The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tobnot
It can be council tax benefit, housing benefit, income support, job seekers allowance, pension credit, social fund, child tax credit or working tax credit.

if you forget to provide evidence they will send the form back don't they?
Reply 941
Original post by tobnot
It can be council tax benefit, housing benefit, income support, job seekers allowance, pension credit, social fund, child tax credit or working tax credit.

Do I need photocopies/original documents?
Original post by Besakt

They allow both but sending photocopies instead is better for you!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 943
Original post by kurdishboy94
if you forget to provide evidence they will send the form back don't they?

Yeah I expect so, or they'll just ask you to send the required evidence.

Original post by Besakt

Yeah as cobra2k10 said, it's better to send photocopies
Original post by cobra2k10
Strange! got my postcard today but im happy... :smile:

Got mine today, and it seems to have got a little damaged in the post lol

Did most people ring up to ask about living in the lowest 20% Index of Multiple Deprivation thing? Because I tried that website that people recommended and it's really vague, because I can get my area, just not my postcode :frown:
Reply 945
Original post by Ally312

Original post by Ally312

Did most people ring up to ask about living in the lowest 20% Index of Multiple Deprivation thing? Because I tried that website that people recommended and it's really vague, because I can get my area, just not my postcode :frown:

Yeah I rang up earlier and they can tell you on the spot. Sadly my postcode isn't :frown:
Reply 946
I just got an email from UCAS saying track has been updated. Went onto UCAS turns out it was just East Anglia forwarding my application from the A104 foundation course to the A100 course.
Going to send off my form tomorrow...

Did anyone who sent off their from recieve an acknowledgement?
Reply 948
can somebody help me with the IMD website i dont no how to use it thnx!
Original post by PrettyLittleLiars
Going to send off my form tomorrow...

Did anyone who sent off their from recieve an acknowledgement?

i got a fees acknowledgement and that's it really.
Original post by Ally312

:tongue: got my postcard and mine was damaged aswell aha
I rang them and the lady was like well do you meet two requirement if so , then just leave it ... :colondollar: . You should call them and ask because I am sure they can check it easily.
i sent my form off 1st recorded class so i could track it! cost me over £1.50 and its still not got there and i had sent it like on the 4th
Yeah, I've rang them up and mine is. She was really nice too, and it was only a 2 minute conversation. I can post it off tomorrow now, it was only that that I needed to check.

Original post by tobnot
Yeah I rang up earlier and they can tell you on the spot. Sadly my postcode isn't :frown:

Maybe it's a good thing? And if you fill the other criteria you will be fine because they say preference isn't given to those who fulfill more than 2 of them.

Original post by sumsum123
:tongue: got my postcard and mine was damaged aswell aha
I rang them and the lady was like well do you meet two requirement if so , then just leave it ... :colondollar: . You should call them and ask because I am sure they can check it easily.

But on the form it says you need to answer all the boxes? Try ringing again and seeing if you can get a nicer person. You really don't seem to have much luck with these admissions people (like the lady at Nottingham) do you lol

Original post by Besakt
I just got an email from UCAS saying track has been updated. Went onto UCAS turns out it was just East Anglia forwarding my application from the A104 foundation course to the A100 course.

Bet you had a mini heart attack though when you saw it had been updated though lol :biggrin:
Original post by Ally312

Bet you had a mini heart attack though when you saw it had been updated though lol :biggrin:

I did:colondollar:
Original post by FALCONSFURY
I did:colondollar:

Haha :biggrin: The same thing happened to me when I got a letter from Leeds. The first thing I could think when I saw the envelope was "Oh God, not a rejection already!"

It was just an acknowledgement :colondollar:
Original post by Ally312

yeah, i just rang up and they told me my postcode was eligible within seconds. If its eligible for BM6 and the A2L programme, will my postcode also be eligible with nottingham...?
Original post by Ally312

But on the form it says you need to answer all the boxes? Try ringing again and seeing if you can get a nicer person. You really don't seem to have much luck with these admissions people (like the lady at Nottingham) do you lol

Lool ! That is soo true , I have always been v.v.unlucky in many cases :smile: . I will do on Monday hopefully :biggrin:
hello

just poping in to say hi,and so I can quickly fing this thread

so far i have sent off the questionaire thing
Original post by cobra2k10
yeah, i just rang up and they told me my postcode was eligible within seconds. If its eligible for BM6 and the A2L programme, will my postcode also be eligible with nottingham...?

Yep, I've rang up, and just need to get the form in the post.

And your postcode should be considering it is for BM6 and A2L, so I don't see why not. :smile:
Hello :biggrin:

I've applied to the BM6 (just sent off my evidence form thing) :biggrin: and i'm a bit worried :frown: people that are successful in getting onto the programme seem to have so much life experience than me :afraid:
there's not much about me thats unique... sure i've done work placements etc, but most people seem to have a unique aspect about their app like they've took care of their grandparents or something
a bit worried :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending