The Student Room Group

Business and Management applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by naomimcx
Hey! Am an international student applying for business management in the UK

My AS grades were quite average- AABBC (C for biology) and I'm not quite sure what my predicted grades were...

I just sent my application today and I applied to:

St Andrews (AAA)
Loughborough (AAB)
Manchester (AAB)
Edinburgh (BBB)
Sheffield (AAB)

Anyone applying to St Andrews? :smile:

edinburgh?what course? can't believa that edinburgh have got so low entry reqs
Reply 61
Original post by wiz_khalifa
edinburgh?what course? can't believa that edinburgh have got so low entry reqs

Edinburgh's grade requirements are pretty standard at BBB for all subjects excluding Medicine and Geography. I'm applying for International Business with a language.
Reply 62
Hey everyone, applied for Bus Management, predicted AAA, I've applied for:
Bath (AAA)
Exeter (AAA-AAB)
Cardiff (AAB)
Swansea (BBB)
& Warwick (A*AA) But i'll never get in because they want an A at GCSE for maths & I got a B. Not even sure i'll get in at Bath because I don't have maths to offer at A-Level either :frown: oh well, Cardiff has recently become around 15th in UK for business (I live in Wales) & exeter's around 10th so i'd be really happy to get into either of those [:
Original post by JustSmile.
Hey everyone, applied for Bus Management, predicted AAA, I've applied for:
Bath (AAA)
Exeter (AAA-AAB)
Cardiff (AAB)
Swansea (BBB)
& Warwick (A*AA) But i'll never get in because they want an A at GCSE for maths & I got a B. Not even sure i'll get in at Bath because I don't have maths to offer at A-Level either :frown: oh well, Cardiff has recently become around 15th in UK for business (I live in Wales) & exeter's around 10th so i'd be really happy to get into either of those [:

What did you think of Swansea? I loved the uni but I didn't go to the talk about the course as I went to the media studies one instead. Did you go to the open day? What do you think of the course?
Reply 64
I live in Swansea haha, its a pretty amazing place student wise, I mean you have the beach & everyone is really lovely. I missed the open day :frown: but reading up about the course it sounded good, its a shame it doesn't do the extra year industry experience though which 3 other of my choices do, but it really is a nice university and I'd be really happy to go there [:
Reply 65
predicted ; AA already have a B in geography
applied to queen mary, brunel, westminster, middlesex & greenwich
got an offer from greenwich
i see people have applied to kings with AAB which makes me think i shud have?
and i regret not applying to UCL :frown:(
Predicted: AAA
Applying: Leicester (twice) - AAB, Sheffield - ABB, Essex - ABB, Hertfordshire - 300 points.
Leicester is 100% my firm if I get an offer! Uni's good + the student life is banging! have to get in (yn)
Reply 67
Hello everyone,
on 2012 I'll finish the gymnasium where I'm learning in. After that, I need to find the place to self-realization, and I do think that studies in the UK could be the best choice. However, everything seems to hard for me - to choose courses, universities.. It's harder especially when English is my second language and I'm from the small country of the Eastern European - Lithuania. After a long time of thinking who I am and who I want to be, I almost decide to link my future with Business Management. I'm thinking of these universities:
Manchester,
Aberdeen,
Sheffield,
Essex,
London Metropolitan.
But actually it's hard for me to understand the level of these universities, and my possibilities to get in them, because I don't know how to convert my grades into your system.
Thus, it would really pleasure to get profitable advices on these universities or to get suggestions of other universities. By the way, I have got many other questions about studies in UK, so if anyone is able to answer I would be really thankful.
Have a nice day:smile:
Reply 68
Original post by saullelle
Hello everyone,
on 2012 I'll finish the gymnasium where I'm learning in. After that, I need to find the place to self-realization, and I do think that studies in the UK could be the best choice. However, everything seems to hard for me - to choose courses, universities.. It's harder especially when English is my second language and I'm from the small country of the Eastern European - Lithuania. After a long time of thinking who I am and who I want to be, I almost decide to link my future with Business Management. I'm thinking of these universities:
Manchester,
Aberdeen,
Sheffield,
Essex,
London Metropolitan.
But actually it's hard for me to understand the level of these universities, and my possibilities to get in them, because I don't know how to convert my grades into your system.
Thus, it would really pleasure to get profitable advices on these universities or to get suggestions of other universities. By the way, I have got many other questions about studies in UK, so if anyone is able to answer I would be really thankful.
Have a nice day:smile:

I really wouldn't apply to london metropolitan, it has a pretty bad reputation in the UK
Reply 69
Original post by scaredofexams
What business courses are AAB or ABB - I don't want to just apply for AAA or BBB. I'm really not sure about Swansea :s-smilie: I really want the industry placement!

the swansea course is meant to be good! It's a great city, amazing night life you'll love it. My friends in 1st year doing business management & economics and he loves it so far
Hello. New to this!
Just got an offer from Greenwich to do Advertising and Marketing Communications
Was just wondering if anyone had offers from
Westminster to do Marketing Communications
Or Brunel and Roehampton to do Business and Management
Or Hertfordshire to do Business Joint Honours
Original post by kimbradbury
Hello. New to this!
Just got an offer from Greenwich to do Advertising and Marketing Communications
Was just wondering if anyone had offers from
Westminster to do Marketing Communications
Or Brunel and Roehampton to do Business and Management
Or Hertfordshire to do Business Joint Honours

No I haven't but I was really interested in the course :biggrin: What are your predicted grades and what offer did you get?
:smile:I got an offer from Greenwich
and I'm predicted ABC
what did you apply for and what were you predicted?

No I haven't but I was really interested in the course :biggrin: What are your predicted grades and what offer did you get?

I got an offer from Greenwich
and I'm predicted ABC
what did you apply for and what were you predicted?
Offer from Leicester AAB (Got it last week, but forgot to update this thread)

:colondollar:
Original post by Sophie1805
Offer from Leicester AAB (Got it last week, but forgot to update this thread)

:colondollar:

That's brilliant, Leicester is great for business. What were your predicted grades?
Sent my application off yesterday and got an offer from Leicester for Management Studies With Politics within hours!! :smile:
That's brilliant, Leicester is great for business. What were your predicted grades?

Predicted AAAB. How about you? Are you applying at the mo? :redface:
Reply 78
got an offer from sheffield to do business management at ABB.... happy days
Reply 79
Had offers from City, Leeds and Nottingham to do Management :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending