The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Not sure whether anyone else will be interested, but Licca Fansubs are currently having a vote to decide which of three World Masterpiece Theater series to release next. They've subbed the first eps of each, but only have time and staff to release one fully. Can't link to their website of course, but google their name if you're interested. The series they're looking at are Lucy of the Southern Rainbow, Porphy's Long Journey and Alps Stories: My Annette. :yes:

Following on from this post, I watched all the first episodes and ended up voting for Annette. Porphy didn't have the same charm as the older two (the animation was pretty weird as well), and while it was close between the others, I preferred the characters in Annette to Lucy. :yes: Whichever series ends up winning, I won't watch it until its fully subbed, since I've got a fair few WMT series on my hard drives to begin with. Not like their currently airing and a hot topic for discussion among fans. :p:

In case anyone is interested, just a warning that they've changed the closing date for the poll to this Friday (apparently because Licca don't want to waste time they could be spending on actually translating the winning series), so there isn't long left!
(edited 12 years ago)
just watched the Clannad Kyou arc :cry2: gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside in the end :cute: i want more Clannad :puppyeyes: hearing the soundtrack again was so nice :love:

Spoiler

That was also my favorite episode by far, though I've not told my friends who are fans of the games that yet, since they seem to be loving the early eps. Can't say the series is doing much for me yet though. :dontknow:

In terms of translations, Commie seem to be the highest rated by far, so I wouldn't recommend switching. :s: I've not had problems myself; just checking, but you have updated your media player to play 10 bit video, right? All Commie's releases are 10 bit as of this season. :yes:

im playing the 3rd game atm, its pretty similar, anime just feels a bit weird :s-smilie:

dang, didnt know it was 10bit, 10bit doesnt play at all with my current zoom player and mpc, but these commie ones seems playable on mpc for some reason apart from the dodgy pixels at times :s-smilie: i might have to update then but i wana keep zoomplayer :sad: the new cccp dont have zoom player anymore :hmpf:

oh is your av from fate/zero? most epic anime av ive seen for a while :gunfire:

vin did you quote me? :lolwut:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2223
Original post by eugenius 8

not as keen on the 2nd Galactic heroes OP & ED as the 1st ones ..but the OP has someone who looks like joseph stalin in it :shock:
just watched the Clannad Kyou arc :cry2: gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside in the end :cute: i want more Clannad :puppyeyes: hearing the soundtrack again was so nice :love:

Spoiler

I'm actually embarrassed to say that I nearly cried when watching clannad after story.

Spoiler

Original post by The Cornerstone

I'm actually embarrassed to say that I nearly cried when watching clannad after story.

Spoiler

You'd have to be some sort of kantian robot not to, almost, break into tears with Clannad After Story :sadnod:
Original post by Facticity
You'd have to be some sort of kantian robot not to, almost, break into tears with Clannad After Story :sadnod:

Yeah, I usually don't watch this kind of drama stuff whether it's anime or normal films and when I do, I usually cringe or show no emotion to it:tongue:. So this was something else.
I've spent a large part of this evening/night putting together screenshots for another Identify the Anime thread, since the last one seemed to go down well, but was quite short lived. I've gone with the theme of Fantasy this time, mostly to narrow down the choices a bit, so that I wasn't picking from 1000s of possible shows. :p: I've also scrapped the previous method of throwing in an easy round, a hard round and sorting the rest by age, in favor of 5 different groups sorted by 'how well known they are' (which I've estimated by the number of people who've marked them as watched on A-P, for want of a better method), with anime of a wide range of ages in each. Hopefully that way people will be able to get some right from at least the first three/four groups, since last time there were complaints from people not having watched the most recent and/or older stuff. Finally, I'm not bothering with a beginner round this time, since posting DBZ and Naruto screenshots again would be like giving away free points; however, to balance it out the anime in the final group won't be as obscure as before (i.e this time I didn't deliberately find some shows where only the first ep had been subbed :giggle:).

I won't post the thread tonight though, as it is late and I am tired. :yawn:
(edited 12 years ago)

Spoiler

well i bawled like a baby :colondollar:
Reply 2229
I won't post the thread tonight though, as it is late and I am tired. :yawn:

Looking forward to this, AJ. :smile: I was actually thinking about compiling another contest of my own, except this time you'll have to guess where the scene/video is from. I'll deliberately obscure the visual by zooming into the character's eyes or maybe the background terrain, so you'll have to rely on the audio a lot more than you would normally. Some would be obvious, others not so much. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while. My only reluctance is whether this forum is active enough to warrant the effort. :redface:
Identify the Anime 2 - Fantasy is now up and running. :smile:

Original post by Aiko
Looking forward to this, AJ. :smile: I was actually thinking about compiling another contest of my own, except this time you'll have to guess where the scene/video is from. I'll deliberately obscure the visual by zooming into the character's eyes or maybe the background terrain, so you'll have to rely on the audio a lot more than you would normally. Some would be obvious, others not so much. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while. My only reluctance is whether this forum is active enough to warrant the effort. :redface:

This one probably won't pose as much of a challenge to you or Cara as the last one (and that's not saying much really, is it? :o:), since I've lowered the gaps between the first group (which I feel was too easy last time) and the last (which was too hard). It'll be harder for newbies and easier for those who've seen a lot as a result - I've largely catered for those in the middle. :yes:

Your contest sounds like a lot of fun, but also sounds difficult to set up. I'd definitely give it a go, as I'm sure would the rest of the (semi) active members of the soc. Quality over quantity, right? :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2231
This one probably won't pose as much of a challenge to you or Cara as the last one (and that's not saying much really, is it? :o:), since I've lowered the gaps between the first group (which I feel was too easy last time) and the last (which was too hard). It'll be harder for newbies and easier for those who've seen a lot as a result - I've largely catered for those in the middle. :yes:

I found the last one infuriately irritating (but in a good way) because I spent the large majority of the evening mulling over a few I could recognise/identify but couldn't pinpoint immediately. And yes, it's good to strike a balance, definitely. :yes:

As for your latest thread, I think I'll hold off answering until more people have participated. :tongue:

Your contest sounds like a lot of fun, but also sounds difficult to set up. I'd definitely give it a go, as I'm sure would the rest of the (semi) active members of the soc. Quality over quantity, right? :p:

Aha, of course. Well, I'll start putting mine together now and will wait until your thread comes to a close. :smile:
Reply 2232
Full place listings for the european cosplay finals are now up for anyone who's interested:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=252329698148125&set=a.245737812140647.55690.222452187802543&type=3&theater

Also found the profiles for the 2 UK entries:

http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/view/50526

http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/view/39050

Probably a bit late now as they were 2 weeks ago :o: but just managed to find them
Reply 2233
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai is surprisingly becoming one of my favourites of the season, especially now that the characters have been introduced properly. The quirky and original humour is really amusing, as is the antics they get up to each week. However, the series still allows for some character development and background, not to mention the much welcomed romance. In this respect, Kodaka has quite possibly the most eccentric harem seen in anime. :giggle: It helps that he's likeable too (his brotherly affection and care for his very cute sister is a big contributing factor).
Yozora is so mean :unimpressed:

kinda reminds me of vin :mmm:
Does anyone know a site where I can watch fate/stay night without having problems with popblockers and whatnot? Cant seem to find a good one.
Reply 2236
Reading Onani Master Kurosawa. (Fap Note, for lack of a better description).

Spoiler

Also, Fate/Zero. Enjoyed it, as per. Honestly wish that ufotable could get the rights to Heaven's Feel and animate that route of FSN, rather than DEEN do another adaptation. Guilty Crown was enjoyable too. Still need to catch up on Ika Musume and iDOLM@STER.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2237

Yozora is so mean :unimpressed:

kinda reminds me of vin :mmm:

who is that :puppyeyes:
Reply 2238
Original post by vin
who is that :puppyeyes:

A haughty school girl who was something of a tomboy when she was younger (an understatement) and who takes pleasure teasing/bullying another character. :tongue:
Reply 2239
Does anyone know a site where I can watch fate/stay night without having problems with popblockers and whatnot? Cant seem to find a good one.

What browser do you use? I know for Firefox you can get a pop-up blocker add on called AdBlock Plus. That'd solve your problems straight away I should think. Also try googling anime and links.... :ninja:
Original post by Tabris
Reading Onani Master Kurosawa. (Fap Note, for lack of a better description).

Spoiler

Also, Fate/Zero. Enjoyed it, as per. Honestly wish that ufotable could get the rights to Heaven's Feel and animate that route of FSN, rather than DEEN do another adaptation. Guilty Crown was enjoyable too. Still need to catch up on Ika Musume and iDOLM@STER.

Fap Note is quite :lolwut: :wtf: but the ending is really sweet :biggrin: glad someone had the balls to read through it. It's worth it imo :smile:

Latest