The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Philosoraptor
Well unless you're coming round to visit, I don't see any need for me to buy knickers :wink:

Would the knickers be for you or for me? :wink:
Original post by No Future
Would the knickers be for you or for me? :wink:

Whatever you're into babes, as long as you're funny and pretty it's on like donkey kong....

On it like a car bonnet....

Going down like China Town...

etc :smile:
it's on like donkey kong....

On it like a car bonnet....

Going down like China Town...

etc :smile:

You have such a way with words. You have taken my breath away.

:s-smilie:

as long as you're funny and pretty

You'll have to find out
(edited 12 years ago)
The **** just happened?
I think they're pretty much giving each other the internet equivalent of a chat up.
You have such a way with words. You have taken my breath away.

:s-smilie:

You'll have to find out

Hahah reminds me of the best chat up line (read:worst) I've ever heard being used between medics.

"I hope you've got your inhaler with you because I'm gonna take your breath away"

(I can confirm this did not succeed :p:)
Hahah reminds me of the best chat up line (read:worst) I've ever heard being used between medics.

"I hope you've got your inhaler with you because I'm gonna take your breath away"

(I can confirm this did not succeed :p:)

"My adductor isn't the only thing that's longus"
"My adductor isn't the only thing that's longus"

Ahahahahah :rofl:

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."

:frown:
Ahahahahah :rofl:

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."

:frown:

Baby, you're so hot, you denature my proteins :wink:
Baby, you're so hot, you denature my proteins :wink:

We should probably move this to writing messages on profiles before we get warnings lol. Apologies all....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to medicy stuff - is anyone good at prescription charts - I'm having problems with acute asthma treatment.

I.e. how to exactly write the back-to-back salbutamol (do you do it as one then write "x3 back to back " in additional instructions?

Is the oxygen prescription down as "NEB" along with the salbutamol?

And so on...
Ok so I decided to do some work as I can't sleep. We have to write a reflective piece. I have not really done a proper reflective piece before. I have done some in the past but basically wrote a load of blah, but this one actually gets marked and I have no idea how to reflect :s-smilie:.

I have tried to Google: how to reflect.
Any tips?

Help :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Ok so I decided to do some work as I can't sleep. We have to write a reflective piece. I have not really done a proper reflective piece before. I have done some in the past but basically wrote a load of blah, but this one actually gets marked and I have no idea how to reflect :s-smilie:.

Any tips?

I've heard nurses talking about the Gibbs cycle or something? :dontknow:
Reply 6632

Any tips?

I would look up the GMC's 'Good Medical Practise' and use that as a basis. Perhaps focus on a couple of sections of it and discuss how you tried to give good care and challenges to it etc.

http://www.gmc-uk.org/guidance/good_medical_practice/contents.asp
Urgh PLEASE can people stop clapping after lectures...
Original post by gozatron

Nah love it - in first year and second year it helps you work out the good lecturers as they always got a really good clap :biggrin:
Original post by gozatron

THIS!!!! In my previous degree, no one EVER clapped. It is rather annoying. For guest lecturers, yes a round of applause is always needed but not for your everyday lecturer :rolleyes:
Meh, if the majority are doing it, just leave and deal with it :p:
Meh, if the majority are doing it, just leave and deal with it :p:

I deal with it by moaning on TSR :tongue:

Nah love it - in first year and second year it helps you work out the good lecturers as they always got a really good clap :biggrin:

Or the ones who are **** and get the sarcastic applause.

Urgh, i hate it! Would you have clapped your teachers after a lesson at sixth form?

Any tips?

This is the structure we are told to use:
What happened?
How did it make me feel? :yucky:
So what?
Now what?
If I was to do it again, how would I do it differently?

This does assume you are talking more about an experience. If it's more about legislation, I used to do:
What is it?
What's the background?
How does this affect me?
How does this affect the profession?
How does this affect the public (and it's view of us/NHS)?

Latest

Trending

Trending