The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5140
Original post by Tateco
Still what difference will a couple of days make!

Well the 10 days extra for the Magdalene applicant would have been useful I guess. But, you're right. If I'm not good enough I can hardly change things given a fortnight extra.
Original post by zxh800
Well the 10 days extra for the Magdalene applicant would have been useful I guess. But, you're right. If I'm not good enough I can hardly change things given a fortnight extra.

Better position that me at least, at least you know you have an interview!
Original post by WalkerPrince
What's worst is how I SAY IT. A confusing word! :s-smilie: I've sorted out the pronunciation now though :smile:

THANKS :smile: Well done on Emma, oh what could have been....:smile:

I've got an interview on the 14th aswell at Magdalene. What time is yours?
What's worst is how I SAY IT. A confusing word! :s-smilie: I've sorted out the pronunciation now though :smile:

btw is that you in the youtube clip on your profile?
Reply 5144
Original post by MyBrainNeedsBreaks

Mine's at 3.15 brother, what about you?
I've got to get my thing sorted out brother: I don't know about game theory. You feel me?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ohmzz
Mines at 3.15 bro wbu?
I gotta get my ting sorted b, dun kno about game theory. You feel me?

What's going on? Please tell me - are you on this thing? Man, I don't want to see you failing in the end. You know what I'm saying?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5146
Original post by mybrainneedsbreaks
wag1 g? Manna plz tel me u r on dis ting? Man dnt wanna see man failin in ends. U kna wot im syin?

lool wtf?
Original post by Quark123
I thought it was very interesting, particularly the section about confidence, and the way that the multiplier effect should be considered in that way as well as the standard 'money into the economy way'. I think that the basic thesis of the book is very true - the importance of human emotions in the economy, but I would find some points to argue against, mainly the way that Keynes is taken as, in the words of the authors, "our hero". That said, I really like Akerlof and looked up some of his research which was interesting. I've also applied for E&M, which college did you go for?

Well, I have to get an interview first, no idea about how the TSA went. I've gone for Christ Church, where about have you put? As for grades, 9A* 1A at GCSE and 5As at AS, inc general studies. Predictions A*A*A*A. Yourself?

I'm actually in yer 12, but it's funny you ask because I think I'll apply to chch too and with the sane gcses and hopefully the same ASs and predictions :biggrin:, best of luck with your application!
I thought it was very interesting, particularly the section about confidence, and the way that the multiplier effect should be considered in that way as well as the standard 'money into the economy way'. I think that the basic thesis of the book is very true - the importance of human emotions in the economy, but I would find some points to argue against, mainly the way that Keynes is taken as, in the words of the authors, "our hero".
That said, I really like Akerlof and looked up some of his research which was interesting. I've also applied for E&M, which college did you go for?

About the book, it was actually one of the first I read and has really made me view certain theories With a critical eye, I thought it was really interesting :smile:, I liked the style of writing as well, it didn't drag on like some other books do (Y)
Reply 5149

good luck man :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)

Mid afternoon, you? :smile:

And yes, that is me in the YouTube clip.
I asked for the time:angry: Mine is at 2.00 then 4.00.
I asked for the time:angry: Mine is at 2.00 then 4.00.

Don't feel comfortable saying.

Where else have you applied for by the way? :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by nefp
Got conditional offers from Kent and Sheffield for the BSc

How long ago did you apply to Sheffield, I really want to go there and I'm so eager to find out!
I've got offers form Surrey and UEA so far :smile:
Original post by sqwerty
anyone applying who hasn't taken economics A level?

yeah unfortunately they don't teach the subject at my school so i took business studies instead. the only reply i have had so far is uea which is 300 ucas points, i should easily be able to achieve that so i am very happy.
Reply 5155
How important is it in the personal statement to include a paragraph about reading an economics related book and describing your thoughts on some of the concepts? I've ran out of space to write anything else on my PS and not sure if I should trim some things down so I can include a paragraph about what I mentioned above.
Original post by LukeWz
How important is it in the personal statement to include a paragraph about reading an economics related book and describing your thoughts on some of the concepts? I've ran out of space to write anything else on my PS and not sure if I should trim some things down so I can include a paragraph about what I mentioned above.

10x more important than extra-cur.
Original post by ...mo...
Hey can I ask what grades your predicted

Thanks

ABB, yourself?
Original post by LukeWz

If you have something to say about a book, say it, but don't force something out. Write about what interests you in economics - you can do that well without a bibliography.
Anyone else got a mathematical interview as well as an economics one at Cambridge?

Latest

Trending

Trending