The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RO'Gara
Every time I refresh my email a part of me hopes for an interview invite whilst another part cowers in fear and thinks not yet, I'm just not ready!

OMGOSH I have this exact samee feeling and I didn't know why..
Like scared of not getting an interview and scared of getting one as well.
Just don't wanna mess it up a 2nd time I guess! Hopefully, we're just worrying about nothing :smile:
Original post by Quackers93
Does it make anyone else happy that this page is "234" or am I just weird? :tongue:

I will be sooooo disappointed if this ends up on page 235 :/

I do get this feeling.
:biggrin:
Original post by RO'Gara
Every time I refresh my email a part of me hopes for an interview invite whilst another part cowers in fear and thinks not yet, I'm just not ready!

I also get this one :angry:

seriously though you guys seem soo prepared compared to me, I mean like If I get an interview I'm gonna die from lack of preparation, I mean like, you know.
Original post by RO'Gara

EXACTLY THE SAME for me
Original post by joemullally
I do get this feeling.
seriously though you guys seem soo prepared compared to me, I mean like If I get an interview I'm gonna die from lack of preparation, I mean like, you know.

Dude I have an interview and I'll probably die from lack of preparation :/ Anytime I actually decide "ok interview prep" Something always comes up. Last night it was taking my sister to A&E because she got some bell thing from a hair band stuck up her nose. We didn't even get to see a docot rbecause whilst we were in the waiting room she fell over and it fell out so I couldn't even count it as experience :frown: lol

If I get asked "So why do you want to do Medicine?" I'll die :tongue:
Reply 4644

I started a little notebook a couple of weeks ago where I wrote the name of each med school at the top the page and then I planned to write down why I wanted to go there and all about the course and stuff so I could answer those questions really easily... then I got a bit depressed that I might get straight rejections so it never got done :frown:

Worst question in the history of the planet, it shouldn't even exist, unless you have some profound story about your mother dying of cancer or something we're all going to have pretty much the same answer :/
any exam re-sitter here? any resitters got an interview yet?
Original post by Tinth
Worst question in the history of the planet, it shouldn't even exist, unless you have some profound story about your mother dying of cancer or something we're all going to have pretty much the same answer :/

I'm tempted to go for an Xfactor style: "I just want it so so badly" and then break down in tears and babble on through crying so they know I'm saying something but can't understand me :tongue:
I'm tempted to go for an Xfactor style: "I just want it so so badly" and then break down in tears and babble on through crying so they know I'm saying something but can't understand me :tongue:

loool

Failing that, get naked.
Original post by Doctor.
Failing that, get naked.

Haha

The awkward moment when you find out they'd been videoing your interview for training purposes...

Nawww why have I been negged :frown: oh wells :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4650
Original post by Doctor.
Failing that, get naked.

As funny as that was, we red carded a patient today at work because he was 'exposing himself' in te corridors. Nakedness isn't always the answer unfortunately :frown:
Reply 4651
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
OMGOSH I have this exact samee feeling and I didn't know why..
Like scared of not getting an interview and scared of getting one as well.
Just don't wanna mess it up a 2nd time I guess! Hopefully, we're just worrying about nothing :smile:

I do get this feeling.

Original post by Nnuunnuu
EXACTLY THE SAME for me

I'm so glad I'm not alone :tongue:

Seriously I think I will cry/scream/verbally abuse the interviewer and if all else fails resort to violence if they (assuming I do get an interview of course) ask me why medicine! I know in my head why I want to do med but everytime I try and articulate it I just sound corny, cheesy and a complete creepish geek all rolled up in one and I cringe. I can just picture me standing in front of a panel of interviewers and answering the why med q when only a sentence in they all press their buzzers and I get 3 X's. :mad: Ok I watch too much talent shows :redface:
Reply 4652
:hi:
Original post by Medican

Dude I have an interview and I'll probably die from lack of preparation :/ Anytime I actually decide "ok interview prep" Something always comes up. Last night it was taking my sister to A&E because she got some bell thing from a hair band stuck up her nose. We didn't even get to see a docot rbecause whilst we were in the waiting room she fell over and it fell out so I couldn't even count it as experience :frown: lol

i just rofled at that so much I nearly fell off my chair
Original post by RO'Gara
I'm so glad I'm not alone :tongue:

Seriously I think I will cry/scream/verbally abuse the interviewer and if all else fails resort to violence if they (assuming I do get an interview of course) ask me why medicine! I know in my head why I want to do med but everytime I try and articulate it I just sound corny, cheesy and a complete creepish geek all rolled up in one and I cringe. I can just picture me standing in front of a panel of interviewers and answering the why med q when only a sentence in they all press their buzzers and I get 3 X's. :mad: Ok I watch too much talent shows :redface:

My interviewer today was like, i know youll be nervous and youll have pepared an answer to this so, 'why medicine?'

-awkward moment when I havent prepared a full answer for it-
Original post by laurenl93
My interviewer today was like, i know youll be nervous and youll have pepared an answer to this so, 'why medicine?'

for which Uni?
Reply 4657

:eek: my worst nightmare!!

Hope you managed to waffle something half decent and then nailed the rest! Us reapplicants have to root for each other :biggrin:
i want an interviewwwwwwwwwww
Liverpewwwwwl. (it's amazing btw)

Oh boy did I waffle :rolleyes:

Until it hits you that you have 14 days to prep :o:
You will don't worry :h:

The bits of your accent they can understand where probably fine :P
We're all hoping for good news for you.
Just the painfull and agonising wait now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending