The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3540
Sounds pretty reasonable in Misfits tbf. As I said before, you are thinking far too much into it.
Original post by Jackso
Because of something written on his chest?!

They live in Chavland. I can see that being all the evidence some gang of nutters would need.
Reply 3542
Original post by History-Student

They live in Chavland. I can see that being all the evidence some gang of nutters would need.

Fair enough. Hopefully not, though!
i really enjoyed this episode. although now i think i'll always see curtis as a girl, and picture his penis.
the girl acting him was amazing as well, followed the manner and syntax he spoke perfectly. reminded of helena bonham carter playing emma watson playing hermione.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by G8D
Should have chosen an attractive girl for him to become.

I thought the casting was spot on. That girl looked exactly like a female Curtis.

I struggle to accept that everyone seems to want to shag her.

Rape is not about how attractive the person is, it's all about the power-trip for the man, hence why he tried to rape both girls.

And that Emma character (?) was just genuinely attracted to her :tongue:
Reply 3545
It wasn't just the trainer guy and the girl though, the probation worker was also trying his luck. And a few guys looked at him/her when he walked into the club. There was a lot more attention than there should have been really, but I guess that's just the writers showing how Curtis realises how uncomfortable it must make girls feel having people stare at their breasts or whatever. I agree with how similar the actress looks to Curtis though. A little odd that the police, who only really saw him from a distance, just accepted that she wasn't the person they were after...but that's TV for you :p:
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
I thought the casting was spot on. That girl looked exactly like a female Curtis.

Rape is not about how attractive the person is, it's all about the power-trip for the man, hence why he tried to rape both girls.

And that Emma character (?) was just genuinely attracted to her :tongue:

And Rudy fancying her is sort self explanatory.
And Rudy fancying her is sort self explanatory.

Rudy's a creep. I'm not feeling him :frown:
Original post by hobo06
It wasn't just the trainer guy and the girl though, the probation worker was also trying his luck. And a few guys looked at him/her when he walked into the club. There was a lot more attention than there should have been really, but I guess that's just the writers showing how Curtis realises how uncomfortable it must make girls feel having people stare at their breasts or whatever. I agree with how similar the actress looks to Curtis though. A little odd that the police, who only really saw him from a distance, just accepted that she wasn't the person they were after...but that's TV for you :p:

I suppose. :beard:
Rudy's a creep. I'm not feeling him :frown:

I'm sure he'd be feeling you, given half the chance :wink:

Sorry. To make up for that **** pun here's a gif of Alisha air-****ing:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3550

Er, no. Thats completely incorrect. You really think guys choose unattractive women to rape? Think about it...

Neg all you want, it's still a fact. :dontknow: Guess reality upsets some people.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3551

Sorry. To mke up for that **** pun here's a gif of Alisha air-****ing:

Been waiting for that gif :rofl:

Original post by Jackso
Er, no. Thats completely incorrect. You really think guys choose unattractive women to rape? Think about it...

Rapist in the making here? :p:
That may be true in some cases, but you can't put the mental state of all rapists into one group like that. Some would do it purely for the power trip. Others just because they're completely ****ed in the head.
Not to mention what one person finds attractive isn't necessarily what another would.
I don't know why but I didn't really like Sunday's episode... I didn't find it that funny :s
Reply 3553
Original post by hobo06

Rapist in the making here? :p:
That may be true in some cases, but you can't put the mental state of all rapists into one group like that. Some would do it purely for the power trip. Others just because they're completely ****ed in the head.
Not to mention what one person finds attractive isn't necessarily what another would.

True, but saying that it's "all about" power is just ridiculous!
Original post by Jackso

Yes it is. That's why some men choose to rape elderly women; they are more vulnerable.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/mar/30/rape-is-not-a-compliment

You haven't thought about the psychology behind men who rape; they hate themselves and take it out on women. Rape jokes and popular culture just make it seem like men are overwhelmed by desire when they see an attractive woman: that isn't the case. Rape isn't a compliment.
(edited 12 years ago)
Let's not spend the week until the next episode arguing about why rapists rape. Please.

Sorry. To make up for that **** pun here's a gif of Alisha air-****ing:

Could see that pun coming a mile off (and that one too :wink:)

YAY I knew that would turn up somewhere :rofl:
Let's not spend the week until the next episode arguing about why rapists rape. Please.

It needed to be said :dontknow:

Nick1sHere
I don't know why but I didn't really like Sunday's episode... I didn't find it that funny :s

I don't even know if it was meant to be funny :s-smilie: I loved the writing, it was so clever. But I didn't like the "you got your period" thing when female Curtis was arguing with the guys, because I hate guys who go "ugh, periods" when a girl gets annoyed about something.

But other than that, loved it :yy:

But other than that, loved it :yy:

I don't know, I realise that it probably wasn meant to be funny but I just.... >_<

Next weeks looks good though :thumbsup:
Lesbian scene, woooooooooooooo!

Quick Reply

Latest