The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tateco
We're both going for Emma :u: And apparently Emma normally give interview offers out next week! Thanks for letting me know though, very thoughtful! :biggrin:

Both girls' names, forgive me, good luck!
Original post by ...mo...
nice work.

I too would like to go to Birmingham, with an A*A*A prediction. However my bad GCSE's (A* 4A 4B 4C) are making me feel like I am unlikely to get in. I know they look at GCSE's, so how slim of a chance, if any, have I got

Thanks

It's hit and miss with Birmingham I think, I didn't get an offer last year when my predictors were A*A*A but, this year I've got an unconditional with the overall grades AAAB and my gcse's are pretty much the same as yours.

:smile:
My situtation: Got AAB (Music, Economics and Maths respectively) at A2 in the summer and missed my offer from Exeter of AAA. Reapplied this year and willl be retaking Maths and so far have AAA offers from Birmingham and Manchester, still waiting on Exeter, York and Leeds. Not a ll bad though, working and living in New York at the moment.... :wink:
Reply 4903
Original post by nightmare91
How is that possible? Isn't the standard offer A*AA?

Original post by crazy1234
Probably already got an A* in something....
So just needs the AAB part of the offer, I'm guessing....

I'm international. We don't have A* here.
Reply 4904
Has anyone got accepted for L101 at LSE?

i haven't got any offers or rejections yet :s-smilie: worried. :frown:
Reply 4905
Original post by varadh
Has anyone got accepted for L101 at LSE?

i haven't got any offers or rejections yet :s-smilie: worried. :frown:

I think LSE tend to hand out their offers pretty late. They have rejected a couple but I think that's it. I wouldn't worry there's tonnes of time, and I think they wait for international applicants to apply and stuff... Don't panic, I haven't heard ANYTHING from ANYONE yet and it's SO frustrating... (rather hear nothing than a rejection though right? xD)

applying to cambridge lse ucl manchester and bath.
Original post by ohTS
Ha you think those ASs are bad!? I think you're being too hard on yourself, and if those are due to unfortunate circumstances I'm sure your A2s will be amazing then.

Well isn't LSE AAB for accounting and finance? Because I don't see why you wouldn't get considered, although I know it's notoriously difficult to get in there. Nottingham's also really hard to get into, I've applied there and feel like I'm shooting a bit too high, but I suppose you don't know unless you try!

Good luck:smile:

They are fine but limited me in terms of applying to uni a bit. But I think there are loads of good unis out there and I'd be happy to get an offer from even one :P

It's AAA this year but I'm not counting on LSE making me an offer. Hopefully I'll see you at uni next fall at Birmingham or Nottingham xD :P

Where else have you applied? Do you have insurance choices? I'm so confused :P I'm thinking of changing Manchester with Royal Holloway or QMUL because Manchester is a risky insurance choice it seems and I have relatives and friends in London so I won't be isolated but I have no idea how these two unis are (location, people, teaching) :s-smilie:
Reply 4907
Original post by llama67

Original post by llama67
I think LSE tend to hand out their offers pretty late. They have rejected a couple but I think that's it. I wouldn't worry there's tonnes of time, and I think they wait for international applicants to apply and stuff... Don't panic, I haven't heard ANYTHING from ANYONE yet and it's SO frustrating... (rather hear nothing than a rejection though right? xD)

applying to cambridge lse ucl manchester and bath.

oh, thank god. i'm not alone lol. haha, yes. :biggrin:
so only the outstanding students will get to know before the deadline right?
ooo, im applying to lse cam ucl wariwick and st.andrews (lol, only because theres a golf course right there :smile:)
Reply 4908
Original post by varadh
oh, thank god. i'm not alone lol. haha, yes. :biggrin:
so only the outstanding students will get to know before the deadline right?
ooo, im applying to lse cam ucl wariwick and st.andrews (lol, only because theres a golf course right there :smile:)

you have applied to the exact same unis as you but instead of st andrews i went for bristol :P what college at cambridge?
Reply 4909
Original post by Nadine10

Original post by Nadine10
you have applied to the exact same unis as you but instead of st andrews i went for bristol :P what college at cambridge?

I know :0
Girton, I had an hour to decide before I hit the deadline. People told me to apply to kings and trinity, but since i've heard of those i chose not to apply there, lol.
Wtvs, im hoping, that i'd atleast get an interview :smile:

do you know wnyone who has already gotten an interview?
Reply 4910
Girton, only cause i've never heard of it. haha

i waaaaant an interview. lol
doesn't everone
Original post by varadh
I know :0
Girton, I had an hour to decide before I hit the deadline. People told me to apply to kings and trinity, but since i've heard of those i chose not to apply there, lol.
Wtvs, im hoping, that i'd atleast get an interview :smile:

do you know wnyone who has already gotten an interview?

i know one person for Clare if it helps at all :smile:
Original post by 082349
I'm international. We don't have A* here.

Oh I'm just curious, where are you from? What exam board are you on? :smile:
Reply 4913
Original post by tooambitious

Original post by tooambitious
i know one person for Clare if it helps at all :smile:

Haha, thanks :smile:
Reply 4914
Finally my sixth form sent off my UCAS and already I got acknowledgements!

Just wondering for anyone who applied for the placement year at Bath, did your email say that you had applied for Bsc (Hons): Economics only? Because I applied for the sandwich year.. Did all of you guys that applied for the sandwich year recieve the same thing?
Original post by Hemzo
Finally my sixth form sent off my UCAS and already I got acknowledgements!

Just wondering for anyone who applied for the placement year at Bath, did your email say that you had applied for Bsc (Hons): Economics only? Because I applied for the sandwich year.. Did all of you guys that applied for the sandwich year recieve the same thing?

Yeah dw it did for mine aswell :smile:
Reply 4916
hii everyone!
i have applied to UCL, Nottingham, Bristol, Kent and Sheffield for economics L100!
I have received conditional offers from Kent and Sheffield!
Has anyone received offers from any of these unis?
Good luck to u all!:smile:
Reply 4917
Original post by crazy1234
Yeah dw it did for mine aswell :smile:

Reply 4918
Original post by nefp
hii everyone!
i have applied to UCL, Nottingham, Bristol, Kent and Sheffield for economics L100!
I have received conditional offers from Kent and Sheffield!
Has anyone received offers from any of these unis?
Good luck to u all!:smile:

two offers already? congrats! I have got an offer from Bristol for econ :smile:
AHHH I just had an offer from Cardiff for History & Economics, AAB/ AA & Welsh Bacc :smile:

Latest