The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4940
Original post by theseeker
Oops :colondollar: Sorry. Where else have you applied?

Hahh, I had to check then cos I couldn't remember which it was!
I've applied to Sheffield, Nottingham and Oxford and got offers from Birmingham and Newcastle:smile:

What about you?
Original post by ohTS
Haa I'm getting pretty lucky. Have you heard anything yet?

haha modest :wink: well apart from an offer a couple of days ago, nothing new :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ohTS
Hahh, I had to check then cos I couldn't remember which it was!
I've applied to Sheffield, Nottingham and Oxford and got offers from Birmingham and Newcastle:smile:

What about you?

haha I'm sorry :colondollar:
Applied to Oxford, Kings, Manchester, Notts and Queen Mary. Offers from Queen Mary and Manchester :smile:
Reply 4943

haha I'm sorry :colondollar:
Applied to Oxford, Kings, Manchester, Notts and Queen Mary. Offers from Queen Mary and Manchester :smile:

Congratulations:smile: Have you applied for E+M at Oxford?
Original post by ohTS
Congratulations:smile: Have you applied for E+M at Oxford?

Yep, I assume you have too? :smile:
Reply 4945

Yep, I assume you have too? :smile:

Nope I went for PPE, mainly cos I don't do Maths to A2! Which college?
Original post by ohTS
Nope I went for PPE, mainly cos I don't do Maths to A2! Which college?

Ah right :smile: Lady Margaret Hall, yourself?
Reply 4947

Ah right :smile: Lady Margaret Hall, yourself?

Mansfield from an open app. Let me know if you get an interview, good luck!
Original post by ohTS
Mansfield from an open app. Let me know if you get an interview, good luck!

Thanks, you too :smile:
Reply 4949
Original post by nightmare91
Oh I'm just curious, where are you from? What exam board are you on? :smile:

Asia, can't say anything more for privacy reasons. If you really want to know more, PM me!
Original post by nightmare91
You are probably too good. I also heard of a friend who has amazing grades and already achieved all of them. He got rejected from Manchester as well. They probably know that someone with A*A*A*A predictions will get an offer from a better university anyway, so why not give the place to someone who is probably not an Oxbridge/LSE applicant. Weird policy though...

Definitely a wied policy. I'm not too good, I am an Oxford applicant but I'd be surprised if I get in. I'm gonna complain.
Got an email from Nottingham saying they're going to hold my application and I should hear at latest by February 2012. Should I be worried?
Reply 4952
Got an email from Nottingham saying they're going to hold my application and I should hear at latest by February 2012. Should I be worried?

I got the same email as well I think it's just to give everyone an equal chance because straight economics is such a competitive course
Original post by somaiyar
I got the same email as well I think it's just to give everyone an equal chance because straight economics is such a competitive course

Ah right :smile: True. Where else have you applied?:smile:
Reply 4954
Original post by ohTS
Congrats! Was your Sheffield offer for the BA or BSc?

For the BSc
Reply 4955
Got conditional offers from Kent and Sheffield for the BSc

No, I got the same email, I think they have a policy about not looking at any applications till the UCAS deadline.
Reply 4957
Just recieved my interview date from Churchill, my interview's on the 4th of December :s-smilie:. I've got a lot less time than I thought I did.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4958

No, they will send it to everyone

Original post by zxh800
Just recieved my interview date from Churchill, my interviews on the 4th of December :s-smilie:. I've got a lot less time than I thought I did.

Well done! And good luck, better start prepping!
I got that email from Nottingham saying that they are going to hold my application too but people have received offers for economics from nottingham. I am getting worried :/

Latest

Trending

Trending