The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by apple17
I know. Top choice
I wanted to apply to ucl but they have a min. age requirement. :frown:

Damn! :frown: You should've just demanded them to consider you :wink:
Original post by apple17
Aw, we could do msn interview prep or something. Need something to practice with and a couple of people are doing it on TSR? (if you want)
Its so pretty.
Nah, 702.5 but intls have lower cutoff, last year it was 665 or something

i need to get a darn interview first! :tongue:

lucky! not that i particularly liked sheffield anyway :tongue:
Reply 9062
Original post by manic_fuzz
Damn! :frown: You should've just demanded them to consider you :wink:

I know eh. :wink:
Refusing a canadian. psht bad move. :P
Reply 9063
Original post by laurie:)
i need to get a darn interview first! :tongue:

lucky! not that i particularly liked sheffield anyway :tongue:

Dw, u have an epic ukcat and predicted!
I don't know much about it but apparently its intl-friendly?
Original post by apple17
Dw, u have an epic ukcat and predicted!
I don't know much about it but apparently its intl-friendly?

:s-smilie: im going to kill myself with stress this year!
Reply 9065
:s-smilie: im going to kill myself with stress this year!

same here
blame UCAS for my death. :rolleyes:
Original post by apple17
same here
blame UCAS for my death. :rolleyes:

i think UCAS is probably singlehandedly responsible for thousands of unexplained teenage deaths out there :tongue:
Reply 9067
i think UCAS is probably singlehandedly responsible for thousands of unexplained teenage deaths out there :tongue:

Probably why. :P
So you are a consultant baker and a detective. damn. :cool:
I'll find it eventually :cool:

Oh i'm sure you'll be fine :smile: hahaha, well fingers-crossed, if i even get into Manchester, or anywhere!!!

I know! I love the versatility that comes with studying medicine :smile:

Let me know when you do!

If you show the enthusiasm that you've shown in that post to Manc they can't say no :awesome:

Which is your first choice? Oxford?
Original post by apple17
Canadian here. :biggrin:
(Quebecois is awesome)

No way! You Canadians are awesome. So are you Quebecois or English? If you're Quebecois I'm insanely jealous of you. :p:

How come you're deciding to come to England? It's so far away! I admire your guts.
i do try to do that, i have loads of random pictures on my camera - i've been thinking of buying a new camera/really starting to look into food photography because i think my food could look so much better :tongue:

you never know what could happen - its so hard seeing people who have way better application profiles than you get 4 rejections :redface:

i might just do that :tongue: another vent for my procrastination!

edit: and speaking of canada, another canadian here :tongue: well, living in england :smile:

I bet your food looks fine as it is. But photography is always fun!

I know, it is really scary. But still, optimism ftw. :p:

Yeah! You can say it's a "way of dealing with stress" in interviews, putting a positive spin on procrastination hehe.

Have you ever been to Canada? :smile:
Original post by apple17
I know eh. :wink:
Refusing a canadian. psht bad move. :P

Are Canadians vicious? :colone:

Original post by Parle à ma main
Let me know when you do!

If you show the enthusiasm that you've shown in that post to Manc they can't say no :awesome:

Which is your first choice? Oxford?

Hahah yes they better! :wink: Oui, i suppose it is, though it's a loooooong shot :colondollar:
Reply 9072
No way! You Canadians are awesome. So are you Quebecois or English? If you're Quebecois I'm insanely jealous of you. :p:

How come you're deciding to come to England? It's so far away! I admire your guts.

Thank you! Brits aren't that bad. :P
Unfortunately, english. :smile:
I know, going to miss home and all the comforts but to get to med school here is like winning a lottery. You have to do 4 years of undergrad in science/business or w.e. before applying to med school and the chances of getting in are 4% so its too risky and I don't wanna spend so much time and money then realize i got rejected.
Reply 9073
Are Canadians vicious? :colone:

Nah, we are the suffer in silence type.
Too nice. :P
Original post by apple17

Suffer in silence and then strike when your enemy least expects it...? :colone:

Hahah yes they better! :wink: Oui, i suppose it is, though it's a loooooong shot :colondollar:

There's nothing against you in your app, good GCSEs, good A Levels. Apparently Oxford only give a weeks notice before interviews though, is it the same for med? Cos if so that's tellement harsh!

Original post by apple17
Thank you! Brits aren't that bad. :P
Unfortunately, english. :smile:
I know, going to miss home and all the comforts but to get to med school here is like winning a lottery. You have to do 4 years of undergrad in science/business or w.e. before applying to med school and the chances of getting in are 4% so its too risky and I don't wanna spend so much time and money then realize i got rejected.

Haha, I do like Brits, but England is depressingly rainy and people are depressingly moany sometimes. :p:

Wow, that's insane. And I thought the American system was harsh! England does sound like a much better option, although the fees they charge internationals are actually ridiculous.

I wonder if there'll be a culture clash when you move here from Canada? If/when you get in, start a blog, your story will be really interesting, I reckon. :p:
Original post by apple17

To be fair that's a quality of a good doctor in dealing with difficult patients. You're sorted. :p:
Reply 9077
To be fair that's a quality of a good doctor in dealing with difficult patients. You're sorted. :p:

Yay!
I knew it will come to use one day. thank you canada! :wink:
Reply 9078
Suffer in silence and then strike when your enemy least expects it...? :colone:

Ah, ur an evil one
But that is a REALLY good plan. :wink:
There's nothing against you in your app, good GCSEs, good A Levels. Apparently Oxford only give a weeks notice before interviews though, is it the same for med? Cos if so that's tellement harsh!

Well, it all depends on how well my BMAT went, only like 8days and 1hour before i find out my result :eek:

Mmm i think it's 2 weeks :s-smilie: although, that's still not very long :K: eeee

Latest

Trending

Trending