The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2980
Original post by derangedyoshi
Not necessarily - if you wanted to go to the unconditional uni then you would firm it. You firm your first choice, and if it's a conditional then you put an easier offer as insurance.

True. But if you firm your first choice which happens to be unconditional, then it means you CANNOT enter any insurance.. IS that correct?
Reply 2981
Well done! When did you send your application, if I may ask? :smile:

It was processed by UCAS on the 7th October.
Original post by mpc1
True. But if you firm your first choice which happens to be unconditional, then it means you CANNOT enter any insurance.. IS that correct?

yup. there's no point in an insurance if you firm an unconditional :smile:
Reply 2983
Original post by Rahul.S
ucl 30th november anyone? the email says an offer but I will believe it only when it appears on my track :colone:

yeah same :smile:
Original post by legion99
It was processed by UCAS on the 7th October.

okay, cool :smile: I'm slightly paranoid as I haven't heard yet. :P
Reply 2985
Original post by laughylolly
Does anyone know how I would go about contacting a university about my fee status. For some reason Warwick have said that I'm 'oversees' for fee purposes even though I live in the Uk, was born here and hold a British passport.

hahahah such banter from warwick. (saying you are overseas because you are scottish)
Original post by deejayy
hahahah such banter from warwick. (saying you are overseas because you are scottish)

So not cool. I think it might be because I haven't been living in the Uk (moved back here like a year and a half ago :s-smilie:). But my family and I were not resident of any other country so. Hmm. Will have to look into this. 9000 pound fee is bad enough.
Original post by new123
Very happy for you! Did you get your app sent out long back?

What are the offer conditions and what is the course name?

Thanks! Yep, 27 September. The conditions are an A1 in AH Maths (which I already have), A in any of the AHs I'm doing this year, and a 2 in STEP. So apart from the STEP it's really nice! Just an A in one of my three subjects. :biggrin:

SAMEE!! YAYY AT LAST! I knew it was cause we are Scottish :L

Do you know what your conditions are? Hasn't given me mine yet...

Looks like you've found them now. But I have discovered that I'm probably going to spend the next week explaining what STEP is to everyone I meet. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Oh no, you're going to make me paranoid, I'll be sitting in the study room refreshing Track in my free periods tomorrow... :tongue:

When did you both send your applications?

WELL DONE btw!! :L

Thank you! I'm sorry about the paranoia, I'm sure yours will come soon! That's what free periods are for, isn't it? :ninja:

I was checking it with a friend when I found out. She now has a theory that her presence was what changed it. She has a valid point - I probably checked it about fifty times when she wasn't there and nothing happened, and then every (one) time she's been there I've got an offer. :lol:
Reply 2988
Original post by Mathelete
For G103 or G100?

=] And Well done! =]

Lol yh you quoted the wrong person, it was G100
Reply 2989
So not cool. I think it might be because I haven't been living in the Uk (moved back here like a year and a half ago :s-smilie:). But my family and I were not resident of any other country so. Hmm. Will have to look into this. 9000 pound fee is bad enough.

sounds like they are just double checking I wouldn't worry.
Reply 2990
Does anyone know how I would go about contacting a university about my fee status. For some reason Warwick have said that I'm 'oversees' for fee purposes even though I live in the Uk, was born here and hold a British passport.

Did you fill in your UCAS application correctly?

I only ask because the same thing happened to me last week and I had to ring up UCAS to change my residential category to EU national. In addition, I had to send off my passport details to my universities; a scan sufficed and it proved my identity.

Cuh-razy right! :cool: I'm dopey though.
Original post by anyone_can_fly
Thank you! I'm sorry about the paranoia, I'm sure yours will come soon! That's what free periods are for, isn't it? :ninja:

I was checking it with a friend when I found out. She now has a theory that her presence was what changed it. She has a valid point - I probably checked it about fifty times when she wasn't there and nothing happened, and then every (one) time she's been there I've got an offer. :lol:

Hehe, that and doing actual work... :L I have exams this week ("term exams", basically glorified class tests) and I've spent far too long tonight on TSR and not quite enough time studying chemistry. Oh well... :P
Hehe, that and doing actual work... :L I have exams this week ("term exams", basically glorified class tests) and I've spent far too long tonight on TSR and not quite enough time studying chemistry. Oh well... :P

Actual work? What is this work you speak of?

(Disclaimer: I do actually have an essay, a talk to memorise and a stats exercise for tomorrow. None of which I can concentrate on because I've got an actual offer to an actual university! :biggrin:)

'Term exams'? Ugh. I thought AB tests were bad.
Original post by Femto
Did you fill in your UCAS application correctly?

I only ask because the same thing happened to me last week and I had to ring up UCAS to change my residential category to EU national. In addition, I had to send off my passport details to my universities; a scan sufficed and it proved my identity.

Cuh-razy right! :cool: I'm dopey though.

Yupp pretty sure I did. The school I did my GCSE's at was in Saudi Arabia so maybe that's what made them think? I'll probably ask my school about it and then call up Warwick and see what they say then probably UCAS as well.
Reply 2994
Yupp pretty sure I did. The school I did my GCSE's at was in Saudi Arabia so maybe that's what made them think? I'll probably ask my school about it and then call up Warwick and see what they say then probably UCAS as well.

Perhaps. Warwick were the only ones to realise my mistake on my form; I already had two offers already from Birmingham and Bath and they didn't even enquire about it!

They seem to be able to pick up on mistakes quite well :dontknow:
Original post by Femto
Perhaps. Warwick were the only ones to realise my mistake on my form; I already had two offers already from Birmingham and Bath and they didn't even enquire about it!

They seem to be able to pick up on mistakes quite well :dontknow:

Oh okay. Maybe it's just a mistake then. Still I'll phone up to sort it out. Thanks for your help =)
Original post by anyone_can_fly
Actual work? What is this work you speak of?

(Disclaimer: I do actually have an essay, a talk to memorise and a stats exercise for tomorrow. None of which I can concentrate on because I've got an actual offer to an actual university! :biggrin:)

'Term exams'? Ugh. I thought AB tests were bad.

I believe it's a phenomenon, which exists outside of mathematics, where progress must be made on a number of questions which are not necessarily enjoyable. Ah well :L

Term exams aren't that bad - they were worst in S4 as they contained a year and a bit's worth of knowledge, and you would have more than one subject a day since they were squashed into a week. This year they're fine. :biggrin:

Well done again on your offer btw - hopefully I'll join you in the definitely-not-5-rejections category quite soon :L
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Edwin Okli
They don't know what other universities that you've applied to so why would they be given their place alphabetically out of your choices?

Yeah thats what I thought so what does choice 3 mean??
been lazy with my app... will send it off tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 2999
Original post by Icefx
Just got a triple A offer from Kings, anyone else heard?

When did you send?

Latest