The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4840
Original post by 082349
Can I post something for a friend of mine?

Of course

Original post by theseeker
Offer from Queen Mary for Maths, stats and Financial eco

Well done :biggrin:
Original post by alex_hk90
Congratulations to the both of you! :smile:

Thank you for the help!
Reply 4842
Has anyone got any more rejections yet from Warwick or any other places ?
mousebudden - I'm not international but I've got a warwick offer!
Reply 4844
Original post by jacquel1ne
mousebudden - I'm not international but I've got a warwick offer!

congrats!!! did you just get it now?
Bath offer, so relieved I have one :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 4846
Original post by crazy1234
Bath offer, so relieved I have one :smile: :smile: :smile:

Well done :smile: When did you send your application and what time did you get your offer? Thanks
Reply 4847
Hey,

I'm applying for Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Bath and Manchester. I applied on october 12th. Should I be worried that I haven't yet been offered anything at Bath or Manchester?

Panicking slightly..... I do have AAAA at AS and 7 a*s and 1 a at gCSE....
Has any one had any offers/rejections for economincs. Just been rejected from Manchester and its really shook me as they only asked for aab. Would really appreciate hearing about everyone else :smile:
Original post by Tateco
Well done :smile: When did you send your application and what time did you get your offer? Thanks

Thanks :smile: I sent mine of very early in October, can't remember when exactly (all i remember was missing my schools ridiculously early internal deadline), but got my offer earlier today :smile: Good luck :smile:
I've just got a rejection from Manchester :frown: I'm predicted AAA and even though the course wants AAB do you all think that my grades are too low?
Original post by Lucymoore1567
I've just got a rejection from Manchester :frown: I'm predicted AAA and even though the course wants AAB do you all think that my grades are too low?

It's pretty hard to say without knowing what your grades are...
Reply 4852

oh damn that sucks! I dont no if it was the grades, maybe personal statement? reference?
what choice was it for you?

Manchester have been weird with rejections this year from what I've seen...there was another person on these forums who got rejected from Manchester despite being a Cambridge candidate. Can't remember his grades, but applying to Cambridge and LSE you can imagine he had a couple of A*s predicted.

You sure there wasn't a small requirement that you missed? (e.g. B at English Language, A in GCSE Maths, etc). If not, it must have been the personal statement - something they didn't seem to like was in it.

I wouldn't be worried as long as you have at least one other AAB or less uni still waiting.
Does anyone know if Warwick or Nottingham have given any offers for Economics ?
Original post by mjg94

Nottingham aren't giving out any offers until after the UCAS deadline (15th January I think). Warwick have given out some though...
Reply 4856
Original post by mjg94

My friend has an offer from Warwick for economics. AAB with one A being math!
Original post by Confused101
Manchester have been weird with rejections this year from what I've seen...there was another person on these forums who got rejected from Manchester despite being a Cambridge candidate. Can't remember his grades, but applying to Cambridge and LSE you can imagine he had a couple of A*s predicted.

You sure there wasn't a small requirement that you missed? (e.g. B at English Language, A in GCSE Maths, etc). If not, it must have been the personal statement - something they didn't seem to like was in it.

I wouldn't be worried as long as you have at least one other AAB or less uni still waiting.

It was me, I guess. I am a Cambridge and LSE Applicant. I told Lucy not to worry, as I already received an unconditional offer from Bristol. It must be something that we have missed, I will post it by the time I receive feedback (Its been a week already).
Reply 4858
Hello, I applied to Warwick, LSE, Cambridge, St.Andrews and UCL for economics,
My grades in IGCSE are : 6A* 2A and a C
AS Level: AAAAB
A Level : A (done Maths already)
A-Levels this year: Maths(re-doing), Economics, Physics Chemistry and Further Maths
Predictes: A*(maths) A (f math) A(econ) A(physics)

I still haven't received any offer :frown:
When do people normally get offers?
I got AAA in my as's and I'm really happy with my personal statement I think its just that I don't have maths at an a2 level. Thank you for all your messages, sucha scary time :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending