The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2240
this naruto filler is right crap :dry:
Original post by Keoje
What browser do you use? I know for Firefox you can get a pop-up blocker add on called AdBlock Plus. That'd solve your problems straight away I should think. Also try googling anime and links.... :ninja:

Fap Note is quite :lolwut: :wtf: but the ending is really sweet :biggrin: glad someone had the balls to read through it. It's worth it imo :smile:

Yeah, I use firefox, but I think the problem is that I have a popblocker which make the web page ,where there was supposed to be the video, blank. I'll also try anime and links.:tongue:
Currently on a Kimba the White Lion marathon... I feel really lazy, so the simple plotlines and bad dubbing are perfect. :giggle:
Reply 2243
Original post by Keoje

Original post by Keoje
Fap Note is quite :lolwut: :wtf: but the ending is really sweet :biggrin: glad someone had the balls to read through it. It's worth it imo :smile:

The worst thing is that I knew the NTR was coming since that was the whole reason I picked it up in the first place, but I was still raging and giving all of my WHY.

I really enjoyed it though, it makes a nice change from other doujin works that I read and Gantz.

I'm glad it worked out in the end and the sequel LN was the icing on the cake. Kinda wish there was more, but it finished in a good place too.
Reply 2244
Man, Fate/Zero is simply great. I was moderately optimistic when this series first began because I enjoyed Fate/stay night. However, suffice to say, I definitely didn't expect this. Fate/Zero is on an entirely different level.
Persona 4 gets funnier by the minute :rofl2:
Original post by Aiko
Man, Fate/Zero is simply great. I was moderately optimistic when this series first began because I enjoyed Fate/stay night. However, suffice to say, I definitely didn't expect this. Fate/Zero is on an entirely different level.

After seeing what ufotable were capable of with the Kara no Kyoukai movies, I was hopeful they'd be able to do something on a similar level with Fate/Zero despite it being a TV series, and it was easily the series I looked forward to most this year since its announcement. They certainly haven't disappointed!

I also really enjoyed /Stay Night despite its faults, but it looks like a rushed, confusing and shallow mess in comparison. It had nice action scenes, but comparing them to /Zero's seems almost unfair. :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2247
Original post by AngryJellyfish
After seeing what ufotable were capable of with the Kara no Kyoukai movies, I was hopeful they'd be able to do something on a similar level with Fate/Zero despite it being a TV series, and it was easily the series I looked forward to most this year since its announcement. They certainly haven't disappointed!

I also really enjoyed /Stay Night despite its faults, but it looks like a rushed, confusing and shallow mess in comparison. It had nice action scenes, but comparing them to /Zero's seems almost unfair. :redface:

Same, given that the last thing I've seen from them was the Kara no Kyoukai movies, but equally the last television series I watched from them was Manabi Straight! I believe, so I wasn't sure what they'd offer for Fate/Zero. Fortunately, as you've said, they haven't disappointed. :smile:
Reply 2248
Fate/Stay Night was a childrens version in comparison. The adults are showing how its really done here.:teeth:
Original post by Aiko
Same, given that the last thing I've seen from them was the Kara no Kyoukai movies, but equally the last television series I watched from them was Manabi Straight! I believe, so I wasn't sure what they'd offer for Fate/Zero. Fortunately, as you've said, they haven't disappointed. :smile:

Simplistic character designs aside, I thought Manabi Straight was pretty well animated, certainly an intermediate step between their earlier works (which didn't stand out much production-wise) and their current high standard.

Reply 2250
gundam age 06:hmmm:

Spoiler

Reply 2251
Simplistic character designs aside, I thought Manabi Straight was pretty well animated, certainly an intermediate step between their earlier works (which didn't stand out much production-wise) and their current high standard.

I think, in my fairly ignorant way, that there's a lot to be said for simplistic character designs, sometimes -- you can do more with them. But it's a long time since I saw Manabi Straight, and all I remember is being pleasantly surprised by the sudden eruption of something like politics into the school.
Reply 2252
Original post by Aiko

Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate level? :excited:
Original post by QHF
I think, in my fairly ignorant way, that there's a lot to be said for simplistic character designs, sometimes -- you can do more with them. But it's a long time since I saw Manabi Straight, and all I remember is being pleasantly surprised by the sudden eruption of something like politics into the school.

I'm not complaining about simple character designs in general, I like them. I'm just saying that in Manabi Straight! there's some pretty awesome animation hiding behind that deceptive simplicity (if memory serves). I remember being impressed at the time at least. I also agree with you that there was a lot more actual school council/political stuff going on than in other series with similar settings, definitely a good thing.

Original post by Keoje

Surely that would make it terrible and excellent at the same time? :p: Definitely closer to Steins;Gate level. :giggle:

[EDIT] I suppose one thing Fate/Zero is missing is ufotable's signature claymation ED sequence... probably for the best in this case, but I hope they'll bring it back for any later, less serious series they produce. :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2254
Original post by Keoje

Original post by Keoje

surely thats not a good thing:wtf:
Reply 2255

I wasn't referring so much to the production quality of Manabi Straight because, as you've stated, it wasn't that bad; rather the animation style itself in account of its genre. :yes:

Original post by Keoje

Um, while different, definitely comparable in terms of quality to the latter. :tongue:
Reply 2256
:sad: That second Gurren Lagann film. Alot skipped, but the new stuff added.:lolwut: Very entertaining.:laugh: In the end the main feelings of the series got through.:cry2:

Spoiler

I've lost patience with Underwater subs for Ika-Musume, but despite my usual avoidance of anything overly localized, there's just something nice about the squid puns. :o: So I'll be giving AQUA a go as opposed to FFFpeeps. :yes: I'm also having to be patient with Horizon (Hadena make an already confusing series incomprehensible) and Phi Brain (SubDESU, I don't want you in my legs either).
Reply 2258
Anyone know if theres a 720p file for gundam unicorn 04 out anywhere? ive got a sub file just not the actual episode.:s-smilie:
Reply 2259
I meant like the jump from C;H to S;G level in awesome-ness :tongue:

Latest