The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4700
Original post by RO'Gara
I don't quite get the limit on the + rep. I mean what is the worst that can happen if I + rep 40 people in the one day? They +rep me back or + rep marathons on TSR?

Loool. The average rep points per member would go up that's for sure. :biggrin:
Reply 4701
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
It's like money... rep would become meaningless and uncontrollable :tongue:

If you could rep loads of people per today then there would be rep wars where people continually pos and neg certain people :lol:

+rep wars would be kinda fun, we could have teams and all ... :tongue:

I suppose you would always get people using it to pick on others though :frown:
Reply 4702
Original post by Quackers93
Ah cool :smile: I'd want to do something like that apparent from I don't like talking on phones... lol Good luck! :biggrin:

Then you might like being a charity fundraiser although beware, its definitely a challenge trying to get a random persons bank details in the streets but then again something to talk about at interview. :biggrin:

Pay is amazing though. At some places you could start off at £11 per hour.
Original post by Medican
Then you might like being a charity fundraiser although beware, its definitely a challenge trying to get a random persons bank details in the streets but then again something to talk about at interview. :biggrin:

Pay is amazing though. At some places you could start off at £11 per hour.

£11 an hour? Nice! I may actually look into it, although my town isn't a very *charity-people-asking-for-your-bank-details-in-the-street* type of place :/ No harm in looking though :smile:
£11 an hour? Nice! I may actually look into it, although my town isn't a very *charity-people-asking-for-your-bank-details-in-the-street* type of place :/ No harm in looking though :smile:

Someone from dogs trust started coercing me into giving him my bank details yesterday :frown:

and he smelt like b.o.
and he kept winking at me
plus none of his dogs were fluffy :frown:
Reply 4705
Original post by laurenl93
Someone from dogs trust started coercing me into giving him my bank details yesterday :frown:

and he smelt like b.o.

Don't you have to be 21 for them to ask you in the street? I'm sure I told someone I was 18 a few months ago and they complained that I was too young :s-smilie:
Original post by Tinth
Don't you have to be 21 for them to ask you in the street? I'm sure I told someone I was 18 a few months ago and they complained that I was too young :s-smilie:

yeah normally, i even said to him "look mate i'm probably too young", and then he harassed me (outside asda) and wouldn't let me leave till id gave him my card details, and because i have trouble saying no to people i simply couldnt leave. i ended up quickly giving my excuses and running back to my bike

i dont understand why people who are looking for 18/21 year olds come to me anyway, i got id'd for a red bull the other day (apparently you have to be over 16. therefore the shop lady thought i was UNDER 16. I'm 18. what a ****ing bitch.)

I used to get dead upset when people thought i was under 18, now I actually want them to, so i try and look as under age as possible, then when they're all patronizing and laughing at their cleverness of "catching me out" saying do you have id i proceed to whip out my passport and when they look back at me i'm like: :borat:
heheh
(edited 12 years ago)
yeah normally, i even said to him "look mate i'm probably too young", and then he harassed me (outside asda) and wouldn't let me leave till id gave him my card details, and because i have trouble saying no to people i simply couldnt leave. i ended up quickly giving my excuses and running back to my bike

i dont understand why people who are looking for 18/21 year olds come to me anyway, i got id'd for a red bull the other day (apparently you have to be over 16. therefore the shop lady thought i was UNDER 16. I'm 18. what a ****ing bitch.)

I used to get dead upset when people thought i was under 18, now I actually want them to, so i try and look as under age as possible, then when they're all patronizing and laughing at their cleverness of "catching me out" saying do you have id i proceed to whip out my passport and when they look back at me i'm like: :borat:
heheh

I've never been ID'd before :s-smilie: Maybe I look too old.
My boyfriend never gets id'd, they look at me and go, got id? and then when i proceed to get mine out my bf also gets his id out and the person always says "nah mate i just want to see hers"

he always get pissed off cus he feels like they're calling him a paedophile (he's 21)

Wow harsh, on the bright side however if you are ID'd it generally means they think you look young which isn't a bad thing.
Reply 4709

heheh

Yeah I got Id'd once when I was buying a lottery ticket for my old lady that I visit. He asked for ID and I was like 'ohh, I didn't realise you had to be 18 to buy a lottery ticket' and he goes bright red and said 'You have to be 16' and I showed him my ID which said I was 19 and he just kept apologising. I wanted to be annoyed, but he looked too apologetic and embarassed haha.

I was actually quite insulted about the whole thing... And as well, if you don't have a passport, you won't have ANY ID at 16. Or even 15 (my friend got told she couldn't go into a 15 film once because she didn't have any ID.
Original post by twelve
Yeah I got Id'd once when I was buying a lottery ticket for my old lady that I visit. He asked for ID and I was like 'ohh, I didn't realise you had to be 18 to buy a lottery ticket' and he goes bright red and said 'You have to be 16' and I showed him my ID which said I was 19 and he just kept apologising. I wanted to be annoyed, but he looked too apologetic and embarassed haha.

I was actually quite insulted about the whole thing... And as well, if you don't have a passport, you won't have ANY ID at 16. Or even 15 (my friend got told she couldn't go into a 15 film once because she didn't have any ID.

Thats something I don't really understand, being ID'd for like the lottery cause what id are they gonna have at 16? I didn't have a passport when I was 16, so what could I have taken? My birth certificate? :s-smilie:

and he smelt like b.o.

I love how the fluffiness of his dog played an essential part of your overall view of him :P
Thats something I don't really understand, being ID'd for like the lottery cause what id are they gonna have at 16? I didn't have a passport when I was 16, so what could I have taken? My birth certificate? :s-smilie:

I love how the fluffiness of his dog played an essential part of your overall view of him :P

Do it! or make a death certificate just to see what they say :colone:
Reply 4712

heheh

I was absolutely gutted when I didn't get IDed on my birthday, I felt like I'd been wasting all of this time when no one asked anyway. It's just a bit inconvenient now, I'm so used to not being IDed that I never get it out or anything...
Original post by twelve

The annng thing is, I don't have a provisional so if I know I'm gna buy or do something where you need Id, I always bring my passport but on the odd times where people id me and I didn't think I need id then I dot have a passport and I get furious/upset that I don't get to buy the thing that I want and that the shop assistant was all smug and bitxhy about it

Does anyone else experience it that when they get id'd the shop person gets all smug because tey think they've caught you out?
Happened to me in Liverpool, my mum wanted to buy a beer in a pub with me and the barlady said he refused to serve my mum because I was with her and I had no id, it's just the face I AM 18 and they're talking to me like I'm doing something really wrong and naughty and it's humiliating then having to walk out the place branded an under ager

That's it. I'm ordering my provisional now I don't care how much it costs
Original post by Tinth
I was absolutely gutted when I didn't get IDed on my birthday, I felt like I'd been wasting all of this time when no one asked anyway. It's just a bit inconvenient now, I'm so used to not being IDed that I never get it out or anything...

I get ID'd for 15 movies so does my boyfriend, but we're tiny people :eek:
Original post by Doctor.
Do it! or make a death certificate just to see what they say :colone:

Some of the people working in my local tesco probably wouldn't notice it was a death certificate lol

The annng thing is, I don't have a provisional so if I know I'm gna buy or do something where you need Id, I always bring my passport but on the odd times where people id me and I didn't think I need id then I dot have a passport and I get furious/upset that I don't get to buy the thing that I want and that the shop assistant was all smug and bitxhy about it

Does anyone else experience it that when they get id'd the shop person gets all smug because tey think they've caught you out?
Happened to me in Liverpool, my mum wanted to buy a beer in a pub with me and the barlady said he refused to serve my mum because I was with her and I had no id, it's just the face I AM 18 and they're talking to me like I'm doing something really wrong and naughty and it's humiliating then having to walk out the place branded an under ager

Snap, it's so annoying only having a passport as your only ID cause I always end up thinking "ahhhh I'm going to lose it!" so never want to take it anywhere :/

I do love though when they're all smug because they think they've caught you, but then you can be even more smug when you shove your id in their face! It does annoy me though when people are like "Sorry, we can't serve you because she's under 18" To which I always reply "well, have you asked?" and then they go red and don't even really look at the id :tongue: Damn people just assume we're under 18 - Despicable! (Said Daffy Duck style)
Reply 4716

Dooo itttt. Definitely worth it :smile:

My friend ordered hers just to take to uni, because before that she'd just carry her passport around. Haha, one time I was carrying her passport for her because it didn't fit in her bag and the guy double checked MY ID because I was carrying hers. Was really strange. And annoying because I had to give him my date of birth, address and middle name before he'd believe it was mine. And it really was mine! I thought he as going to ask for signature as well...
Reply 4717
Original post by Doctor.
I get ID'd for 15 movies so does my boyfriend, but we're tiny people :eek:

I get asked for ID all the time at 15 movies, which is so annoying because I'm 19. Although saying that it can work in my favour sometime, I can always get a u13 (I don't know if they have these in England) train ticket which is like half the cost of the adult.

I started volunteering today at the nursing home and I was introduced as this little girl :angry: who wants to help out.

Another annoying thing is when people ask me how I'm feeling about my GCSES next year or am I worried about GCSES in June. NO because I have done my A-Levels!! Or when people ask my little sister, who has just turned 14, 'why don't you introduce me to your little sister' and point at me :frown: To be fair though my little sister is 5'6 and I'm 5'1
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by RO'Gara
I get asked for ID all the time at 15 movies, which is so annoying because I'm 19. Although saying that it can work in my favour sometime, I can always get a u13 (I don't know if they have these in England) train ticket which is like half the cost of the adult.

I started volunteering today at the nursing home and I was introduced as this little girl :angry: who wants to help out.

Another annoying thing is when people ask me how I'm feeling about my GCSES next year or am I worried about GCSES in June. NO because I have done my A-Levels!! Or when people ask my little sister, who has just turned 14, 'why don't you introduce me to your little sister' and point at me :frown: To be fair though my little sister is 5'6 and I'm 5'1

hahaha I am 4'9
Reply 4719
Original post by Doctor.
hahaha I am 4'9

you're even worse off than me! I'm so jealous of my little sister, I'd love to be 5'6. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending