The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Hey everyone,

I'm currently filling my GS application form and for the cover letter section it states "Please state your spring dates in the cover letter box below". Does this mean i have to fit the start and end date of the spring week program into the 300 words?

Also where can I find the exact dates? I mean i found them for this year, but I am not really sure what they are next year.

Thanks/.
Reply 361
Original post by DeBoris
Hey everyone,

I'm currently filling my GS application form and for the cover letter section it states "Please state your spring dates in the cover letter box below". Does this mean i have to fit the start and end date of the spring week program into the 300 words?

Also where can I find the exact dates? I mean i found them for this year, but I am not really sure what they are next year.

Thanks/.

I thought it meant what dates your Easter holidays are?
Reply 362
Yeah it makes sense, thanks.
Reply 363
Is the BoAML careers site working for anyone? Tried with 3 browsers and it won't load...
Hi I want to ask for RBS spring week do we get something like a mentor and buddy as is the case with the summer internship.
Original post by jack_the_ripper
Hi I want to ask for RBS spring week do we get something like a mentor and buddy as is the case with the summer internship.

You get what they like to call your 'owner'. They'll give you a collar to wear and have a leash that comes with it.

Happy interning.
Original post by Marc Fiorano
You get what they like to call your 'owner'. They'll give you a collar to wear and have a leash that comes with it.

Happy interning.

Funny, any real answer?
Original post by jack_the_ripper

why do you ask? do you have an offer?
How many SW in total is everyone applying to? I've got 13 so far but I might of missed some!
Original post by woods.vanessa
How many SW in total is everyone applying to? I've got 13 so far but I might of missed some!

Yes thats how many i have as well, I'm more or less ready to send my JP Morgan app off as well

I'm pretty sure i'll be going for less than that. I've been headhutned by a company and they want me to go for DB, MS,GS, UBS, JPM, and BC. I will definitely go for those. If I can do more then I will but I think researching 13 companies and dealing with technical questions, keeping up to date with the markets and my degree will be a bit too much for me. I don't need the aggravation tbh.
Reply 371
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I'm pretty sure i'll be going for less than that. I've been headhutned by a company and they want me to go for DB, MS,GS, UBS, JPM, and BC. I will definitely go for those. If I can do more then I will but I think researching 13 companies and dealing with technical questions, keeping up to date with the markets and my degree will be a bit too much for me. I don't need the aggravation tbh.

Are you having a laugh, (R.R.)?
(edited 12 years ago)
I've been headhutned by a company

:rofl:
You're too ****ing much man :rofl: Got to hand it to you, that truly had me in fits of laughter!

What does that mean? But yeah I guess focusing on less makes sense depends if I have time really but getting a spring week at any of the banks you've mentioned would be great! I really want an MS one :biggrin:
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Yes thats how many i have as well, I'm more or less ready to send my JP Morgan app off as well

Good luck with their numerical I've heard its hard!
Original post by Xenomorph v2.1
:rofl:
You're too ****ing much man :rofl: Got to hand it to you, that truly had me in fits of laughter!

Well it's true THEY contacted ME . According to wikipedia: Headhunter is an informal name for an employment recruiter, sometimes referred to as executive searcher.

What does that mean? But yeah I guess focusing on less makes sense depends if I have time really but getting a spring week at any of the banks you've mentioned would be great! I really want an MS one :biggrin:

I was contacted by a company..they took me out to dinner and told me about what they could offer me etc.
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh right well done then :smile: Hopefully we all get a spring week!

Hahahaha a company headhunting someone who's applying for spring weeks a.k.a has not even worked in the financial world yet. Love the trolling.

I was contacted by a company..they took me out to dinner and told me about what they could offer me etc.

lol I was thinking you've been quite alright with your posts lately which was a pleasant surprise I must say.

I should have known this sort of stuff was due soon enough. Lucky guy, you're probably the only person in the country who gets wined and dined by headhunters for the sake of a spring internship :rolleyes:
Good luck with their numerical I've heard its hard!

I'd be damned if i fail it as I'm studying Maths at Uni :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending