The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9140
Original post by confused dot com
Hey, just in case anyone was interested, here are the UKCAT percentiles and stuff :smile:

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/pages/details.aspx?page=news

Just looked at these, they make me feel alot better about my result. Compared to everyone on here my score seemed about average, but im in the top 20% in which makes me feel better :smile:
Original post by medhopeful696969
#anxiousmedapplicantranting

That may be the saddest thing I've heard this week. I'm here man :frown:

I'll vent with you anytime :yy:
Reply 9142
What is the best way to prepare for the medicine course after A-Levels (other than work experience).
Original post by Erotas
What is the best way to prepare for the medicine course after A-Levels (other than work experience).

Drink. It's a very important skill :yep:

Medicine carries on from A level studies, you don't need to do any work before arriving really. Enjoy what time off you get :smile:
Reply 9144
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Medicine carries on from A level studies, you don't need to do any work before arriving really. Enjoy what time off you get :smile:

Haha :tongue: Don't be a bad influence :naughty:

I was wondering if this was asked at an interview what I'd say?
Original post by Erotas

You could always get a job in the NHS like a HCA or Phlebotomist. Would provide a lot of insight into healthcare and I imagine it would be incredibly helpful for when you're with patients as a medical student, already having that experience.
Original post by medhopeful696969
I'm generally a laid back guy, I normally don't have to resort to anxiety, I can control it etc. At the moment, one of my universities is interviewing, but is expected to continue until March, another doesn't have the BMAT results yet, the other two haven't said a peep to anyone. No reason to be worried? Obviously not, I'm ****ting myself, can't think about anything else, didn't receive a letter addressed to me for a week or two, got 4, yes 4 letters this morning, I had the audacity to think that one of those white envelopes could have the letter of my dreams, and yeah, you guessed it, two from my dental practise, one was a spam getting me to buy an elderly person's shopping trolley and the last one was from HSBC, telling me something they told me on the phone two weeks ago, and at the same time, I have to answer some stupid ill-thought out questionnaire from Birmingham because they're confused over whether I'm and international or home candidate (home before you ask, I don't know how they could be so moronic). For ****s sake

#anxiousmedapplicantranting

Welcome to the life of a Medicine applicant :cool: :tongue:
Original post by Erotas

Sorry :ashamed:

Can't say I've ever heard of that question being asked.. but imo if I was asked that I would be honest, say what I was doing at the moment, any upcoming plans and mention that some current medical students at their university recommended that I used this time to relax whilst I still could. Might make them chuckle :tongue:
Reply 9148

I don't like going out much (not the shopping going out, but the clubbing type going out) and that's always worried me a bit of how I'd fit in at uni :sad:
Original post by cz100
I don't like going out much (not the shopping going out, but the clubbing type going out) and that's always worried me a bit of how I'd fit in at uni :sad:

You won't be the only one :nah:

A fair few people here at BL in my year that simply don't go out at night.. they have their own things they like doing I guess :redface:

Shouldn't be a problem cz, if it is then we sort it out when you get there :yy:
Reply 9150
You won't be the only one :nah:

A fair few people here at BL in my year that simply don't go out at night.. they have their own things they like doing I guess :redface:

Shouldn't be a problem cz, if it is then we sort it out when you get there :yy:

Phew. This time next week, I shall be counting down until midnight to get BMAT results :colondollar:
Original post by cz100
Phew. This time next week, I shall be counting down until midnight to get BMAT results :colondollar:

Which you may not be allowed to discuss on here at this rate :rofl:

Try and relax will you :tongue:
Reply 9152
Which you may not be allowed to discuss on here at this rate :rofl:

Try and relax will you :tongue:

I know, imagine if results are released before people have taken it :eek:
I have the whole summer to relax when this is over. I don't take to relaxing very well tbh. And with unis starting so late, if I get in I'll might find myself relaxing from middle of June until late Sept. The very thought...:angry:
Original post by cz100

Original post by cz100
I have the whole summer to relax when this is over. I don't take to relaxing very well tbh. And with unis starting so late, if I get in I'll might find myself relaxing from middle of June until late Sept. The very thought...:angry:

I wish I could be more like this lol. I always tell myself work hard now, I have summer to relax...and then I end up wasting hours doing nothing :redface:
Reply 9154
Original post by cz100
I know, imagine if results are released before people have taken it :eek:

I'll probably be working as soon as exams finish next year. Then maybe stop a week before the start of uni, go on a 3 day holiday (I've never been) then just relax.
kings interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by laurie:)

Congrats! :biggrin: When is it? :smile:
Original post by Quackers93
Congrats! :biggrin: When is it? :smile:

thanks :biggrin: 15th december, so happy they gave me so much notice :tongue:
Reply 9158
Original post by laurie:)

Congratulations!

*Checks email ooooh I have a message, oh it's only itunes*