The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
one is okay, two is a no, and upper ear is a definate no
Reply 2
Original post by defuzion
one is okay, two is a no, and upper ear is a definate no

Why is two not okay or the upper ear? Not having a go, I know its your personal opinion but want to know the reason behind it :smile:
Reply 3
any man with an earring, is automatically a woman.
if you want to appear tough, jewelry is not the way forward.
Reply 4
I used to have two in my left lobe and one in the right I stopped wearing them a few years ago. I guess they're ok when you're younger but I wouldn't bother with them when you get into sixth form and above.

As for the cartilage I don't think they look good on males or females.
Reply 5
Only on pirates :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by resentment.
any man with an earring, is automatically a woman.
if you want to appear tough, jewelry is not the way forward.

Can I have some mature replies please, and preferably from females or mature males. Thanks lol
Reply 7
I used to get quite a lot of compliments i had on a silver hooped earring i had, so i guess a lot of girls like it. I wouldn't get my other ear pierced though, that seems a bit too much personally.
Reply 8
Original post by Force
Can I have some mature replies please, and preferably from females or mature males. Thanks lol

You wanted opinions. You got peoples opinions. If it's not what you wanted to hear don't ask for opinions.
Reply 9
I have the top of my ear pierced, I think it looks good.
Couldn't really give a flying **** what anyone else thinks about it :teehee:
Both ears? That comes across as a bit feminine to me, sorry :s-smilie:
Reply 11
Original post by Force

if ya wanna look like a plonker then be my guest.

earrings were made for women and women alone.
I think all jewelry looks very bad on males.
If you're not gay, it looks pretty thuggish and chavvy.
I don't like lobe piercings on men, especially diamante!

A ring in the cartilage is as far as it goes with me.
Reply 15
i personally find them sexy!
Reply 16
Welll I got my ears pierced last year at the ripe old age of 25. So obviously I'd be biased.

To me, saying something stupid like "only women should wear earrings" is like saying "only men should wear pants" (PS - there are MANY people who still believe that women should NOT wear pants!)

I like my earrings. I thought about getting the upper ear pierced. However, as it isn't in mainstream society and you DO decide to do it, then be prepared for one or two odd looks or a few off hand comments. Although I think after a while, you won't even notice it
Reply 17
not like the ones in the picture... diamonds are a girls best friend.
Epic fail.
Earrings are not for women only. Learn from Keith Richards.
I really really like the upper one! The other one is a bit too much, especially since it's on the same ear. I would alternate.

Latest