The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Scholarships

Scroll to see replies

@TomTom023 I have it all mentioned in a previous thread but i'll copy and paste it for you:

I'm from Ireland, so i'd be in the UK/EU category for the Media, Art and Design scholarship and not the International category.

Here's the university's requirements:

'For undergraduate students, we require all modules to be passed and an average of 60 per cent overall to be achieved for Gold level or full scholarships or full tuition fee waiver scholarships, or 55 per cent for Silver level or scholarships less than a full fee waiver. For first year students, the average is taken from six modules, the best and worst module being discounted. PhD or Masters students, at the request of the Scholarships Office, may be required to submit a report from your tutor or supervisor after each year. This report may be requested after each year in the case of a PhD student, or after semester one in the case of a Masters student.'

That doesn't really say much but my GPA was 60.10% but I have a lot of work under my belt in music business. I run a not for profit organisation called BEAT Workshops where we run music technology courses for underprivillaged Irish students and asylum seekers and was awarded €20'000 seed capital in 2009. I've put this all down on my form and even though it said that multiple reference letters wouldn't be an advantage, I got one written for my academic performance by a lecturer and one from the college about my financial need and personal development. My lecturer knew mew better than most academic staff but wasn't able to cover my financial problems and the same goes for the college being able to talk about me as a person.

They look at academic excellence, personal development and financial need of the applicant. No idea what makes you an ideal candidate but i'm guessing someone with high academic grades, trying to make a space for themselves in their respective industries and would contribute to the University and to their country when they return home. Also someone who has been in receipt of a grant and/or student assistance fund would have a higher chance but at the end of the day, each scholarship only examines certain aspects of the student's life.

I hope that helps. I'll be back on this thread later. It's unlikely that I will get the scholarship but I tried my best.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 161
Original post by ichigo
yeah Lywick it's me :biggrin: haha ... and who might you be?

I don't think you know me by name; I hardly ever post :P But I've been logging onto fb everyday, and your name kept popping up!

The world's a small place :P
Reply 162
did u guys get ur answer directly from the scholarship office or through ur advisor in westminster?
Today we will get the results, won't we?
Reply 164
i wont count on it...just see the number of times they extended their deadline???? theres a gud chance of them doing it one more time...and i hate to say this but none of the undergrads have received a notification yet and i dnt think all the undergards would be notified on the same day..highly unlikely

sorry for the pessimism....:biggrin:
I'm gonna cry! They don't keep their promise. This wait's killing me.
Reply 166
yah i know and same here....if i dnt get a notification by abt 3 p.m i'm def. calling them...i suggest u do the same...this is way too much
agreed. I would do so if they didn't respond to my email. Any undergrads here get responses from the Uni ?
I've heard nothing about my postgrad scholarship yet anyway.
Reply 169
this is mad... I've almost lost all my hope literally... :frown:
meh...
Here's everybody's answer. Thought they'd mail us but they haven't gotten back to me yet! I did however get a half-fee waiver!

http://www.westminster.ac.uk/about/news-and-events/news/2011/ghghghgh

I hope some of you get it!
Reply 172
hey congrats azzabagdad...wish you all the very best...i didnt get any but that was to be expected after the 2500 applicants...

hey thanks very much guys for keeping me up-to-date and sharing all the info. with me.....hopefully we'll meet up one day...till then adios...and all the very best guys
Reply 173
Do you know if the International Student House full Scholarship includes a monthly allowance?
Reply 174
Hello to you all, I am new member ^^
Anyone applying for a 2012 intake course in Westminster?
Reply 175
Hey! I accepted an unconditional offer of a place on "MA International Relations and Democratic Politics"... Applied for a scholarship too, but still get no answer... What about you?
Reply 176
Original post by Takhmina
Hey! I accepted an unconditional offer of a place on "MA International Relations and Democratic Politics"... Applied for a scholarship too, but still get no answer... What about you?

So so glad to know you :smile:.

I am really nervous, too, waiting for an answer for the scholarship. Got an unconditional offer for MA Intl' Development Management but have not accepted it yet. I really need a scholarship to get there...

Where are you from anyway?
Fingers crossed we both get it :colondollar:

Pls do let me know if you have any updates!!!!
Reply 177
I had applied to full fee tuition waiver scholarship and today received an email around 3 pm UK time stating that I am not awarded the scholarship.

I was wondering whether any of you guys also received an email today and around the same hours. I will also appreciate if you can state whether your decision is favorable or not.
Reply 178
Original post by mg428
I had applied to full fee tuition waiver scholarship and today received an email around 3 pm UK time stating that I am not awarded the scholarship.

I was wondering whether any of you guys also received an email today and around the same hours. I will also appreciate if you can state whether your decision is favorable or not.

Received a No here...
Reply 179
Loan, I'm from Kazakhstan, and you?
I received an email and I am NOT awarded the scholarship too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending