The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laughylolly
For Warwick offer holders/applicants:

For the STEP requirement is it just grade 2 on one STEP paper or on two STEP papers?

Any STEP paper. So STEP I works just as well as STEP III.

Here's the complete offer text from UCAS:

This offer is subject to you obtaining grade A* at A Level in Maths, and EITHER grade A* at A Level in Further Maths, grade A at A Level in one other subject and grade 2 in any STEP/Distinction in Maths AEA, OR grade A in Further Maths at A Level and grade A in one other subject at A Level and grade 1 in any STEP paper. This offer excludes General Studies and Critical Thinking

That's mine at least - yours may be different but you can view your offer on Track by clicking "courses" then click the course code next to "Conditional" in the table :smile:
Original post by ben-smith
It's one paper.

Oh good =) Does it matter which paper?

Original post by Xero Xenith
Any STEP paper. So STEP I works just as well as STEP III.

Here's the complete offer text from UCAS:

That's mine at least - yours may be different but you can view your offer on Track by clicking "courses" then click the course code next to "Conditional" in the table :smile:

This is what mine says:

This offer is subject to you obtaining grade A1 in Scottish Advanced Highers in Maths C100 and grade A in 1 other subject and grade 2 in STEP/Distinction in a Maths AEA.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by cpdavis
Kings don't receive your STEP grades, only unis that use them.

Really? Even if you listed STEP as 'pending' on your UCAS form?
Original post by xmusicx
Offer from Imperial for Maths with a year in europe (G104) :ahee:

Well done :biggrin: Im applying for maths with a year in europe but not at imperial as im not clever enough!! :frown:

Where would you like to go?
Im thinking germany as ive also applied for some maths with minors in german....but in the netherlands it'll be taught in english so..... :smile:

Might email them to double check or see if any past applicants know??

It's just one paper. :smile:
Reply 3065
Original post by BeccaCath94
Well done :biggrin: Im applying for maths with a year in europe but not at imperial as im not clever enough!! :frown:

Where would you like to go?
Im thinking germany as ive also applied for some maths with minors in german....but in the netherlands it'll be taught in english so..... :smile:

I would really like to go to France I think, I haven't actually done a language at A-Level but if I had it would have been French
Reply 3066
Original post by Edwin Okli
Not another one... when did you submit your application?
Edit: looked through your previous posts, so I haven't been neglected quite yet. I'll start feeling neglected when people who submitted their applications after me get offers. Edwin will be :frown:.

Hahaha, I didn't actually expect to hear back before January!
Reply 3067
Original post by dnumberwang
Well done :five:

Does your offer have insane conditions like mine? Oh and where would you do the year in Europe :tongue: I think I'd go to Berlin.

Yes A*A*A and the A has to be in physics

Yeah I'm thinking either Germany or France.

So excited already haha!
Original post by xmusicx
I would really like to go to France I think, I haven't actually done a language at A-Level but if I had it would have been French

Ahh that'd be cool yeah :smile:
I do german A level so.....plus i've been to berlin before and it was amazing! haha :tongue:
Reply 3069
Original post by Jampolo
No, i have no offers either :rolleyes: Too much waiting for my liking.

What college did Cambridge allocate you?
Original post by mpc1
did you apply for all 3 year courses or 4 year degree courses? Are 4 year degree courses in Imperial, UCL, KCL etc more recognized elsewhere than the 3 year ones?

any offers from LSE across TSR so far?

i think theres offer already, just not maths. LSE's email stated that i should only be worried if it doesnt come after 3 months upon submission. which is mid december.

im taking all 3 years degree. thinking of doing my master in USA..cz grad schools there are btr :biggrin:
Original post by Edwin Okli
Not another one... when did you submit your application?
Edit: looked through your previous posts, so I haven't been neglected quite yet. I'll start feeling neglected when people who submitted their applications after me get offers. Edwin will be :frown:.

If it makes you feel better, I don't even have one offer yet :frown: In fact, Imperial still hasn't acknowledged me...

Should I be (very) worried?
just got an invitation from Warwick to interview for MMORSE. As of yet I haven't heard of people getting interviewed for this so any ideas??
Original post by Beth1234
If it makes you feel better, I don't even have one offer yet :frown: In fact, Imperial still hasn't acknowledged me...

At least some people last year got no acknowledgment whatsoever from imperial until they got an offer :rolleyes:

imperial didnt acknowledge me too...i just randomly receive ucas track update when their offer arrive.

No, because you're obviously very clever and it'd be bewildering if you didn't get an offer from Imperial. Hmm... I guess we can't predict who'll be first to get offers.
Anyone got an offer from Manchester yet? Had an interview on thursday!
Original post by tswift608
just got an invitation from Warwick to interview for MMORSE. As of yet I haven't heard of people getting interviewed for this so any ideas??

i think that means that you are most likely going to get an offer :smile: when did u send your application?
Original post by deejayy
What college did Cambridge allocate you?

Homerton :colone: quite close to... nowhere really.
Original post by Jampolo

Original post by Jampolo
Homerton :colone: quite close to... nowhere really.

It's close to… the Cineworld (and Nando's but you-know-where has one of those nearby).

Latest