Oh wow.

Jizzed on the screen.

...Is that a ban? :awesome:

If you want to get over it check the first spoiler in my sig.. :wink:
Original post by Pandora.
If you want to get over it check the first spoiler in my sig.. :wink:

...Thank you :cry:
Reply 4742
The BBFC have started doing a podcast about films and their ratings and stuff. I found it really interesting!
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51846

So, Ridley Scott is directing the Blade Runner follow-up. He'll probably drop out of it. Also, **** the Blade Runner follow-up and the horrible hollywood compulsion to franchise everything.
Review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes reports that 100% of 84 critics have given the film [In Time] a negative review

Seen that coming.

Original post by Christien
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51846

So, Ridley Scott is directing the Blade Runner follow-up. He'll probably drop out of it. Also, **** the Blade Runner follow-up and the horrible hollywood compulsion to franchise everything.

I don't like the idea of a prequel or sequel but neither do I mind another film set in that environment and period with a refreshing great story . As long as it doesn't carry the name 'Blade Runner'. But if he does drop out, there isn't much faith to be had.

There's also been lots of sources saying that Prometheus is really just an Alien prequel with a different name. Still, I'm excited for that. Ridley Scott returns to science fiction after nearly 3 decades.

The Forever War seems to be in limbo. So many science fiction projects after so long for Ridley.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Seen that coming.

I don't like the idea of a prequel or sequel but neither do I mind another film set in that environment and period with a refreshing great story. As long as it doesn't carry the name 'Blade Runner'. But if he does drop out, there isn't much faith to be had.

There's also been lots of sources saying that Prometheus is really just an Alien prequel with a different name. Still, I'm excited for that. Ridley Scott returns to science fiction after nearly 3 decades.

The Forever War seems to be in limbo. So many science fiction projects after so long for Ridley.

Well if it does happen (which I'm still dubious about), I'll be willing to give it a chance. The problem is, that whether it's good, bad or mediocre, any addition to the Blade Runner universe is completely unnecessary. It'll just end up reiterating the same 'What it means to be human' question, which has been explored in pretty much every other science fiction movie since Blade Runner.

Plus, Ridley Scott's filmography since Blade Runner has been very patchy, erring more towards bad than good lately. He's arguably more likely to get it wrong than he is right these days.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Seen that coming.

Saw that coming when I saw the poster tbh :pierre:

Different people are saying different things about how much of a prequel it is. It seems that it's set in the same universe, but doesn't directly lead into the Alien storyline.
I think there will be nods to the Alien franchise, but won't really be linked.
Reply 4748
Went to an independent cinema for the first time today, absolutely loved it. I can see a large chunk of the next four years being spent there.
V for Vendetta is on tonight. :coma:
BBC 2, 22:45.
Reply 4750
Original post by Pheylan
Went to an independent cinema for the first time today, absolutely loved it. I can see a large chunk of the next four years being spent there.

Do expound. :teeth:
Reply 4751
Original post by Pheylan
I've not really been enjoying myself since starting uni, and I've wanted to go to an independent cinema for a while now because I ****ing hate all the scum that Cineworld attracts. So I Googled "independent cinemas in leeds" and the first result was Hyde Park Picture House. A bit of research told me I'd like it - 100 years old, one screen, 300 seats, gas lighting and a ****ing organ.

:coma:

Watched Grave of the Fireflies as part of the Leeds International Film Festival. It was like going back in time, and I loved it. Unfortunately there were a few kids (it's a U) and popcorn eaters (also known as *****) but still, compared to multiplexes it was a really enjoyable experience.

I've heard of it, but never watched. Would you recommend it? :beard:
Reply 4752
Original post by Abiraleft

Hmm. It's the only Studio Ghibli film I've seen so I dunno how it compares with others... but I quite liked it. It's really sad though. Try to watch the subtitled version, I read that the dubbed version isn't as good.
Reply 4753
I really want to watch Weekend. :yep:
Reply 4754
Have been neglecting films because I'm on one of my TV binges. Getting into New Girl and Castle, both of which I'm loving.
Phalanges
x

Any results for the Box Office Predictions League? :smile:
I really want to watch Weekend. :yep:

Me too, I'll probably go and see it tomorrow.

It's completley different to the other Studio Ghibli films but is definitely worth a watch. I lost my crying-during-a-film virginity to Grave of the Fireflies....good timmess :biggrin:
Reply 4758
Original post by sheep_go_baa
It's completley different to the other Studio Ghibli films but is definitely worth a watch. I lost my crying-during-a-film virginity to Grave of the Fireflies....good timmess :biggrin:

I've never cried during a film. :indiff:
I cried at the Fox and the Hound.

Also at the end of One Day (the book, not the movie).

Probably a few other times as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending