The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Oggz
I'm blatently on the rejection pile, waiting to be sent out in batch.

Nah mate keep your hopes up. I am international and I dont even expect an interview until next year by which time I assume over 40-50% of spots will already be filled :frown:

Im sure we'll be fine (fingers crossed as always) lol
Original post by Im A Bear
Spent too long preparing for BMAT, didn't realise I'd have an interview so soon! Really happy though :biggrin: rescheduling coulda given a bit more preparation time.. I left it all a lil late

Same here!! How are you preparing for the interview?? I need help :plz2:
Reply 302
Original post by wannabeadoctor
Same here!! How are you preparing for the interview?? I need help :plz2:

Umm just practice questions really :frown: kinda nervous, I didn't apply for a fifth choice which was probably unwise cos I don't get the benefit of the interview practice

what's everyone else doing to prepare for interviews? :confused:

anyone other than craig on the 12th?
Reply 303
Just got my email but have no idea how to prepare or even what to expect.
ANY help would be much appreciated:s-smilie: cheers
Reply 304
Well by "just got' I mean just checked my emails. I actually got it at like 4pm today.
As for my ucas it got sent in October I think

Original post by AGM
Interview on the 16th. 2nd time applicant, and finally an interview :smile:

The feeling is mutual! :biggrin: SO THRILLING!

Gosh ur looking forward to the interview!!! I am so freaked out that the date is so soon, and i dont want to mess it up coz i really wanna go to BSMS. :frown:

I felt as though it was really soon too, but with some pretty intense preparation (I mean literally every moment you're not busy doing A levels or work or what not. I was even writing model interview question answers whilst at the tills doing nothing at work! And thinking about things when walking to places.) I felt ready for interview after about a week. It is possible to prepare so soon as long as you really put in the effort. Go to the interesting news thread for some information on the NHS reforms and other medical news (it's in my sig). Do practice interviews with your parents. Hassle everyone.
interview on 16th :smile: jeez only 8 days notice!
Original post by CraigKirk
Go to the interesting news thread for some information on the NHS reforms and other medical news (it's in my sig). Do practice interviews with your parents. Hassle everyone.

I am being daft but I cant find ur sig? (you can tell i am new in here)
Reply 309
got my interview for the 16th but on my email giving the time it didnt say what time the presentation/tour will be, does anybody know? also the attatched map was not attatched does anybody know where i can find it?
Reply 310
Does anyone know whether the "opportunnity for group discussions with BSMS faculty and current students" will make up part of the admissions process? Or do we think it will be just the interview?
Anyone else on next Wed?
Reply 311
Original post by ASB31
got my interview for the 16th but on my email giving the time it didnt say what time the presentation/tour will be, does anybody know? also the attatched map was not attatched does anybody know where i can find it?

Ooh mines the same day! I guess they will just be after everyhting else. Probs have a few throughout the day.

I am being daft but I cant find ur sig? (you can tell i am new in here)

You'll first need to change the settings to see signatures. If you go to your profile on TSR, you'll see a 'Settings' link near the top toward the middle of the page. It's not the same 'Settings' that's in the top right. In that drop down menu, you can find the settings to change to see signatures and also to make your own signature.
Reply 313
you guys are so lucky sigh BSMS is my first choice and I have yet to hear anything :frown:
Reply 314
Original post by righthanded5
Im in the same position :frown:

They have another batch of interviews in Febuary, so don't loose heart!
Original post by Gabby234

Who on earth negs a person who is trying to encourage another person? +rep to compensate.
Reply 316
^ agreed, added another +rep. Dumb kids these days
Does anyone know whether the "opportunnity for group discussions with BSMS faculty and current students" will make up part of the admissions process? Or do we think it will be just the interview?
Anyone else on next Wed?

No, the group discussion is a very relaxed chat with current students, normally first and second years, to help relax you before the interview. They're also there to answer any questions you have about the school, Brighton etc etc...

It's I think a really good idea, I definitely found it beneficial.

Good luck!
Reply 318
Ooh mines the same day! I guess they will just be after everyhting else. Probs have a few throughout the day.

Ahh cool when's your interview?
Reply 319

Does that mean that all interviews for November have already been handed out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending