The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
I'd be damned if i fail it as I'm studying Maths at Uni :tongue:

Yeah my friend who got rejected after doing it was also doing a Maths degree! Don't mean to scare you it's more about time management I've heard. Good luck :smile:
Can somebody who has already graduated apply? Do any banks not care about your age? If so which ones?
Original post by Ilios_Lampros
Can somebody who has already graduated apply? Do any banks not care about your age? If so which ones?

You must be a 1st year or 2nd year in a 4 year degree to apply. Thats for all banks i believe.
Reply 383
woods.vanessa:

To which 13 banks are you applying? I "just" count 11 on my list.

@all: have you submitted all your apps? How did your numerical/verbal reasoning tests go?

I was ****ed by the MS one - 20 questions, 16 solved. Some of them guessed. I didn't have the time to go back to the 4 questions I didn't answer to guess them too.
Shouldn't one get directly a refusal (automatically generated) when you didn't pass the numerical test?

Btw: is here anyone applying from Germany/Austria/Switzerland? If yes: Hallo miteinander :smile:.
Original post by Marc Fiorano
lol I was thinking you've been quite alright with your posts lately which was a pleasant surprise I must say.

I should have known this sort of stuff was due soon enough. Lucky guy, you're probably the only person in the country who gets wined and dined by headhunters for the sake of a spring internship :rolleyes:

I wasn't the only first year at the dinner, and believe me luck had nothing to do with it.
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I wasn't the only first year at the dinner, and believe me luck had nothing to do with it.

Are you talking about that dinner organised by the UCL Econ and Finance society with some bigshots at one of the banks? Because that ain't being head-hunted, to get in you just had to send in your CV to the EFS...
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
Are you talking about that dinner organised by the UCL Econ and Finance society with some bigshots at one of the banks? Because that ain't being head-hunted, to get in you just had to send in your CV to the EFS...

If you read my previous posts then you will understand that I'm not referring to anything like that.
Reply 387
If you read my previous posts then you will understand that I'm not referring to anything like that.

Then (just curious) how were you selected? Was it based on a specific criteria/ application just for UCL first years, or what? Sounds uncommon, but congrats if this will lead exclusive opportunities,etc.
Reply 388
Has anyone heard back from MS after the numerical test?

And has anyone heard back from HSBC at all?
Original post by dudeboy2

Not heard back from MS but HSBC rejected me like an hour after the personality test. My CV was fine, attend a target uni etc so they probably didn't like my personality hmm....
Reply 390
Original post by dudeboy2

Didn't hear back from MS either. But it's just a question of when I'll receive my rejection.

Anyone heard back from CS, BoAML, Nomura or JPM?

Is someone applying to DB's programme in Frankfurt?
Reply 391
HSBC asks for employment history, language skills, extra curriculars and academics. Why ask for a CV as well?
Reply 392
Is HSBC really just a 3-day retail banking insight?
Reply 393
Original post by jevira
Is HSBC really just a 3-day retail banking insight?

No.

HSBC
The programme covers: Global Banking (including Advisory, Equity Capital Markets and Client Management), Global Markets (including Sales and Trading), and Global Research.
Reply 394
Man - I've applied to 7 banks and I think I nowhere will succeed. It's so much work for just 5 days (or three, omg). Sure, it could be that you will be fasttracked to a summer internship... but let's live life a bit as we are able to.

Does btw anybody know how much UCAS points would be an average of 5.2 swiss matura? Or in general, is that good enough for these spring programmes? I'll have my first uni exams just before christmas, so this is the only grade I have to show.
just got back from a MS event...seems like a good fit for me. Does anybody want to guess how many business cards i got?
just got back from a MS event...seems like a good fit for me. Does anybody want to guess how many business cards i got?

no.
Reply 397

Over 9000.
Reply 398
Original post by jevira
Didn't hear back from MS either. But it's just a question of when I'll receive my rejection.

why do you think you'll get rejected by MS? I found it pretty hard too if that was the case
Reply 399
Is anyone on here applying for Big 4, ICAP first year programs?

Latest

Trending

Trending