The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4980
Original post by nightmare91
Oh when did you receive it? So I suppose they won't reject/give out offers before this questionnaire is completed by all candidates? Or is it not that important?

The purpose is to ensure that we have more consistent information from our Economics applicants and so can make more informed decisions.

I'd say it's quite important, but as you're not doing A-Levels you may not receive it?
Reply 4981
Groat Have you filled it in ?
When it says:

Indicate if you are taking any of these additional Maths qualifications. (Select all that apply)

AEA

STEP

IB Further Maths

Additional Further Maths AS/A level

Other
If you selected other please specify

Is the one that says "Additional Further Maths AS/A level" the same thing as FM A level ? So I am doing AQA Maths and Further Maths, do I tick the box that says "Additional Further Maths AS/A level" or is there a difference between it and Further Maths ?.

Thnx
Reply 4982
Original post by funkydee
yep, just about to start it!

How did you get the questionnaire? I did not get anything yet, I am applying for straight econ. What did it say?

If anyone can answer, that would be a big help thanks!
Original post by Groat
The purpose is to ensure that we have more consistent information from our Economics applicants and so can make more informed decisions.

I'd say it's quite important, but as you're not doing A-Levels you may not receive it?

Ah okay so they ask you about A Levels? UMS scores etc.? Sorry I don't know anything about that, hence my stupid questions :tongue:
Reply 4984
Original post by MWM
Groat Have you filled it in ?
When it says:

Indicate if you are taking any of these additional Maths qualifications. (Select all that apply)

AEA

STEP

IB Further Maths

Additional Further Maths AS/A level

Other
If you selected other please specify

Is the one that says "Additional Further Maths AS/A level" the same thing as FM A level ? So I am doing AQA Maths and Further Maths, do I tick the box that says "Additional Further Maths AS/A level" or is there a difference between it and Further Maths ?.

Thnx

Additional Further Maths is beyond Further Maths (when you do 15 modules in total for the AS, or 18 for the A2).

So, if you're just doing Maths and Further Maths, leave it un-ticked.

I wonder if people will regret saying they're doing STEP when LSE give them an offer including it. :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Received the LSE questionnaire as well, don't even know why I'm bothering as I expect a rejection looming for me :tongue:

Took ages to fill in too!
Reply 4986
Aaaah!!! Offer from cardiff for economics & finance!!!!!!!!!!!! Aab jisaodfjafiodahfhfuidshfuisdh
Reply 4987
Original post by jamiepango
Received the LSE questionnaire as well, don't even know why I'm bothering as I expect a rejection looming for me :tongue:

Took ages to fill in too!

how did you get the questionnaire? email? and when?
I applied for econ at LSE and I haven't received anything yet, so i am getting really worried :s-smilie:
maybe its not a bad thing not getting the form, just means we've informed them well... I hope so anyway,

can someone please detail on what sort of questions are on the saq??
Reply 4989
Original post by lordvulture
maybe its not a bad thing not getting the form, just means we've informed them well... I hope so anyway,

can someone please detail on what sort of questions are on the saq??

I'd already put all my UMS onto UCAS, yet all the form is basically asking for are all your UMS scores. You'll probably get the questionnaire soon, don't worry!
Reply 4990
Does anyone think that those who are doing STEP will be more likely to get and offer ?
btw has anyone herd of LSE giving out STEP offers if you let them know your doing STEP ?
Should I put down STEP or not (I am doing it in the summer)?
Original post by MWM
Does anyone think that those who are doing STEP will be more likely to get and offer ?
btw has anyone herd of LSE giving out STEP offers if you let them know your doing STEP ?
Should I put down STEP or not (I am doing it in the summer)?

step is so difficult... and arbitrary... i can get a 1 on some papers, and 3 and u on others... thats one of the reasons i switched from maths to econ

is ums and extra maths exams all they ask in the form??
Reply 4992
They just ask whether you are doing any other maths exams like STEP/AEA and your UMS, that's it.
Should I put STEP on the form or not ?
Reply 4993
Original post by MWM
They just ask whether you are doing any other maths exams like STEP/AEA and your UMS, that's it.
Should I put STEP on the form or not ?

If you're doing it, yes. But remember that LSE don't interview, so don't be surprised if you get an offer and it happens to have a 1 in STEP tagged on the end.
Reply 4994
Still no questionnaire from LSE and I applied for Economics, is this a bad sign? :frown:
Reply 4995
Original post by Groat
If you're doing it, yes. But remember that LSE don't interview, so don't be surprised if you get an offer and it happens to have a 1 in STEP tagged on the end.

If someone isn't doing it, should he do it just so he can put it down and increase the chances of an offer. A STEP offer is better than no offer eh?
What do people think ?
Original post by Nadine10
Still no questionnaire from LSE and I applied for Economics, is this a bad sign? :frown:

yes. you'll now be auto-rejected.
Reply 4997
Original post by -Illmatic-
yes. you'll now be auto-rejected.

what?
Reply 4998
Original post by MWM
If someone isn't doing it, should he do it just so he can put it down and increase the chances of an offer. A STEP offer is better than no offer eh?
What do people think ?

No.
Original post by Nadine10
what?

I'm joking :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending