology Offers thread! My name's looking lonely there on its own :smile:

Done :smile:
Original post by RobbieJ
Done :smile:

:smile:

Original post by joshuaj
X

Do you want to add your offer too? :smile:

Anyone else?
(edited 12 years ago)
HIIII! my UCAS still hasn't gone off yet (dispite it being in the school office for ages :'(... annoying!) but hopefully will do next week
im doing A2s in Eng lang (predicted A) Eng lit (A) and RS (A*)
I would LOVE Durham or Edinburgh and my other three are St Andrews Nottingham and Leeds...
Theology is reeaaaaalllly popular in my school so it feels like there is a TON of competion but from what i read on here its not as competitive as other subjects (ie history, english etc)
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
Reply 39
Original post by ManchesterRose

Theology is reeaaaaalllly popular in my school so it feels like there is a TON of competion but from what i read on here its not as competitive as other subjects (ie history, english etc)

I'm surprised it's so popular at your school! I go to a 6th form college with 2,500 students between 16 and 19, and there are only 19 people doing A2 RS... and only four of us are applying to do Theology or Religious Studies at uni! It's nice to come on here and see other people interested in the subject though :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending