The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5080
got an offer from Newcastle! Has anyone else?!
Reply 5081

Original post by kt94
got an offer from Newcastle! Has anyone else?!

Yep!! :biggrin: AAB?
Original post by tooambitious
I also read animal spirits, what did you think of it?

wanna exchange some opinions on it over pm?? I read that book too... im a big fan of shiller :P didn't really know akerlof until this book lol
Reply 5083
Original post by ohTS
Yep!! :biggrin: AAB?

yep!! it's my insurance so im glad i got accepted!
Reply 5084
Original post by lordvulture
wanna exchange some opinions on it over pm?? I read that book too... im a big fan of shiller :P didn't really know akerlof until this book lol

What's it about?
Reply 5085
have Leeds started giving out offers yet?
Original post by lordvulture

Yeah :biggrin: send me a PM
Original post by Tateco
What's it about?

All about 'animal spirits' (thought patterns that animate people's ideas) and how the affect economics (and generally undermine lots of theories) it's a good read and it's easy too (I read it after GCSEs) :smile:
Reply 5088
Original post by tooambitious
All about 'animal spirits' (thought patterns that animate people's ideas) and how the affect economics (and generally undermine lots of theories) it's a good read and it's easy too (I read it after GCSEs) :smile:

So it's about rationality etc? Behavioural economics?
Reply 5089
Original post by somaiyar
I've got an interview at Girton for Economics on december 12th

Same, I ll see you there :smile:
Hi

I am strugelling to choose a good AAB/AAA uni.

Any suggestions?

One I have seen is manchester which is AAB. They are ranked 43 for economics and 41 overall however they have a higher employment rate than those with a similar rank and are considered to be a first destination for employers.

Would this be a good choice and why does this happen?
Reply 5091
Original post by ...mo...
Hi

Any suggestions?

One I have seen is manchester which is AAB. They are ranked 43 for economics and 41 overall however they have a higher employment rate than those with a similar rank and are considered to be a first destination for employers.

bristol has requirement that has a band, its A*AA-ABB, so it can give you a good cover.
Original post by Nadine10
bristol has requirement that has a band, its A*AA-ABB, so it can give you a good cover.

I want to go bristol but my parents are against it. They are also telling me about the people in notts and the violence which has put me off.

so far

Coventry BBB
Leicester AAB
Manchester AAB
Birmingham AAA

One that is AAA/AAB standard. Preferabely in a bigger city, but not sure where. btw what are surrey and sheffield like to live in and hows the community?

Thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
I want to go bristol but my parents are against it. They are also telling me about the people in notts and the violence which has put me off.

so far

Coventry BBB
Leicester AAB
Manchester AAB
Birmingham AAA

One that is AAA/AAB standard. Preferabely in a bigger city, but not sure where. btw what are surrey and sheffield like to live in and hows the community?

Thanks

Glasgow has ABB offers :smile:
Original post by Charlesworth
Glasgow has ABB offers :smile:

Thanks, but I live in the midlands and was hoping to study in england. :biggrin:

Any ones around there. I am strugelling and need to choose by 2 morow:frown:

Help. Thanks
Thanks, but I live in the midlands and was hoping to study in england. :biggrin:

Any ones around there. I am strugelling and need to choose by 2 morow:frown:

Help. Thanks

Not sure if this has already been suggested (apologies if they have), perhaps Leeds/Newcastle? If I remember correctly, their grade requirements are similar to the ones that you want. Does it have to be near the midlands?
Reply 5096
Original post by kt94
have Leeds started giving out offers yet?

Leeds gave me an offer for Maths and Economics joint honours AAB :smile:
Reply 5097
Anyone got an interview from Sidney Sussex for econ ?
Original post by Tateco
So it's about rationality etc? Behavioural economics?

:smile:, it really sparked my interest
Hi

Any suggestions?

Manchester is a respected uni hence the employment rates. Yet they seem to be have rejecting people predicted very good grades (e.g. A*A*A*) which exceed their requirement of AAB, so if your predicted grades are A*AA-AAB then its worth it, but you could consider Surrey? But manchester would be a better option IMO
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending