The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ben-smith
definitely do Fmaths and Physics.
*Physics is awesome*

Lol then what about the forth? Even if i only do it to AS should it be somehow maths related?
Reply 3121
definitely do Fmaths and Physics.
*Physics is awesome*

Physics is an appallingly boring a-level.
Original post by Zuzuzu

Original post by Zuzuzu

Agreed :yep:
Original post by OHNOGEM
he said to check it with the unis but there websites are soo confusing :s

maths. further maths. physics and theatre studies....sounds nice :colone:
Original post by jameswhughes
It's very good, I'm really enjoying it here :colone:

thats good....how many hours of lectures do you have weekly and is the work really alot? :eek:
Original post by deejayy

Original post by deejayy
Why did hills reject you? You are more than clever enough to get in, is it because you live quite far away perhaps?

Well, yes, I live far away (on the Essex side of the Essex-Cambridgeshire border) and I wasn't making a too brilliant application applying to study Double Maths with only an A in GCSE Maths and no intention to resit. I just didn't quite make the grade.
Original post by OHNOGEM
Bit off topic- but i dont no what A levels to chooose! I want to do maths degree; so Maths and FM is a must. As for the other 2, i dont take any languages and i hate english, science is soo much work and the only appealing ones are computing and theatre studies;(
but they arent really 'preferred!! Amd ive got a few more weeks to decide... Help?

Physics is considered a very good subject to have if you are going for a maths degree. All A-levels are a lot of work.

Alternatively, if your school teaches economics, that's also a fairly well respected subject :smile:
Original post by Rahul.S

Original post by Rahul.S
thats good....how many hours of lectures do you have weekly and is the work really alot? :eek:

15 and yes, there's a lot of work :s-smilie:
Original post by OHNOGEM
i reeeeally wanna go to Warwick! And i do reeeeally enjoy them lol!
Maybe if i choose a science and one of them?

Well if you want to go to Warwick you need an A level in further maths....
Ok well do either science or business or both if you like........but computing would also be useful :smile:
Original post by Rahul.S
loooooool read your posts that you haven't heard back from Homerton...same here :frown: Trinity are on a rejecting massacre....seen 10 kids get rejected so far! guess not hearing from Trinity during this period is a blessing :cool: :colone:

If Homerton reject me its gonna be a 64 bar ting for them.

How many cats worth of modules did you pick, I've heard you can take ALOT! *_*
Original post by Zuzuzu

Each to their own. Granted, it would be better if they actually made people at least take AS maths so that they can do some proper quantitative stuff.
I think Physics is really interesting anyway so I think the occasional rubbish chapter is a price worth paying.
I can't wait to get to university and do Physics properly.

nice.....i heard the girl:boy ratio in warwick is insanely high....is that true? if it is....how many girls have you drawn if any? :colone:
Original post by Jampolo
If Homerton reject me its gonna be a 64 bar ting for them.

same....either it will be a 64 for Oxford or Cambridge :colone:
Original post by Rahul.S

Original post by Rahul.S
nice.....i heard the girl:boy ratio in warwick is insanely high....is that true? if it is....how many girls have you drawn if any? :colone:

I'm not sure about that...don't know about the entire university, but for maths there's certainly a lot more boys than girls...I haven't got any yet either :colone:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple

Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
How many cats worth of modules did you pick, I've heard you can take ALOT! *_*

150. It is recommended that you 'overcat' as it boosts your mark (this goes both ways, if you 'undercat' your mark will be lowered)
Each to their own. Granted, it would be better if they actually made people at least take AS maths so that they can do some proper quantitative stuff.
I think Physics is really interesting anyway so I think the occasional rubbish chapter is a price worth paying.
I can't wait to get to university and do Physics properly.

Same here :biggrin:

Did anyone do the physics olympiad?
Original post by TheMagicMan
Same here :biggrin:

Did anyone do the physics olympiad?

My friends did. Did you?
My friends did. Did you?

Yeah :colondollar:

There were like 50 of us at my school: they kind of sprang it on us earlier this week.
Original post by TheMagicMan
Yeah :colondollar:

There were like 50 of us at my school: they kind of sprang it on us earlier this week.

In general, how was it?
Was there something about estimating the number of stars in the universe?

Latest