The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8980
Original post by laurie:)
bear in mind that the people on tsr are most likely not people but genius cyborgs sent from aliens above to force us wee humans to doubt ourselves :tongue: biggest tip (which i really should follow as well) is never to compare yourself to tsr :biggrin:

the thing i don't like about the mmi is that yeah, if you mess up, you can move on - but i can see myself getting downhearted from one station and never picking myself up from it, whereas in a traditional interview you're kind of forced to recover and make the interviewer see how
amazing you are, in mmi's you rely on first impressions
which arent always correct.

I know there can be trolls on here and the standard on tsr is higher but it still gets me. :frown:

I think in mmi you need to go into each subsection completely fresh and forget about what happened at the other station even if you were good because you could get cocky, however in normal interviews if you got destroyed in one question I think it would be much harder to recover on the next question, maybe it's just me.
Original post by rohitbd
I know there can be trolls on here and the standard on tsr is higher but it still gets me. :frown:

I think in mmi you need to go into each subsection completely fresh and forget about what happened at the other station even if you were good because you could get cocky, however in normal interviews if you got destroyed in one question I think it would be much harder to recover on the next question, maybe it's just me.

it happens to all of us :frown: especially now i'm seeing people are getting offers from kings :frown:

one of the main things i don't like about mmi's is that unlike traditional interviews, its quite hard to predict the questions!
Original post by me_myself_and_I
Any idea when Barts will start interviewing ? (:

I think it's around mid-december-ish, but that's a bit of a guess to be honest. It's not far away anyway.

Original post by rohitbd
Wow, that is extremely unfair and stupid by your school, you should deffinately still try and persuade your school to predict you a grade and send it off as a letter to barts as you can never be to safe with a new system.

I'm not that desperate to get it added on, as I've got at least 510 points anyway and for all I know my school may have predicted me something seeing as we don't get to see that part of UCAS for some reason. I need to sort out the presentation soon then I've pretty much finished it. :smile:
Am I the only one who likes BATL's new system?
Original post by ViceVersa

Yes :wink:

I wish they just stuck to the UKCAT system, would have made applying oh so much simpler and more stress-free.
Original post by Normandy114
Yes :wink:

I wish they just stuck to the UKCAT system, would have made applying oh so much simpler and more stress-free.

Yeah it would have for you :rolleyes:
Reply 8986
it happens to all of us :frown: especially now i'm seeing people are getting offers from kings :frown:

one of the main things i don't like about mmi's is that unlike traditional interviews, its quite hard to predict the questions!

Don't worry about people getting interviews at kings, your application pretty much beats my application in every way, I'm sure you'll get in, and I've heard they leave it late for most of the applicants.:console:

On the mmi's I can see your point but then again no one can predict the questions that are going to come up, and its not the person who has rehearsed the best that gets through:smile:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8987

I'm not that desperate to get it added on, as I've got at least 510 points anyway and for all I know my school may have predicted me something seeing as we don't get to see that part of UCAS for some reason. I need to sort out the presentation soon then I've pretty much finished it. :smile:

Fair enough, and wow you have nearly finished while we've only had two lessons already (our school only decided to do it a week before the UCAS deadline).

I do like the new system but only because my school is very supportive and would predict me anything I want,but if like normandy114 and other students whose schools don't predict EP or A*s for some reason I would pretty much hate it.
Original post by rohitbd
I do like the new system but only because my school is very supportive and would predict me anything I want,but if like normandy114 and other students whose schools don't predict EP or A*s for some reason I would pretty much hate it.

I guess if you put it like that..
Yeah it would have for you :rolleyes:

:colone:

What can I say, I'm brilliant at guessing :wink:

Original post by rohitbd
Fair enough, and wow you have nearly finished while we've only had two lessons already (our school only decided to do it a week before the UCAS deadline).

Yeah, so far I've done all the research, evaluated most of it, and written about 3,500 words, and sourced most of it. I've not got much left to do, once you've got the research done and a good plan made it's quite easy to do.

What can I say, I'm brilliant at guessing :wink:

What can I say, I've got brilliant ucas points:rolleyes:
What can I say, I've got brilliant ucas points:rolleyes:

:grumble:
:grumble:

Reply 8993

Yeah, so far I've done all the research, evaluated most of it, and written about 3,500 words, and sourced most of it. I've not got much left to do, once you've got the research done and a good plan made it's quite easy to do.

Lucky you, what was your question on about?
Original post by rohitbd
Lucky you, what was your question on about?

The gist of it is 'Palliative care versus drug-based treatments for motor neuron disease'. It's basically is it a better idea to try to prolong lifespan as long as possible and put funding into research in this area at the cost of side effects and a lower quality of life, or is the preparing for end of life more appropriate, and are palliative treatments good targets for research funding. Quite a sad topic since MND has such a short lifespan (median prognosis from first symptoms is 14 months), but really interesting.

What's yours on?
Reply 8995
Everybodys EPQ seems so medical based compared to mine which is more ethics and philosophy based.
My question was about where our sense of morality comes from.
Reply 8996
The gist of it is 'Palliative care versus drug-based treatments for motor neuron disease'. It's basically is it a better idea to try to prolong lifespan as long as possible and put funding into research in this area at the cost of side effects and a lower quality of life, or is the preparing for end of life more appropriate, and are palliative treatments good targets for research funding. Quite a sad topic since MND has such a short lifespan (median prognosis from first symptoms is 14 months), but really interesting.

What's yours on?

Wow that sounds really interesting, mines quite boring its is, should the taxpayer have to pay for the treatment of addicts?

Original post by Besakt
Everybodys EPQ seems so medical based compared to mine which is more ethics and philosophy based.

I know what you mean but as long as you got something to say in a interview about it it'll be cool.
Original post by Besakt

I love your topic! Really unique :yep:! mine .as about when we will become medical cyborgs and what the effect will be :rolleyes:
Reply 8998

i understand what u mean about Kings. applied there too, no interview and app is still in process. pretty anxious and starting to feel like its gonna be a rejection (huge worry wart here :s-smilie:) but hopefully, we make it. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Why is the med forums so....dead :/

Latest

Trending

Trending