The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6820
Original post by fiona_x
I don't really need this thread anymore - we broke up last night :/

:hugs::hugs: I'm sorry to hear that.
Reply 6821
I'm feeling a bit down... I told him we should stop contact for a while, yet he comes up with an excuse every day...and now we've been talking for the last 3 days... :frown: I hate myself :frown: for being so weak and unable to not reply :frown:
talking to him gives me hope we can try again, and there I stand, waiting for him to reply to my text, there I am, back at this....procrastinating the things I should do, whilst he's on vacation having fun and just carelessly texting me now and then...I'm so stupid :frown:

I'm sorry guys, I realise that this is not the right forum for posting this... Really sorry, I wish I could delete it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6822
Its not a bad place to post... part of this society is helping people when things don't turn out the way they'd hoped. If i was you try and block his number, block him on fb or any other sites. Send him one final message saying although you'd like to be friends (only if this is the case) you can't right now and need some time away from him.

Then focus on you, take up a new hobby, go out with friends whatever you want. Put yourself first!
Reply 6823
Original post by 22KT22
:hugs::hugs: I'm sorry to hear that.

Thankyou, it's all happened so quickly I still feel a bit shocked.

Any tips on how to get over someone, anyone?
Reply 6824
Original post by fiona_x
Thankyou, it's all happened so quickly I still feel a bit shocked.

Any tips on how to get over someone, anyone?

I think the advice i suggested for the above poster is all i can offer. Cut all contact for the time being, focus on you and go from there. It will take time, it will hurt but you will get there in the end!
Hi everyone, I have been stalking this thread for a long time but now I've decided to make myself known!

I've been in an LDR for about 2 months now while I'm at Uni and he works 300 miles away. We've been together for about a year already and so while we miss each other loads we have a really secure foundation already and we get on with our lives. We're managing to visit each other 1/2 times a month as well so it's not that bad - you just have to look forward to those times and not look at the big picture of the next two years lol.
Reply 6826
Long story short,

Have a flight booked for Monday to see my gf.

For 3 days she has ignored my calls / texts.

What do I do?

Do I fly all the way to her and hope she is there, has she been kidnapped? lost her phone?

Oh I don't know what to do. Help please.
Reply 6827
Original post by T.I.
Long story short,

Have a flight booked for Monday to see my gf.

For 3 days she has ignored my calls / texts.

What do I do?

Do I fly all the way to her and hope she is there, has she been kidnapped? lost her phone?

Oh I don't know what to do. Help please.

Do you have the contact of anyone who is with her? Did she mention she would be going anywhere, or what she would be doing?
Reply 6828
Original post by kat91s
Do you have the contact of anyone who is with her? Did she mention she would be going anywhere, or what she would be doing?

Oh, she has just text me saying how she is ok but really really tired and she shall explain to me on Monday, now im even more curiouse!

She had been to a nearby town to where she lives with a friend (last i had heard from her).
Reply 6829
Original post by T.I.
Oh, she has just text me saying how she is ok but really really tired and she shall explain to me on Monday, now im even more curiouse!

She had been to a nearby town to where she lives with a friend (last i had heard from her).

Good to hear she is ok! Sounds like you can go ahead with your flights then, have a fun trip :smile:

Reminds me of the time when my boyfriend's last text was something like 'Just arrived in Lake District, we're doing some really high and scary climbs today!' and when I didn't hear from him for the rest of the four days he was away, I just had to pray it was the signal and not that he'd fallen off a 200m rock face somewhere! :rolleyes:
Reply 6830
Original post by kat91s
Good to hear she is ok! Sounds like you can go ahead with your flights then, have a fun trip :smile:

Reminds me of the time when my boyfriend's last text was something like 'Just arrived in Lake District, we're doing some really high and scary climbs today!' and when I didn't hear from him for the rest of the four days he was away, I just had to pray it was the signal and not that he'd fallen off a 200m rock face somewhere! :rolleyes:

I am struggleing to think of reasons why she couldnt have contacted me for the last few days though.

Can you think of any?

She has credit and signal.
Reply 6831
Original post by T.I.
I am struggleing to think of reasons why she couldnt have contacted me for the last few days though.

Can you think of any?

She has credit and signal.
Try not to worry about it. She says she has an explaination, so it's probably fine!
Reply 6832
I kind of feel I should make a post to celebrate... this weekend I've passed the halfway mark from last seeing my boyfriend until the next time we're together! 6 weeks gone, 6 more weeks to go! :tongue:

I know it's not the end, but I still can't wait. :smile:
Original post by kat91s
I kind of feel I should make a post to celebrate... this weekend I've passed the halfway mark from last seeing my boyfriend until the next time we're together! 6 weeks gone, 6 more weeks to go! :tongue:

I know it's not the end, but I still can't wait. :smile:

That's amazing! It's good to celebrate! :smile:
Hi guysss :smile:

I've not been in a LDR long - just since I started uni (so 8 weeks) my boyfriend and I had only been together about 2 and a half months when I left.
But since I've been away, the relationship has just died for me. Sometimes I forget I even have a boyfriend (not like I go out cheating and stuff! just i forget in conversation)

He's so... blah about everything and he's always like 'oh im so jealous of you actually doing something i hate my job i hate my life' and it just makes me think 'well do it then!' wegufjukwe
do you know what I mean?

Argh I'm stressed over it :frown:
About to go to bed very annoyed and angry with my boyfriend, who is now well over an hour late for our planned Skype conversation. He last messaged me about 3 hours ago to say he would be there, and now he has left me waiting with no indication why?

I've already sent enough messages saying 'let me know' so I am not going to send any more. I feel so let down because we never get to talk because of the time difference, and I stayed up late especially and now he's stood me up.

I know I should wait to hear the reason, but at times like this I just feel so far away from him and like this distance will never work. I feel like I don't even have a boyfriend. What should I do?? :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
About to go to bed very annoyed and angry with my boyfriend, who is now well over an hour late for our planned Skype conversation. He last messaged me about 3 hours ago to say he would be there, and now he has left me waiting with no indication why?

I've already sent enough messages saying 'let me know' so I am not going to send any more. I feel so let down because we never get to talk because of the time difference, and I stayed up late especially and now he's stood me up.

I know I should wait to hear the reason, but at times like this I just feel so far away from him and like this distance will never work. I feel like I don't even have a boyfriend. What should I do?? :frown:

Well I got my explaination. He lost track of time and forgot. To even let me know.
I'm halfway through my LDR roughly (it being my 5 year medical course)!

Yay! That's ~30 months to go, with some short distance over holidays (maybe a few months total). It's hard though, I'm scared it will fail, because I love him so much, I want to marry him, I want to live with him now!

Still we've got this far without any sign of failure, to the great frustration and distress of TSR's resident LDR critics (meanies).
Reply 6838
Original post by Anonymous
Well I got my explaination. He lost track of time and forgot. To even let me know.

wow... not the kind of excuse i'd be happy with.. :s-smilie:
starting to treat my boyfriend wrong.. having a go at him for anything, complaining.. i think its cause im worried hell dump me cause of the distance.. Sometimes it doesnt phase me and we have amazing chats, then suddenly BAM my ass hole of a mind kicks in and i complain about anything, its not like we dont want to be with each other, ive admitted im insecure - i said ill try not to be - havent been for a few days - feels great. he admitted hes not soppy - i asked if he can try to be soppy again so it helps calm my nobbiness down so i know hes not lost all feelings for me like my mind likes to tell me.. i have a random go at him about his best friend whos his ex - the ex word ALWAYS is mentioned cause idk why i just worry hell get bak with her (were both gay btw.) ino its stupid. I love him so much its just so annoying that i can think all this stuff, earlier i sent him "hate texts" having a go at him for ignoring me on fb but all he did was to find something in the kitchen :L Im just so niggly, ive been open with him with everything i feel, so has he, i feel better for a few days then BAM i dont.. I just need tips to stop this so we can go back to the way we was before he left.. I have a feeling soon as he comes back - i see him that ill feel better with him cause i know we got through the 3 months and can do 2 months more.. but i dont want it to take 3 months of falling out to feel that.. i want it like. now. so i might have to bite my tongue but could do with some tips! instead of him being the nob its now me! hes stopped and ive took over!

Latest

Trending

Trending