The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yay, Cambridge interview!
Reply 3261
Original post by gwenllian94
I had that interview last week for the Mathematics and Statistics one :smile: it was a very relaxed interview and they didn't ask me anything too hard! but some people had to answer some maths questions! They don't tend you make it a hard interview

What sort of questions did they ask? If you dont mind me asking :P How long was the interview?
Original post by Chiraga
What sort of questions did they ask? If you dont mind me asking :P How long was the interview?

Like why do i want to study at Manchester, and asking me question about some stuff on my personal statement! Then the conversation was just flowing really! I'd say it lasted about 20 minutes maybe?
Just had an offer from the University of Manchester to study Mathematics and Statistics!! :biggrin:
Original post by ben-smith

Well done mate!

Wait, and me! I was getting worried there. Lol.
Original post by dom bradbury
Well done mate!

Wait, and me! I was getting worried there. Lol.

Which college?
Well done!
Which college?
Well done!

Er... Trinity :s-smilie:

and you?
Anyone else get a letter from Lancaster saying you're guaranteed an offer; come and visit us whenever? I got mine today!! :biggrin:
Original post by dom bradbury
Er... Trinity :s-smilie:

and you?

Christ's

Congrats!!
Original post by laughylolly
My 4th years are a lot like that. There's one girl who is really smart I think and gets a lot done but is easily distracted. I also don't think she thinks that it's 'cool' to be good a maths, if you get me.

Yeah, our periods are 40 minutes long. Most lessons I have a double periods. At my school basically every AH has like 9 periods (except for Stats/mechanics if you also take pure) and then Bio/Phys/Chem you have to have 8 lecture/teaching periods and 2 study/investigation periods.

15 40-minute periods of pure and applied maths a week... I'm envious :P

Oh well. :L on topic - WARWICK WHERES MY OFFER
Original post by derangedyoshi
15 40-minute periods of pure and applied maths a week... I'm envious :P

Oh well. :L on topic - WARWICK WHERES MY OFFER

Haha. Two periods are non teaching but I just go into another maths class and do work and if I need assistance there's a teacher there to help (I love the teacher in that class too).

I don't know. I'm surprised you haven't got one yet. When did you send off your application? Did you ever receive like a second acknowledgment email?
Reply 3272
Original post by mapplie
Can i ask when you applied to do Maths at Southampton and what are your predicted grades etc?
Is it for the G100 course?

My UCAS was processed on October 12th.

I'm applying for the G103 course, with A* in Maths already achieved, and predicted A*A*A in my other subjects. :smile:
Haha. Two periods are non teaching but I just go into another maths class and do work and if I need assistance there's a teacher there to help (I love the teacher in that class too).

I don't know. I'm surprised you haven't got one yet. When did you send off your application? Did you ever receive like a second acknowledgment email?

Ah, cool - that sounds pretty good actually. I love most of the maths teachers at our school :biggrin:

Err... my application was processed on the 14th of October, and I got that second acknowledgement email on the 1st of November. I'm sure it'll come soon, it's just a wee bit annoying having to wait while loads of my friends have at least one offer.
Original post by derangedyoshi
Ah, cool - that sounds pretty good actually. I love most of the maths teachers at our school :biggrin:

Err... my application was processed on the 14th of October, and I got that second acknowledgement email on the 1st of November. I'm sure it'll come soon, it's just a wee bit annoying having to wait while loads of my friends have at least one offer.

Oh okay. A week after mine. I received that email on the 1st too. They should be going through yours now, only a matter of time =)
Original post by jerome1994
I was invited on the 25th, however my friend was invited on the 23rd. They're inviting on wednesdays and fridays for quite a while as people are still applying for their maths courses.

oh alright. thanks!
Oh okay. A week after mine. I received that email on the 1st too. They should be going through yours now, only a matter of time =)

yeah, hopefully :h:
Reply 3277
Original post by gwenllian94
Like why do i want to study at Manchester, and asking me question about some stuff on my personal statement! Then the conversation was just flowing really! I'd say it lasted about 20 minutes maybe?

Oh thats awesome thanks :biggrin:
And congrats on your offer !! What are the asking you to get ?
Trinity interview :colone:
Original post by Miller693
Anyone else get a letter from Lancaster saying you're guaranteed an offer; come and visit us whenever? I got mine today!! :biggrin:

No i havent!! Jealous! :frown:

Latest