The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
awww god this waiting is killing me. apparently northumbria have only just started going through applications... but my second choice only takes 15 primary pgce students a year according to their website....so if i dont get into my first choice, ive got no chance of my second choice really.

has anyone applied to northumbria and heard anything back yet?
Reply 201
Interview at Cambridge tomorrow for Secondary English - absolutely terrified (and excited)

Any presentation/interview/group discussion tips?
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
So, my Track tells me that the UEL Primary course is full and I'm being considered by LSBU now. I've gone into the course search on GTTR and it's showing that UEL has vacancies :mad:

If I were you, I'd call the GTTR. I may be wrong, but I thought that all providers had to consider you before the 1st December deadline. Plus, the institutions have no idea how many places that they will be allocated yet, so how can they possibly be full. Let us know how you get on :smile: Good luck
Original post by lanny17
I considered applying to Roehampton but a friend who applied last year put me off the interview process! Was it really that bad?? I was quite worried about the prospect of the test..... but i guess i'll have to do that anywhere!
Good luck and well done on getting the interview

Thank you :smile: Where have you applied to?

The test was just an English test and was quite simple. The one to one interview was however, a total grilling and was very tough; I was far too nervous too :frown: I've had worse interviews (2nd time around PGCE applicant), but I'm annoyed with myself because I want Roehampton more than anything! Did your friend get a place? x
Reply 204
Original post by doingmybest
Thank you :smile: Where have you applied to?

The test was just an English test and was quite simple. The one to one interview was however, a total grilling and was very tough; I was far too nervous too :frown: I've had worse interviews (2nd time around PGCE applicant), but I'm annoyed with myself because I want Roehampton more than anything! Did your friend get a place? x

Oh so no maths! Phew, that is a relief! I got my application in today applying to roehampton and oxford brookes- really like the look of the course at roehampton but not feeling particularly confident about the chances!

She didn't, but, i think her problem was that the interview threw up gaps within her experience (she was in her third year at uni at the time) lots of her experience was out of the classroom too, being a second time around applicant i'm sure you'll have more experience, fingers (and toes) crossed for you!
Where did you apply last year?
So, my Track tells me that the UEL Primary course is full and I'm being considered by LSBU now. I've gone into the course search on GTTR and it's showing that UEL has vacancies :mad:

Hey, did you ring GTTR and check this? I'm sure I haven't even heard of UEL interviewing yet so this doesn't make sense to me. They're my second choice so I hope they're not full.
I hope you get to the bottom of it, let us know how you get on!
Subject: PGCE Primary

Universitys:
- St Mary's Twickenham
- Kingston Uni

Date Sent: 3rd November

Not heard anything so far. I'm already really nervous about it all and have no idea what I'm going to do if I don't even get offered an interview
Original post by doingmybest
If I were you, I'd call the GTTR. I may be wrong, but I thought that all providers had to consider you before the 1st December deadline. Plus, the institutions have no idea how many places that they will be allocated yet, so how can they possibly be full. Let us know how you get on :smile: Good luck

Original post by Sugar_Puff_Fairy
Hey, did you ring GTTR and check this? I'm sure I haven't even heard of UEL interviewing yet so this doesn't make sense to me. They're my second choice so I hope they're not full.
I hope you get to the bottom of it, let us know how you get on!

I just checked the website quickly and found this;

"8 December 2011 Last applications received at the GTTR by 1 December 2011 sent to you. This may be achieved earlier, but 8 December 2011 is the final deadline. Before this date you cannot close primary courses, but you may close middle years, secondary and post compulsory/further education courses."

I'll give the GTTR a ring tomorrow, I don't think it's fair that I get an outright rejection within a few days of applying when I applied well before the deadline...
Original post by bionic07
Interview at Cambridge tomorrow for Secondary English - absolutely terrified (and excited)

Any presentation/interview/group discussion tips?

I have an interview there for secondary science next week! Can I just ask, does your interview involve a presentation that you have to prepare on the day? Only mine does... Wondered if it was the same across different subjects.

Let me know how it goes! Good luck!
INTERVIEW TOMORROW!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... any tips? (Durham (physics))
Reply 210
I have a applied to to Art and Design at Manchester Met....have got an interview next week - so nervous!!
Reply 211
Have interview at chichester uni tomorrow for PGCE primary, second choice winchester.... worried for interview as my degree in chemistry so hoping the interview isn't too focused on curriculum or heavily weighted on educational issues
I just checked the website quickly and found this;

"8 December 2011 Last applications received at the GTTR by 1 December 2011 sent to you. This may be achieved earlier, but 8 December 2011 is the final deadline. Before this date you cannot close primary courses, but you may close middle years, secondary and post compulsory/further education courses."

I'll give the GTTR a ring tomorrow, I don't think it's fair that I get an outright rejection within a few days of applying when I applied well before the deadline...

Is it primary or MFL primary you applied for?
It's definitely not fair - they cannot have filled the course, even with deferred places from last year and interviews so far (not that I think they've done any yet?!)
Hope the phone call cleared things up a bit!
Original post by Sugar_Puff_Fairy
Is it primary or MFL primary you applied for?
It's definitely not fair - they cannot have filled the course, even with deferred places from last year and interviews so far (not that I think they've done any yet?!)
Hope the phone call cleared things up a bit!

Just primary. I didn't get a chance to call them today as I've been pretty busy but I'll certainly try and get a phone call in tomorrow. Thanks :smile:
Just primary. I didn't get a chance to call them today as I've been pretty busy but I'll certainly try and get a phone call in tomorrow. Thanks :smile:

There's a thread here - updates for UEL applicants, about them not interviewing until at least December, more likely January. Reassurance to those who've not heard but more confusing for you now!
Reply 215
Good luck to everyone having/ getting ready for interviews.

It's so annoying not hearing anything back from your first choice uni when you know that your second choice is already having interviews! They definately need to change the application process.
Hey, so this is probably a completely idiotic question but Derby University have asked me to bring my Record of Achievement to the interview, but I don't have one, and don't really know what it is. Can anybody give me an idea of what I need to do?
Reply 217
Original post by Sarang_assa
Hey, so this is probably a completely idiotic question but Derby University have asked me to bring my Record of Achievement to the interview, but I don't have one, and don't really know what it is. Can anybody give me an idea of what I need to do?

I think they just mean exam certificates, well that's what I'm going by anyway!

Universitys: UEA

Interview: 10th November

We won't hear until January, must stop checking the tracking site!
Original post by buttonnosebear

Universitys: UEA

Interview: 10th November

We won't hear until January, must stop checking the tracking site!

The date we find out is the day before my 21st, so that could be interesting! :|

Latest

Trending

Trending