The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know when the Thai/American (?) applicants are sitting their aptitude tests? :s-smilie: Seeing as the threads are still locked, it seems really short notice for tutors to mark their exams
Reply 5781
Original post by calamitysarah
The little donkey can be called Harry though :redface:
I'm quite excited for Christmas this year, How great would it be to get an offer from Oxford just before it?

I'm quite looking forward to it too :smile: Although the thought of possible interviews/offers/rejections makes me want time to slow down though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Doojam
I'm quite looking forward to it too :smile: The though of possible interviews/offers/rejections makes me want time to slow down though.

Really? If I was rejected I'd rather know sooner so I could stop panicking about it / move on..
fingers crossed most of us will get interviews though :smile:

Original post by punctuation
Best not to get your hopes up until at least 20th of November, as many people from last year's thread had theirs about the the 26th of November.

that's less than two weeks away :O
Original post by calamitysarah

that's less than two weeks away :O

I have a huge philosophy final paper due about that time :facepalm: Oh well, I don't have to worry I guess? And if I get an interview then I have one less paper to worry about too
Reply 5784
For a UK applicant... does the "summoned for interview" notice come up on UCAS Track or will it always be a letter (or even an email) from your college?

Cheers
Original post by Maxm79
For a UK applicant... does the "summoned for interview" notice come up on UCAS Track or will it always be a letter (or even an email) from your college?

Cheers

It's only a letter or email. :smile: UCAS has nothing to do with it.
Original post by Maxm79

Cheers

It won't show up on Track, some colleges email, some send a letter usually towards the end of November.
Original post by Grenville
It won't show up on Track, some colleges email, some send a letter usually towards the end of November.

Then what's the point of Track . . .?:confused:
Original post by manic_fuzz
What!? :eek: I'm more innocent than the Virgin Mary

:colonhash:

Fun fact. Mary wasn't a virgin. :eek: It was a mistranslation.
Original post by DreamingSpires
Then what's the point of Track . . .?:confused:

To track your offers... UCAS doesn't take part in the in-between process.

There are other unis besides Oxford :tongue:
Fun fact. Mary wasn't a virgin. :eek: It was a mistranslation.

The harlot! :eek3:

I bet God was good in bed :sexface:
Original post by manic_fuzz
The harlot! :eek3:

I bet God was good in bed :sexface:

God is also a mistranslation. His real name is the Almighty Lord of Everything, Master of the Multiverse, the Righteous, Omnipotent Steve.
To track your offers... UCAS doesn't take part in the in-between process.

There are other unis besides Oxford :tongue:

A map of the world.
Original post by medbh4805
Are you for real? :lolwut: Ofc she was joking.

so you're trying to defend her... that or you all are just the same.

I stopped watching this thread. you can joke whatever way you like, I won't post in this thread anymore unless necessary.

Clearly not, where is Cambridge? We can't have Oxford without Cambridge, and vice versa. It's like good vs. evil (Cam being evil, of course).

On the subject of God... would anyone like to discuss the three traditional proofs for the existence of God? Or, if we're feeling lazy, the ontological proof (i.e. a priori)? :biggrin:
Original post by desy.kris
so you're trying to defend her... that or you all are just the same.

I stopped watching this thread. you can joke whatever way you like, I won't post in this thread anymore unless necessary.

Desy, I think you misinterpreted the meaning of her statement. We're not trying to gang up against you. I think we should drop the subject and talk about other things, yes?
God is also a mistranslation. His real name is the Almighty Lord of Everything, Master of the Multiverse, the Righteous, Omnipotent Steve.

:K:

:rofl:
Clearly not, where is Cambridge? We can't have Oxford without Cambridge, and vice versa. It's like good vs. evil (Cam being evil, of course).

I'm not so sure about that. The evil people always have more fun, and obviously, we're all just hilarious :evil:
So who's read all the existing literature (e.g. prospectuses, TSR threads, etc.) regarding Ox, their course, their college, etc.? *raises hand*

Okay well maybe not ALL, but a lot... :colondollar: Yes I am very bored.

Chatting with uni reps was already very awkward...

Me: So... I'll be applying for psych at your uni
Them: Oh, great, well you know... blah blah
Me: Yeah
Them: You have to submit a UCAS application-
Me: I already did
Them: ... oh. Okay. Cool. Any questions...?
Me: Uh... no. I don't think so. Bye

:tongue:
On the subject of God... would anyone like to discuss the three traditional proofs for the existence of God? Or, if we're feeling lazy, the ontological proof (i.e. a priori)? :biggrin:

The ontological argument is a lazy proof... "I can imagine that there's a supremely perfect being. Therefore there must be one. And we call him God."

Huh? I can imagine a supremely salty pretzel, but I'm not praying to the Snyder's of Hanover Deity.

Latest

Trending

Trending